PDA

View Full Version : T-bar rows

chesty
12-30-2013, 02:50 AM
I started getting back into more free weights heavy compound lifts and one of the items is T-bar rows. I just did 4 and a half plates, lower back felt great. not gonna push it, but the fusion rocks and the muscles are strong. hope to thicken my back up. Also hoping to thicken my chest up again, do all heavy dumbell work and cables. No machines.

It is interesting to note that if we did just chest back and legs all other body parts would follow by default.

Ecto
12-30-2013, 08:53 AM
I do T-bar rows over barbell rows and sometimes do Kroc rows. I do nothing but heavy compound lifts as I am not built naturally for bodybuilding, I just focus on getting stronger and do Wendler 531

Ironguruera
12-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I prefer bar in the corner with plates on one end. They seem to get better contraction and ROM then the T bar does while building better thickness.

MuscleAddiction
12-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Tbars are on the menu this morning...I like BB rows too, just switch them up.

zedhed
12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Mostly use 90° and 45° BBL rows. Dont have a T bar and dont have a free corner in my basement. With the 45° I use underhand grip and at 90° overhand. Of the 2 I like the 45° rows better.

SisterSteel
01-01-2014, 07:17 PM
If you perform the big movements such as deadlifts, bench, OHP, squats, and others you won't have to do things like calf raises or bicep curls. Those smaller muscles will get worked indirectly. Most people over think things. They think they need to do 4 exercises for biceps and another 4 for calves. Instead use multi joint compound lifts and work several things at once.

Chesty, you should try Kroc rows and Pendlay rows. They are both great rowing movements and will build a thick dense back.

Encino_Mang
01-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Chesty, you should try Kroc rows.

I googled Kroc rows.......looks like reg DB rows to me....what am I missing?

zedhed
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey bro show a link plz to what you looked at.

chrisotpherm
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Here you go for Kroc.
Kroc Rows with Matt Kroczaleski - All Things Gym
http://www.allthingsgym.com/kroc-rows-matt-kroczaleski/

chrisotpherm
01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Here is the pendlay rows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ironguruera
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Here you go for Kroc.
Kroc Rows with Matt Kroczaleski - All Things Gym
http://www.allthingsgym.com/kroc-rows-matt-kroczaleski/

Looks like a properly done DB row to me? Best form I've seen in ages. Not one assfuck at the gym does them
Like this .... They all do some bicep pumping thing lol.

chrisotpherm
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
I do the kroc and it really does work. Gives a nice thickness to your back.

chrisotpherm
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Looks like a properly done DB row to me? Best form I've seen in ages. Not one assfuck at the gym does them
Like this .... They all do some bicep pumping thing lol.

I see them too. I use to try and help folks but everyone is a personal online trainer these days so I just laugh when im resting in between sets.

Encino_Mang
01-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Looks like a properly done DB row to me?

Me too....that's the way I've always done them..........less weight though :D

SisterSteel
01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I googled Kroc rows.......looks like reg DB rows to me....what am I missing?

Kroc Rows are a high rep DB Row where you put a little cheat in them (you can use a little momentum) to knock out high reps. People usually perform 25 or more reps per set.

Ironguruera
01-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Kroc Rows are a high rep DB Row where you put a little cheat in them (you can use a little momentum) to knock out high reps. People usually perform 25 or more reps per set.

Oh ok so it's the higher reps that make it a croc variant over standard DB row?

SisterSteel
01-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Oh ok so it's the higher reps that make it a croc variant over standard DB row?

That and you use a little swing with your body to complete the rep.

Another row you should check out is a Pendlay row. It's a bent over row with a bar with a dead stop and a complete stretch at the bottom.

Encino_Mang
01-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Another row you should check out is a Pendlay row. It's a bent over row with a bar with a dead stop and a complete stretch at the bottom.

Oh I like those......thanks!

zedhed
01-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the vids Chris.:)

chrisotpherm
01-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the vids Chris.:)
No problem bro.