PDA

View Full Version : Pain Relief Supps

Big Hoss
12-31-2013, 09:17 PM
What good pain relief supplements are out there (for headache, muscle, joint, etc. pain) other than the usual aspirin, ibuprofen, aceto., naprox?

Vicious 13
12-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I take norco if it's bad pain :/

Ironguruera
12-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry I don't use them other then aleeve etc when my back is killing me. I've never had a joint supp do shit. if my back is really right I get drunk. Really losses me up

SisterSteel
01-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Epsom salt baths other preventative measures help with minor aches and joint soreness. If you have headaches you may want to see if your BP is elevated and if it is you may need to check and see how much water your taking in daily.

MSM, Chondtroitin, etc do do shit or at least they never helped me when it came to joint pain.

Big Hoss
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Thank you all for sharing your info. and experience.

baby1
01-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Keeping your electrolytes in balance is very important to help muscle pain and soreness. magnesium is a great supp and when and has a muscle relaxing effect. I was told by my rheumatologist to take this about an hour before bed. She had me taking 400 to 600mg at a time. This a higher end so you may want to break the dose into 2 doses a day. Also, magnesium has a tendency to promote loose stool. For some this effect is a plus if they have problems going but for others it may not be so plesant. there are different types of magnesium that have this effct more than others. magnesium is often found in calcium supps too. Infact, magnesium helps the absorption of calcium in the body.

MuscleAddiction
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
My right elbow tendon has been giving me hell for weeks, train...ice...ibuprofen and mild massage to help. Sucks because can't train certain exercises like I want to, haven't hit biceps in a couple weeks just resting it, but still hitting chest, shoulders, and back religiously. I use a Shiek neoprene compression sleeve during training and just fight through the discomfort. Going to check with my PCP to see if I can get some PT for it see if it helps. I take a joint supplement, fish oils, stay hydrated, and such but still suffering :(.

Big Hoss
01-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Keeping your electrolytes in balance is very important to help muscle pain and soreness. magnesium is a great supp and when and has a muscle relaxing effect. I was told by my rheumatologist to take this about an hour before bed. She had me taking 400 to 600mg at a time. This a higher end so you may want to break the dose into 2 doses a day. Also, magnesium has a tendency to promote loose stool. For some this effect is a plus if they have problems going but for others it may not be so plesant. there are different types of magnesium that have this effct more than others. magnesium is often found in calcium supps too. Infact, magnesium helps the absorption of calcium in the body.

That's some good info to know; I didn't realize that... I guess it would help if I read the labels on my vitamin bottles!!!

Big Hoss
01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
My right elbow tendon has been giving me hell for weeks, train...ice...ibuprofen and mild massage to help. Sucks because can't train certain exercises like I want to, haven't hit biceps in a couple weeks just resting it, but still hitting chest, shoulders, and back religiously. I use a Shiek neoprene compression sleeve during training and just fight through the discomfort. Going to check with my PCP to see if I can get some PT for it see if it helps. I take a joint supplement, fish oils, stay hydrated, and such but still suffering :(.

I know what you mean bro. I went years without having to use any type of joint support. Then came the knee wraps... then the elbow sleeve... then a larger belt, etc., etc. By the time I put all of my support gear on, it's time to head home! I guess I should workout in a full body diver's suit!!! lol!

SisterSteel
01-03-2014, 09:07 PM

If you're having tendonitis issues you should look up voodoo floss. A lot of people have used it with success.

Ironguruera
01-03-2014, 09:47 PM
If you're having tendonitis issues you should look up voodoo floss. A lot of people have used it with success.

Hmm ill check it out. Whenever I start doing triceps a few weeks in tendinitis flares up. Certain moves really aggravate it like skull crushers so I stay away from them.

MuscleAddiction
01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Hmm ill check it out. Whenever I start doing triceps a few weeks in tendinitis flares up. Certain moves really aggravate it like skull crushers so I stay away from them.

You and me both...looking into them now, thanks Sis for the tip.

MuscleAddiction
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZG_9O_mAgM

Almost like Inzer wraps but neoprene. I guess you don't train with them on but more for recovery and therapy???

Big Hoss
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
For tendinitis, Icy Hot stick always helped me. Before and after a w/o. Lidocaine gel/cream helps too.

MuscleAddiction
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
For tendinitis, Icy Hot stick always helped me. Before and after a w/o. Lidocaine gel/cream helps too.

Thanks Hoss...I do that and then use compression sleeve.

red crayon
01-05-2014, 10:36 AM
I use icy hot (brand name) and blue emu oil. The icy hot before and after the work out and the blue emu oil daily. I only use those when the pain flares up. I have also found that you can work around the pain by doing partial reps. As far as aspirins go I usually use Anacin, its aspirin and caffeine together.

In the small town I live in we have a couple of Chinese girls that have a medical message shop, its at the mall so its on the up and up. A lot of the people who work out at the gym I go to say they can massage joint pains away, Ive never been there so I dont know. I go to the chiropractor about every other month. Come to think of it I bet I would enjoy the girls at the mall a lot better than the old chiropractor guy, lol.

zedhed
01-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Do the Chinese girls have any certifications, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue etc?

zedhed
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM
You know something that is strange to me is that sometimes I just ach pretty much all over. Then I take a nap and feel no aches after. Not real often but it does happen, anybody else have that?

Ironguruera
01-06-2014, 04:55 PM
You know something that is strange to me is that sometimes I just ach pretty much all over. Then I take a nap and feel no aches after. Not real often but it does happen, anybody else have that?

Not really. Took me ages to realize I feel like I'm dying after I'd crash from
Tne. I'd crash epic hard with tren ace and tne. I'd seriously be in fetal position and fall asleep and feel better after. Man did it take me a while
To figure that out! no more tne for me!

Big Hoss
01-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Not really. Took me ages to realize I feel like I'm dying after I'd crash from
Tne. I'd crash epic hard with tren ace and tne. I'd seriously be in fetal position and fall asleep and feel better after. Man did it take me a while
To figure that out! no more tne for me!

Same thing with me but with winny & primo.

Exerciseordie
01-07-2014, 02:56 AM
I like the animal joint supp, allmax makes an alright one, doctors best has a decent blend on Amazon. So I like animal the best. When I use letro my joints get horrible.

PhoenixBlood
03-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I use Joint Force, Joint Help, and Orange Triad to take care of my elbow tendonitis.