PDA

View Full Version : And...its an upper chest question!

zedhed
01-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Ok getting back to the good old whats your fav....for upper chest development. I have gravitated away from flat bench to doing floor presses and that has worked out very well for my shoulders.
And so with nothing changing I still see that I have very good lower pec development but my upper pecs are thin and pathetic giving my chest a not so pleasing shape.
This is not a discussion about weather or not upper and lower chest can be separated. IMO that has already been proven by years and years of BBERS that say it works and they have the chest's to prove it.
So what do you all do?:cool:

zedhed
01-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Hey Iron clean out your message box bro.

zedhed
01-16-2014, 03:43 AM
What the hell bros?
Cmon a little bit of help here plz...:cool:

Encino_Mang
01-16-2014, 08:08 AM
What the hell bros?
Cmon a little bit of help here plz...:cool:

Years ago when I first joined a gym I would do sets of DB incline press up and down the rack.......now because of injury I don't do flat bench I only do incline, as a result my upper chest is one my better body parts

Slayer
01-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I use the Life Fitness machine for incline chest for mondays chest workout. On thursdays I will do DB inclines. I get a better pump from the DB's but I am weaker on them.

zedhed
01-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah I had to give up flat bench a few years back due to shoulders. But went to floor press and have been progressing nicely on that. Lower pecs are nice and thick. But upper peck are like ribbons. So have been looking at very low incline bench with dbls. Very low inc bench with dbls revers grip. And this old school one.
You hold the dbls on your chest with them pressed against each other. Then you press them, holding them touching together, you do this on an indline.
Prolly gonna use all three for now and see if I wanna continue that way or drop one out for more intensity on the other 2.
OH and thanks bros.:cool:

MuscleAddiction
01-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Hope the video and trick it shows helps too buddy!!! I like Ben, he has some great tips.

drkmn1
01-16-2014, 07:27 PM
A few years back I came across an article somewhere on "Reverse Grip Bench Press". I gave it a shot and while it feels awkward at first at looks a little silly, I couldn't deny how much more it isolated my upper pecs by removing the assisting muscles usually associated with the bench press movement. Heres basically what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6p0Tp5HNvc

Anyway, it might be worth throwing into your workout every now and then. I've made them part of my regular chest routine...

zedhed
01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Fosho MA and thanks bro.
Drkmn thanks for the vid. Yeah I have read so much on these. Some say triceps only and some say chest only and some say both. Im gonna give them a long term test and see what happens with me and them. I am gonna be doing them with Dbls and on a low incline so that should def make a difference

OldGoat
01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Incline dumbbell spoon presses! http://youtu.be/GPOQFIYteRk

Ironguruera
01-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Spoon press, under grip on smith machine, smith machine press to Adam's apple, incline smith machine sit sideways on seat so knees face weight stack u are pressing one arm at a time. By turnin the body sideways the arm comes across the torso which is the point of chest.....bringing arms across your torso. These work fantastic!

zedhed
01-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Work out at home bro. No machines. But thanks OG and Iron. That spoon press looks interesting. Did 5x10 light on revgrip inc bench today. No shoulder soreness s lookin good so far on that one.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Ironguruera
01-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Work out at home bro. No machines. But thanks OG and Iron. That spoon press looks interesting. Did 5x10 light on revgrip inc bench today. No shoulder soreness s lookin good so far on that one.

That spoon press is a great finisher and isolated in general! Just be careful with some DB they will slip and u bust a pinky with the DB. Ask me how I know lol! The hex DB are much Safer just keep it in the back of your head lol.

zedhed
01-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Yup been there done that.

kazman68
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
stretching the pecs is so important for some reason, mores imho than any other group. I know Arnold used to do flyes and hold at the stretch position as long as he could, I did the same and my chest became one of my best bodyparts.just 02c

JerseyDevil
01-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Gotta try these. My shoulders are jacked. Had a full tear of my rotator cuff 3 years ago........ long recovery. And now my other shoulder has problems. I can see where the spoon press would be easier on the shoulder capsule. I will report back.

zedhed
01-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah I had a rotater tear and a torn detached labrum. So have to be careful with shoulders.

OldGoat
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM

Don't worry about going heavy on the spoon presses. They are gerat at about 40%. I usually don't go over 50lbs. And I can incline DB press 140's pretty easy at times! I like to press them up and back over your head. Not just straight up over the chest. The movement back over your head will really focus the contraction into your upper pec! And remember to really squeeze the pec for a good 2-3 seconds at top!

zedhed
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Gotcha bro thanks for the tips!:cool: