PDA

View Full Version : PR

zedhed
01-31-2014, 06:42 PM
90Lb Dbls on Hip Press from floor today for reps and sets. HELL YAH BABY!!:cool:
with no shoulder pain at all!:):)

Encino_Mang
01-31-2014, 07:13 PM
That's an awesome PR!

No PR for me, I just started trying to do more slow and controlled reps.......cut my weight in my work sets in half

zedhed
02-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Thanks bro.:)

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

JerseyDevil
02-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Nice PR brother! I seem to be going the other direction. I'm with Elbutcho, lower weight, slower reps, shorter rest periods. But damn I miss going heavy and explosive.

Encino_Mang
02-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Nice PR brother! I seem to be going the other direction. I'm with Elbutcho, lower weight, slower reps, shorter rest periods. But damn I miss going heavy and explosive.

I've always trained like a Powerlifter, 8, 5, 3 reps cycles then singles.......my upper body responds well.....my wheels, not so much, strong but no size......plus I'm starting to get injured more lifting heavy......my legs already look better by lowering the weight slow pausing at the bottom then exploding up and if I can squeeze at the top of the movement......try to feel the weight.........I'll probably switch between both styles

zedhed
02-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Exactly, my reg routine is 10x10 (as of 2 weeks ago)with up to 60 seconds rest btn sets. But those reps with the dbls were 10,8,7,5,5. Same rest period btn sets tho.
I love SL 5x5 but it certianly does take its toll on my bod. Prolly will not use it any more but go to 7x7 instead.
Am very pleased with the 10x10. Doing very good for my arms and waist line. Def not for strength, but helps mass and fat burning.