PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes, staple in any diets

SlevinsBrother
03-17-2014, 11:12 AM
I am extremely frugal, and my diet consists of some staples which are cheap; like chicken and canned green beans.
Does anyone who is "cut" year round (does this for a living/fitness model/6 pack year round) utilize potatos in their diet?

When I say frugal, I mean I spend 69.00 on food a week, and 20.00 of that comes from ON Casein Powder (no, it's not a huge part of my diet, pure casein is just expensive).

Ironguruera
03-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Nothin wrong with potatoes. Just eat protein with them to skew the glycemic load of the meal.

Big Hoss
03-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Try sweet potatoes, new potatoes, red potatoes, etc... I think they're less starchy. Might try carrots too, they have the same nutrients as potatoes with much less carbs. ^^^ IG is right, eat a good portion of protein with the potatoes to have everything balanced out.

SlevinsBrother
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Try sweet potatoes, new potatoes, red potatoes, etc... I think they're less starchy. Might try carrots too, they have the same nutrients as potatoes with much less carbs. ^^^ IG is right, eat a good portion of protein with the potatoes to have everything balanced out.

Good advice, thanks; what's the cheapest of the three you mentioned? I am doing this for frugality.

Big Hoss
03-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Good advice, thanks; what's the cheapest of the three you mentioned? I am doing this for frugality.

They're all around the same price, who'll just have to get to the grocery store and do a price comparison. :)