PDA

View Full Version : Morning workouts, any ripped/big dudes doing them?

SlevinsBrother
03-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Trying to talk myself into getting up at 4:45 and heading to the gym... But I know evening training is better.
But, I think that might only apply to natural people.

Would love some opinions or anecdotal evidence that you can get big working out fifteen minutes after you get out of bed (roughly).

MuscleAddiction
03-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Tuesday-Friday the wife and I wake up at 4am, in gym by 5am, train for an hour and a few. Saturdays & Mondays we train at 9am...I will not train at prime time, too much bullshit at that time.

SlevinsBrother
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Safe to say you're a big guy? Don't know your stats and haven't seen photos. I know people train in the a.m... Just want to find out if people have gotten "hyuuge" doing so.

MuscleAddiction
03-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Nah...I am 5'2", 155lbs wet, and been training 6 months...you are a funny guy!!! Morning time is when natural test levels are highest and it has been proven that morning workouts are pretty damn effective. Honestly, it is what you put into your workout which will yield your gains...that and your nutrition of course.

Big Hoss
03-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Don't have that much advice on this one... I'm not a morning person AT ALL. Years ago in the prime of my training, the wife and I did the early morning training and it just about wiped me out for the rest of the day. Lost motivation and the "fun" of a good heavy workout, so we changed back to strictly late afternoons, evenings, and weekends. :p

Ironguruera
03-23-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm not a morning person. Never have been. Unless its for sex, shooting, fishing in that order....fuck off!
That said my pseudo wife works out at 5 am cause she works 70 hrs a week in addition to working out 5-6 days a week.
She's in insane shape! I'm helping her with a few things. She's doing a masters show soon!
They say guys test is higher in am.
I say it's all bullshit. Work out what fits u and your schedule best! Even starring out the pseudo wife's epic Latina ass won't get me out of bed before 5 am......maybe if she let me play with her ass I would lol.

MuscleAddiction
03-24-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm not a morning person. Never have been. Unless its for sex, shooting, fishing in that order....fuck off!
That said my pseudo wife works out at 5 am cause she works 70 hrs a week in addition to working out 5-6 days a week.
She's in insane shape! I'm helping her with a few things. She's doing a masters show soon!
They say guys test is higher in am.
I say it's all bullshit. Work out what fits u and your schedule best! Even starring out the pseudo wife's epic Latina ass won't get me out of bed before 5 am......maybe if she let me play with her ass I would lol.

Blah...blah...sex, blah...blah...Latina Ass, blah...blah...play with pseudo Latina wife's ass, blah...blah...blah!!!

Ironguruera
03-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Lol what? Don't hate my beautiful mind lol.
Don't focus on the wrong part of my post.
I don't like early workouts lol!
Do you?

SlevinsBrother
03-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Ugh.
We'll MA is a good motivator I guess; pretty much everything I've ever read says cortisol sucks in the a.m. and so does your strength. I was hoping that shit only applied to natty's.

MA, any pictures on the forum of your physique? I've seen tons who are "willing" to do morning workouts but they all look like crap, sadly. Not a good sign.

SlevinsBrother
03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
And MA, why would you/I care about morning T levels? Doesn't us not being natural make that sort of a moot point? Just asking.

mj_0360
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
I think the key to working out right after you wake up is to make sure you get some food in you before you go to the gym. I'm not sure about natural daily hormonal patterns throughout the day but a little tne at 6 before I smash legs helps me doing anything! I like working out early because I have the rest of the day to eat, rest, and grow.

MuscleAddiction
03-24-2014, 10:30 AM
And MA, why would you/I care about morning T levels? Doesn't us not being natural make that sort of a moot point? Just asking.

Yes it is a mute point lol...just threw that tidbit of info out there.

MuscleAddiction
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Pictures were up long enough...not here to prove anything to anyone...

Hitting gym now after I drop off my little angel at school with the wifey, like IG said, blah...blah...what works for you, blah...blah...sex, blah...blah...pseudo girlfriends ass playing, blah...blah...you get the picture :). Cortisol can be controlled by pre & post workout carbs and protein consumption, vitamin C, and BCAA's during training...just do what you feel is best for you.

Vicious 13
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Ma I gotta say I'm so jealous of u that miss Nikki is your work out buddy. Don't get me wrong my wife looks like she's in great shape but she's just lucky I wish I could get here to seriously train w me. So has such a great starting point it would b insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsdanr
03-24-2014, 05:07 PM
I like to go early because that's when I have the most energy. This way I don't blow it off later because I'm tired from work or whatever.

NTL
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
I work swing shifts but always train before work.It's either 5 am or 5 pm.I always feel my strong when training at 5am when im on day shift.

SlevinsBrother
03-25-2014, 10:37 AM
So there are a lot of guys doing it; I wish I knew how "jacked" any one of you were.

zedhed
03-25-2014, 10:40 AM
SB trust me MA is a pretty big guy....I know he packs 20" guns. Go to his log and you can see his pics.

Ironguruera
03-25-2014, 03:12 PM
So there are a lot of guys doing it; I wish I knew how "jacked" any one of you were.

I don't think the time of day matters much bro. Maybe if u are beat down after work then yes your workout wouldn't be as productive as fresh before work.

I've yet to hear mr Olympia say my claim to fame is AM training lol.

Train what fits your schedule.

My most jacked friend trains whenever he can. He also doesn't take protein shakes. he big and ripped. Strong as fuck too!

mj_0360
03-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I think most top pros train after they get a few meals in them, so later in the day.

Bigelle510
11-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Morning workouts do great for me gets me fired up for the day but I do not stop moving all day i step 20000 steps daily
I go go goo

KingMD
11-26-2014, 07:06 AM
I like the train when u can approach and what works FOR YOU!..its YOU not the other guy or that guy or that one...fuck it just get ur ass in there and do work!

SlevinsBrother
04-20-2015, 08:34 PM
So I just read a bunch of different sites/articles pointing to evening being ideal for bodybuilding.

Damnit. Morning is soooo much more convenient. I've yet to see one picture of a dude I consider in top shape who trains in the a.m.

Sent from a secure app I developed just for MC, PM for details.

Ironguruera
04-20-2015, 10:16 PM
So I just read a bunch of different sites/articles pointing to evening being ideal for bodybuilding.

Damnit. Morning is soooo much more convenient. I've yet to see one picture of a dude I consider in top shape who trains in the a.m.

U have mor cals and nutrients into you later in the day.
That said I have some of my best workouts on the weekends when I'm fresh vs all day at work.

At the end of the day doesn't fucking matter a rats ass bit of difference. Train for when your schedules allow. None of us are fighting Kai and Phil for top 3 mr O placement this yr I think we are all good lol. Train when u can and prefer end of story.

BigBones
04-20-2015, 10:48 PM
I realllllllyyy like morning cardio and lunch timeish (2PM) workouts. Most of my team trains 3PM on.

xdude
04-21-2015, 07:16 AM
what you never watched any of the Battle of Olympia's videos... there are guy working out around the clock ...
there is a theory that Test Peaks in the AM and there fore first thing is best ... but IMHO it is when you are awake enough to do it right
which is different for everyone ..
I have met die hard's in the morning . after noon and later night ..
I remember going to the 24/7 gold's and asking the counter if they were busy at 2 AM , he said that place is actually very busy at 2 AM after the bars close the bouncers show up to get a work out before crashing,and since they were the only gym at that time it was fairly packed... then the postal employees before work he said ( big postal center down the street from there)

My gym is 24 hours week days and according to the guy at the desk it is in spurts ... but I have been there at 6 AM and had to wait for a bench or machine .

Big Hoss
04-21-2015, 12:08 PM
I HAVE to train late afternoon/early evening. My muscles are all nice and warmed-up from work, the cobwebs are all shook-out, and I have more energy & strength. Only time I train in the morning is on the weekends; and it has to be around 9-10 am. Any earlier than that then I'm a total zombie. But, I have to say what ever works for you. If you see gains working out in the morning... then go for it.

Slayer
04-21-2015, 12:24 PM
I also train late afternoon. But thats because I get out of work at 3:00pm. Im working out by 3:45pm. Thats MY schedule! I agree with IG and BH,you have to do whats right for YOU!!!

Ebo10
04-21-2015, 04:00 PM
A friend of mine who works out in the morning lol hope this helps your scheduling!2820

SlevinsBrother
04-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Ebo through a wrench in things.

Ironguruera
04-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Ebo through a wrench in things.

That mother fucked would still be jacked like that if he trained late at night lol.

Big dude!

Ebo10
04-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Haha dudes been jacked since high school !
I am positive that it doesn't matter when u train. What matters is how you train and what you eat. And... How much gear you slam in your butt as well lol

Ironguruera
04-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Haha dudes been jacked since high school !
I am positive that it doesn't matter when u train. What matters is how you train and what you eat. And... How much gear you slam in your butt as well lol

Nailed it

Big Hoss
04-22-2015, 11:08 AM
A friend of mine who works out in the morning lol hope this helps your scheduling!2820

Looks like he's been bitten by Venom!

Ebo10
04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Looks like he's been bitten by Venom!

Haha!

Encino_Mang
04-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Morning workouts are tough, I've done them and it nice to be rested but it's so hard for me to get out of bed that early to get them in.

Ironguruera
04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Morning workouts are tough, I've done them and it nice to be rested but it's so hard for me to get out of bed that early to get them in.

Exactly. Then I'm beat the rest of the day.

Ebo10
04-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Y'all sound like women right now! Jk lol I'm a morning guy myself and I wouldn't have it any other way. Too many kids in the gym any other time of day. I only go late in day if I have to for scheduling but otherwise I'm in a.m.

Nbencze
04-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Your right......I lift in the mornin, and I have a hell of a time doing anything else lol.

Nbencze
04-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Why you got to be posting shit like that, and making me feel bad about myself lol. That dude was jacked for sure.

Ebo10
04-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Why you got to be posting shit like that, and making me feel bad about myself lol. That dude was jacked for sure.

Haha!

xdude
04-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Your right......I lift in the mornin, and I have a hell of a time doing anything else lol.

Morning work outs are awesome... you don't feel like going to the gym for a while , you tell your night time buddies...
"I been coming before work, I get it over and have a great pump .. it is awesome.!" Now of course you are just not showing up.. but the morning staff is not there to questions and no one from the mornings is there are night.. you are good for go..
;)

Big Hoss
04-24-2015, 11:22 AM

Yeah... Ebo... you're givin' us all complexes! lol!

Ebo10
04-24-2015, 04:16 PM
My bad my bad! But hey it doesn't hurt to look in the mirror every once in a while! Lmao

xdude
04-26-2015, 02:13 PM
another thing about working out ion the AM's .... if you over sleep you are not a little late.... you miss it completely

SlevinsBrother
04-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Correct; assuming you have a day job which most here do.

Ironguruera
04-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Correct; assuming you have a day job which most here do.

I don't know I think my buddy has the right idea. He strips like 3 days a week and just eats and workouts all the time. He is paying some lady to cook his meals so he doesn't even have to do that anymore lol.

SlevinsBrother
04-29-2015, 02:17 AM
If you have a wide and kid/day job you're a better man than you have to be. Because if you don't have those you should be on Pattaya beach right now in Thailand.
1000 bucks will get you there.
1000 more will let you live like a king for thirty days.

Ebo10
04-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Oh man, let me go put these three kids back where they came from! Crap every time in get near that spot it traps me! That pussy definitely has a curse on me! Lmao Thailand sounds nice tho

xdude
04-29-2015, 08:23 PM
If you have a wide and kid.

is that a Freudian slip? you could be in lot of trouble referring to the wife as wide .... :D
it work for Dennis James, don't have to warm up because it 100 degrees at 9 am ..,. as I understand it Roids are over the counter and unbelievably cheap ...however Whey is illegal since it is made from large amounts of milk that could be used for starving babies ( go figure)

Ironguruera
04-29-2015, 09:30 PM
If you have a wide and kid/day job you're a better man than you have to be. Because if you don't have those you should be on Pattaya beach right now in Thailand.

I know a guy who has a hotel in Philippines. He said $800-$1000 I can eat steak and lobster, get drunk as hell daily and bang tons of Asians for an entire month.

I should have went before I got married. Stupid stupid me....

Ebo10
04-29-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm telling you! Something about Asian lady drives me crazy, but I've never hooked up with one? Thai Thai Thailand is calling me num

BigBones
04-29-2015, 10:35 PM
The Philippines are a place in this world all men should test out before sowing their oats. Mmm I love chiny foo.

SlevinsBrother
04-29-2015, 11:05 PM
STDs galore though guys. But you can arrange a Pattaya beach vacation tomorrow.

Ironguruera
04-29-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm telling you! Something about Asian lady drives me crazy, but I've never hooked up with one? Thai Thai Thailand is calling me num

They can be hot or they look like aliens. No middle ground lol.

They love big American guys there.

I had an Asian gf and an Asian roommate off the boat.

Not impressed lol. That fucking kimchi made my house smell like a dead hookers ass the roommate always cooked

xdude
04-30-2015, 08:09 AM
Ever here about Larry Hillblom .... he was the "H" in DHL
after selling the company he moved to the Philippines and spent his time deflowering virgins ...apparently it is OK to bid on that over there
fathered hundreds of illegitimate kids ... and they are all suing for part of his fortune ...
I love these stories of billionaires that are completely paranoid and because they are ass holes , no one to leave the fortune to,nor anyone they can trust.. .....what did your billions get you buddy and unhappy life

( it takes an ass hole to become a billionaire ... Seriously try and think of billionaire that you don't say he is an asshole ..maybe warren buffet)

brining it home ..I believe Larry would have liked to work out in the morning, and was never ripped

Ebo10
04-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Yep u gotta do a lot of backstabbing to become that rich! That's called selling your soul to the devil for temporary gain. I'd rather walk in the light poor as fuck with my family by my side thank you very much. Keep your money. I got my fortune!

BigBones
04-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Lol, most of the rich have fucked their way to the top (one way or another).

Big Hoss
04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
I know a guy who has a hotel in Philippines. He said $800-$1000 I can eat steak and lobster, get drunk as hell daily and bang tons of Asians for an entire month.

I should have went before I got married. Stupid stupid me....

The Philippines are a place in this world all men should test out before sowing their oats. Mmm I love chiny foo.

STDs galore though guys. But you can arrange a Pattaya beach vacation tomorrow.

Sounds like the 'Hangover 2' all over again! lol!

Slayer
04-30-2015, 12:39 PM
LOL BH! "What is that??? It looks like a spyders nest!" LOL

Big Hoss
04-30-2015, 12:47 PM
LOL BH! "What is that??? It looks like a spyders nest!" LOL

L M A O!!! "I do blow all night. Monkey jerk me off while I watch Stu make f*ck with lady boy."

xdude
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
wow did this subject drift ..morning workouts to thialand, phillipines sd's and so on

Big Hoss
04-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Yep, a lil' too much tren! lol!

xdude
05-24-2015, 02:40 PM
well here is one , so he is calling the film maker at 5 AM , and asking where is he....anyone else asking the question who is filming ?
and if you ever watch 16 candles as a kid....."doesn't black and white just capture the moment ?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgAfJ_nb-I#t=68

Ironguruera
05-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Who trains totally covered up for a video training session?
Holy boring batman....

Where's a Dorian video to make me feel better about watching that pile ? Lol

xdude
05-24-2015, 04:45 PM
I noticed at my gym the really big dudes are always covered up year round..
I remember one dude wearing a heavy champion sweat shirt and sweat pants on this day it had to be 90 and muggy ..
I was sucking down water just watching him..he must of gone through 2 gallons that workout.
I guess it was good for ridding the body of heavy metals ....but many I couldn't do it ..
I know it is good for the joints to stay warm...but that is ridiculous

TITAN-280
05-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I train every morning at 4am. Only time I have to do it and not take time away from my daughters.....

Ebo10
05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
I noticed at my gym the really big dudes are always covered up year round..
I remember one dude wearing a heavy champion sweat shirt and sweat pants on this day it had to be 90 and muggy ..
I was sucking down water just watching him..he must of gone through 2 gallons that workout.
I guess it was good for ridding the body of heavy metals ....but many I couldn't do it ..
I know it is good for the joints to stay warm...but that is ridiculous
I always wear sweats straight covered up and sweating ! I find it makes me less approachable by the ladies so it is on the must list oh and my wife makes me lol jk

Ebo10
05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
I train every morning at 4am. Only time I have to do it and not take time away from my daughters.....
Smart man Titan !

getthepump40
05-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Lately I have been training at 5am which i seem to love, especially while i am dieting. The first meal of my day is always about 50g of white hominy grits and 11 egg whites regardless of whether it is my high carb day, moderate carb day or low carb day, so my energy levels are are at their highest after a good nights rest and a big breakfast around 4am. As the day drags on i can become more lethargic and mentally fried, so its best for me to get the workout done in the morning. Plus theres nobody in my gym at that hour so i get it all to myself. Not to mention, theres something about driving to the gym early in the morning when its still dark outside and pulling into the parking lot when there are no other cars there... makes me focused for whatever reason.

xdude
05-28-2015, 08:43 AM
yeah and it is so much easier to gather all the dumbells for drop sets !

TITAN-280
05-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Smart man Titan !

Thanks Ebo10. Plus the fact that there's only one or 2 people there that time of the morning, so when things start to change every few days around July/August/September there won't be a bunch of 5 o'clock douchebags all up in my bidness. :-)

Big Hoss
05-28-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm at my best when I train late afternoon/early evening. I try to hit that "small window of opportunity"... that time where the afternoon workout-wannabe's are leaving and I have about an hour before the "I'm going to go and workout after work" crowd hits. It seems to be the sweet spot time slot. lol! And.. I'm like the rest of you, I like to keep my head down and not talk to anyone. I take training very serious... it's ME TIME! It's like a second job to me. Block out all the bullshit, stay focused, and train insane!

Nbencze
05-28-2015, 03:15 PM
He don't want people to see his legs lol.

Big Hoss
05-28-2015, 04:49 PM
He don't want people to see his legs lol.

Yeah.... there's this one dude at my gym that thinks he's really hot shit... he trys to puff-out and walks around all cocky and trys to give the young-uns tips and pointers, but he always wears sweatpants. You can tell he has NO LEGS whatsoever and all you see him workout is his upperbody. First time he trys to get in my face ... I'll tell him... "Pull your pants down and let me see those wheels bro"... that's what I thought... shut the fuck up and go to Curves where the stay-at-home Moms workout! lol! ha!

xdude
05-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Yeah.... there's this one dude at my gym that thinks he's really hot shit... he trys to puff-out and walks around all cocky and trys to give the young-uns tips and pointers, but he always wears sweatpants. You can tell he has NO LEGS whatsoever and all you see him workout is his upperbody. First time he trys to get in my face ... I'll tell him... "Pull your pants down and let me see those wheels bro"... that's what I thought... shut the fuck up and go to Curves where the stay-at-home Moms workout! lol! ha!

hey stop picking on me ;)

BigBones
05-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Smart man Titan !
Good man (good father) TITAN. I tend to do the same, 4:30.

xdude
06-22-2015, 03:57 PM

apparently there may be a reader that also is on team andro
http://clips.team-andro.com/videos/recent

4 of them went to Thailand ( hmmm wonder why ? over the counter juice? or are they just reading this post)
anyhow 4 guys sharing a hotel room with a little too much test...
oh yeah this out of animal house ... lot of horsing around...

you may not know German but you can figure out what is going on ,
the bald one with 2 earrings reminds me of my buddy from the gym... he is a dead ringer for him

anyhow ,looks like a nice hotel... but if you are going around the globe ,..you got to stay for at least 2 weeks or have a pit stop for a couple days IMHO
since we mention Thailnad here ... figure I would post it ..

TITAN-280
06-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Good man (good father) TITAN. I tend to do the same, 4:30.

Thanks brother.!!! Same to you. !! :-)

TITAN-280
06-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Blah...blah...sex, blah...blah...Latina Ass, blah...blah...play with pseudo Latina wife's ass, blah...blah...blah!!!

LMAO.!!! ^^^^^

Ironguruera
06-29-2015, 04:51 PM
LMAO.!!! ^^^^^

Lol hence my signature!! He cracked me up with that post! I've toned it down since then!