PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter

Orange24
04-21-2014, 02:29 AM
I know almond butter is better for you, heck even raw almond butter. I'm not exaggerating when i say the amount of peanut butter I eat is staggering. My guess is up to 6-10tbs a day. Shoot me straight here, is this bad for me? I have the genetics where fats never bloat me or add unwanted weight. However I must cycle carbs. I get by with some super high carb days and some super low carb days during the week(I have to carb cycle to keep an overall lean profile. however Pb is unavoidable for me. I eat it like I drink water. Huge spoon fulls all day long. Its by far my favorite food in all the earth. Am I killing myself here or am I helping myself maintain and buffer physique?

baby1
04-21-2014, 08:09 AM
I think peanut butter is just as good as almond butter. Buy the natural one though as it has less/ or no sugar and peanut butter is still a "good fat" like almond butter is. If it fits into your daily caories(macros). I wouldnt worry about it.

Ironguruera
04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I think peanut butter is just as good as almond butter. Buy the natural one though as it has less/ or no sugar and peanut butter is still a "good fat" like almond butter is. If it fits into your daily caories(macros). I wouldnt worry about it.

Exactly!

I've discovered I'm not allergic to peanut butter but the ones with oil don't agree with me. I burp for ages. I've recently tried some of the natural ones that are no stir and oddly they don't bother me at all!! I've switched to this as I was pounding through the almond butter and man it's twice the price of peanut butter.

Orange24
04-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Love pb more than anything in the world. Trader joes has great chunky salted

baby1
04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Love pb more than anything in the world. Trader joes has great chunky salted

Dont know if you have Aldi by you but they have their own "natural brand with no oil sitting on top. Only a bit over $2 too. I only shop at Trader Joes and Aldi. I just picked up some Almond butter at TJ's and it was $6.99 but it is yummy. they used to have an almond butter with flaxseeds in it and it was the bomb. I dont see it there anymore though

Orange24
04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
They quit carrrying the almond butter with flax seeds. Had a black lid. I remember it. Got discontinued.

Ironguruera
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
They quit carrrying the almond butter with flax seeds. Had a black lid. I remember it. Got discontinued.

My mom used to get a brand that literally came In a bucket the size of a paint can damn near. Was organic and natural too. I've seen 5 gallon size but not sure who makes it or what's in it.

Orange24
04-21-2014, 06:47 PM
That can't be good quality

Encino_Mang
04-21-2014, 07:00 PM
My mom used to get a brand that literally came In a bucket the size of a paint can damn near. Was organic and natural too. I've seen 5 gallon size but not sure who makes it or what's in it.

Lol a 5 gallon bucket of pure goodness..........I'd flip out in a peanut butter haze, kinda like bath salts but creamy

MuscleAddiction
04-21-2014, 08:23 PM
We have a peanut butter machine at our local store...top is full of shelled peanuts and it grinds them up and spits out fresh ground peanut butter...I eat 3-4 PB&J sandwiches on Ezekiel bread daily...with apricot preserves, my pre & post workout snack!!! Love PB too bro...and our Muscle Morsel protein bars are made from same PB too...all natural!!!

Orange24
04-21-2014, 08:25 PM
That's insane
Thats 80 pieces of bread haha!!

MuscleAddiction
04-21-2014, 08:29 PM
That's insane
Thats 80 pieces of bread haha!!

80??? 3-4 sandwiches a day is only 6-8 slices of bread, well x7 would be 42+ slices of Ezekiel bread every week...but it is flour less bread, low glycemic, and very fibrous.

Orange24
04-21-2014, 08:31 PM
8* lol my bad. Ezekiel cinnamon raisin is my favorite pbj. 1 a day for me. Maybe with added bananas:)

MuscleAddiction
04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
8* lol my bad. Ezekiel cinnamon raisin is my favorite pbj. 1 a day for me. Maybe with added bananas:)

Yeah baby!!!

xdude
05-29-2014, 06:14 PM
hmmm peanut butter , almond butter ... they are all good..
but the ultimate in decadence is Cashew butter ... hmmm it is rich .. of course it is also $12
really high in fat

I remember that peanut butter in the giant plastic tub. it was teddy bear peanut butter..
before teddy bear went healthy. it was one of the peanut butters where because the peanut oil was worth a lot .. they replaced it .. instead of peanut oil it was replaced with rendered lard ( yumm!)

I eat Peanut butter by the spoon full..

also heat the sugar free PB in the micro . stir in some honey then spread on some Metrx pancakes
and you have a breakfast that can power you through a great workout ..good fats ,slow burning carbs and protein

NYJACK
08-24-2014, 06:39 PM
I mite b a bit late chiming in here, but peanut butter rules, n yes I'm often drawn in buy the big cheap buckets cause u know,u won't go hungry lol like the 5lb cans of tuna, I eat Em n 2 days lol but one the best meals on earth is peanut butter n a banana in oatmeal, my goodness with sum protein powder too, hardy as hell now but the all that fiber and protein alleviates a lot