PDA

View Full Version : Sleep!

Bruiser
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
It's been over 100 degrees here for a couple weeks, and our little AC unit can't keep up. It's still at least 89 in the house. I haven't been able to get more than 3 hours of sleep a night in weeks! Well, not anymore...

We're getting ready to go get a second AC unit for the bedroom (where it's 5-10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house) and then my phone rings this morning and it's my buddy asking me if I want his king size Sleep Number bed (worth about $2,500) for FREE! Hells yeah! AC and a new bed? Movin on up. Lol. I wish it was bedtime already...

mondtster
07-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Got to be cool at night to sleep....can't stand when the power is out or AC is broke.

Bruiser
07-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Update:
Got the second AC in the bedroom yesterday (it's about two feet from my side of the bed) and the new sleep number matress we got is a California king! Shit, that thing is huge! Me, the wife, both kids and the dog could probably sleep on that thing! Lol I actually woke up sore today, because I didn't move an inch all night! I slept straight through. I haven't slept that good in years, not even the first night I got my BiPAP machine.

Lunchbox
07-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Two things I will never skimp money on. Making sure my A/C is working and in good condition (being from Texas this is a must) and a really good bed.

Hands down

Oldschooliron
07-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Update:
Got the second AC in the bedroom yesterday (it's about two feet from my side of the bed) and the new sleep number matress we got is a California king! Shit, that thing is huge! Me, the wife, both kids and the dog could probably sleep on that thing! Lol I actually woke up sore today, because I didn't move an inch all night! I slept straight through. I haven't slept that good in years, not even the first night I got my BiPAP machine.

Glad u are snoring logs. How do u like that bipap machine? Insurance pay for it?

Bruiser
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Two things I will never skimp money on. Making sure my A/C is working and in good condition (being from Texas this is a must) and a really good bed.

Hands down

Hell, I think it's been hotter here in WI than it has been down by you lately. Shit is insane!

Bruiser
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Glad u are snoring logs. How do u like that bipap machine? Insurance pay for it?

Love it! I lucked out and insurance paid for it too.

Oldschooliron
07-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Love it! I lucked out and insurance paid for it too.

How did u go about this? Go to dr and say u can't sleep for shit? Then did he send u for a sleep test or something?

Bruiser
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
How did u go about this? Go to dr and say u can't sleep for shit? Then did he send u for a sleep test or something?

I had to go to my general practitioner to get a referral to a neurologist. Then the neurologist sent me for the sleep study. It all depends on your insurance though.

Oldschooliron
07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Ill look into it. Thanks!

Bruiser
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Ill look into it. Thanks!

Good luck with it. If you are suffering from sleep apnea, I feel for you dude. It's miserable. Until I got my machine, I didn't get 3 hours of sleep a night for many many years. According to my sleep study I was having over 90 apnea events per hour. Which in my case meant I was waking up because I wasn't breathing 1 1/2 times every minute! Fuuuuckkk.

Arabian
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Good luck with it. If you are suffering from sleep apnea, I feel for you dude. It's miserable. Until I got my machine, I didn't get 3 hours of sleep a night for many many years. According to my sleep study I was having over 90 apnea events per hour. Which in my case meant I was waking up because I wasn't breathing 1 1/2 times every minute! Fuuuuckkk.

I am on a CPAP machine now. I went for my sleep study and was waking up 43 times an hour on average. I sleep sound as anything now. The mask is cumbersome and hard to get use to though.

Oldschooliron
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Send me your machine so I can try it out Arabian. You owe me lol.

Arabian
07-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Send me your machine so I can try it out Arabian. You owe me lol.

lol , I might not wake up without it...llololool

Bruiser
07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I am on a CPAP machine now. I went for my sleep study and was waking up 43 times an hour on average. I sleep sound as anything now. The mask is cumbersome and hard to get use to though.

It took me about a week to get use to the mask. I'm a mouth breather so I ha to get the full face mask instead of the nice little nose piece one. My only issue is that my beard gets caught in the straps and buckles! Lol.

Oldschooliron
07-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I live in a dry climate. Do u guys find these sleep machines dry out your mouth and throat while u sleep?

Lunchbox
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
I live in a dry climate. Do u guys find these sleep machines dry out your mouth and throat while u sleep?

I dunno what the fk is wrong with me today. After reading your question the first thing I thought of was about 3 or 4 stupid dirty jokes I could make out of your question. :D

But yes.. North Texas is dry and I previously used a breathing treatment machine. It would dry out my mouth.

Bruiser
07-11-2012, 02:34 PM

I dunno what the fk is wrong with me today. After reading your question the first thing I thought of was about 3 or 4 stupid dirty jokes I could make out of your question. :D

But yes.. North Texas is dry and I previously used a breathing treatment machine. It would dry out my mouth.

My BiPAP has a built in humidifier and water reservoir. So I'm G2G.

Oldschooliron
07-11-2012, 02:52 PM

Lmfao!! I thought of some horrible shit as I wrote that....thought it was just the proviron talking!
I was at this nutrition shop one time and this hottie started asking me why I like the alkaline water. I told her it made my mouth wetter....she was like I like my mouth wetter lmao!! I was so blind sided. To bad I wasn't on tne/proviron. I would have fucked her right on that water machine.

Oldschooliron
07-11-2012, 02:53 PM
My BiPAP has a built in humidifier and water reservoir. So I'm G2G.

Fancy !! I got some natural sleep aids I'm going to try. If they don't work I'll check out these sleep machines.