PDA

View Full Version : gaining muscle mass help

luke_270
05-10-2014, 03:21 PM
im 17 years old am just under 6ft and weigh 68kg i want get more muscle mass and bulk up anyone got any tips and suppliments i should use etc. cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layddually2
05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Steakdrol and potatolone are the two best supps. ;)

luke_270
05-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Steakdrol and potatolone are the two best supps. ;)

hmmm what would that be then

Ironguruera
05-10-2014, 06:47 PM
He was joking or maybe u are as too.

He means EAT!! Lots of quality food! Steak, chicken, fish, brown rice, oats yams!

If u are not sick of eating. U are not eating enough. For a true mass diet u should be eating 5-7 times a day and eating the food choices I listed. Not fast food or processed shit!

Supp wise whey protein powder and bcaa are plenty!

Your natural test levels are plenty high. U just need to eat and train hard brother !

luke_270
05-10-2014, 06:55 PM
He was joking or maybe u are as too.

He means EAT!! Lots of quality food! Steak, chicken, fish, brown rice, oats yams!

If u are not sick of eating. U are not eating enough. For a true mass diet u should be eating 5-7 times a day and eating the food choices I listed. Not fast food or processed shit!

Supp wise whey protein powder and bcaa are plenty!

Your natural test levels are plenty high. U just need to eat and train hard brother !

cheers dude training 5 times a week atm, gona start eating alot more as you said, would a weight gainer protein like pure mass be better or just normal whey?

Ironguruera
05-10-2014, 07:04 PM
If u are skinny as hell sure use a weight gainer shake especially before bed.
If u are super skinny I would suggest maybe going to a 3 day a week training program vs 5.
True hard gainers require more recovery then others.

Diet is the biggest secret puzzle peace that's exists!!

At every meal eat something that used to have a face! If u do this 7 times a day I promise u will fucking grow more then u ever imagined with time. 3 yrs from now u will look at old pictures and laugh.
Takes time time bro.

I was 125 lbs when I graduated high school. I'm 185 now.

Trust me at your age u don't need steroids. U need food and good training .....then just commitment and a few yrs.

luke_270
05-10-2014, 07:08 PM
If u are super skinny I would suggest maybe going to a 3 day a week training program vs 5.

At every meal eat something that used to have a face! If u do this 7 times a day I promise u will fucking grow more then u ever imagined with time. 3 yrs from now u will look at old pictures and laugh.
Takes time time bro.

Trust me at your age u don't need steroids. U need food and good training .....then just commitment and a few yrs.

thats sweet mate cheers for the help ill go shopping and get some protein and lots of meat!

Ironguruera
05-10-2014, 07:22 PM
thats sweet mate cheers for the help ill go shopping and get some protein and lots of meat!

Good man! There u go ! Eat and then eat some more!
Watch the jay cutler living large video on YouTube. What do u notice??? He is nearly eating in every damn scene lol.

SFDan
05-10-2014, 08:10 PM

Takes time time bro.

This IS the answer! Enjoy the ride

luke_270
05-11-2014, 05:55 AM
This IS the answer! Enjoy the ride

cheers buddy looks like a wxpensive ride but it will be worth it!:)

mondtster
05-11-2014, 09:20 AM
At your height, weight, and age roughly you need 1750 cals for maintenance. Takes about 3500cals a week plus or minus to loose or gain one pound. Also need to take into account how hard you train. So I would start with 2250 cals a day and work up from there in increments of 250-500 a day every couple weeks until you feel you are getting enough food and not putting on too much fat.

Other than food I would just get a good whey protein and creatine monohydrate. If you can afford it go with some casein as well for a good nighttime shake.

Eat,Eat,train, eat, sleep....plenty of sleep. Best way to start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

luke_270
05-11-2014, 09:55 AM
At your height, weight, and age roughly you need 1750 cals for maintenance. Takes about 3500cals a week plus or minus to loose or gain one pound. Also need to take into account how hard you train. So I would start with 2250 cals a day and work up from there in increments of 250-500 a day every couple weeks until you feel you are getting enough food and not putting on too much fat.

Other than food I would just get a good whey protein and creatine monohydrate. If you can afford it go with some casein as well for a good nighttime shake.

Eat,Eat,train, eat, sleep....plenty of sleep. Best way to start.

cheers mate im having 4 meals a day atm having meat in 2 of them and 1 shake a day but might upp that to to and train 4-5 times a week is this the right way to go about things

luke_270
05-11-2014, 10:01 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/11/uze7y4yz.jpg this is my workout routine atm is this any good or does it need ajusting?

mondtster
05-11-2014, 12:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/11/uze7y4yz.jpg this is my workout routine atm is this any good or does it need ajusting?

Workout routine is a little weak. How long do you have to workout and what days do you prefer? You need more pulling, pressing, and squatting.

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 12:30 PM
I typically do three lifts per muscle some days more rarely ever less... I'm going 4 to 5 times a week right now I don't devote a day to legs anymore because of my knee I just throw them in on days when i feel I can(really starting to bum me out...upper body looking good legs sad) and I throw abs in everyday to offset as well... Haven't really been doing much cardio other than swimming... U gotta do what's good for u but I'm not even sure of ur gettin a good pump just like that... That should b your goal, I like to go till muscle failure... I almost crashed my Vespa on the way home from chest and tris last week lol

luke_270
05-11-2014, 12:53 PM
I typically do three lifts per muscle some days more rarely ever less... I'm going 4 to 5 times a week right now I don't devote a day to legs anymore because of my knee I just throw them in on days when i feel I can(really starting to bum me out...upper body looking good legs sad) and I throw abs in everyday to offset as well... Haven't really been doing much cardio other than swimming... U gotta do what's good for u but I'm not even sure of ur gettin a good pump just like that... That should b your goal, I like to go till muscle failure... I almost crashed my Vespa on the way home from chest and tris last week lol

must of worked hard aha and yeah i normally work untill failure on the last set

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 12:56 PM
If your feeling like your gettin it than don't over do it gotta do what's good for you I'm going back to the basics and really concentrating on form more than heavy weights and such

luke_270
05-11-2014, 01:04 PM
If your feeling like your gettin it than don't over do it gotta do what's good for you I'm going back to the basics and really concentrating on form more than heavy weights and such

just wana get big really just not that to sure how to reach my goal! that workout does seem to be doing the job as im toned now but just wana gain more muscle

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 01:06 PM
U start eating huge like recommended and you'll start to see it pack on like these guys said when I've gained most I'm literally eating all day literally

xdude
05-11-2014, 01:16 PM
this is good to see.. none are you are pushing AS.. it is so true ...at your age taking AS would be a big mistake .. right now you are at the age where the body is producing plenty of test...take any more and i would do more damage than good, and probably cause you to be low for life

eat work out and enjoy being 18!

we are all jealous!;)

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM

What Is this a warm up??

I like that u are doing some simple mass moves ie Bench and squats but u need more exercises for everything.

For chest I'd like to see something like this. Bench, incline bench, DB flys, cable cross overs. Do 3 sets 8-12 reps.

Legs should be squats, leg press, hack squats or hack sled, stiff leg deads, ham curls, calves. I rotate rep scheme here. I prefer 25-12 reps but will also do 6-12 reps as a mix up

That should get u going. Ill post more if u like.

Big Hoss
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM

Takes time time bro.

IG, what's your height if you don't mind me asking...

luke_270
05-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Workout routine is a little weak. How long do you have to workout and what days do you prefer? You need more pulling, pressing, and squatting.

i repeat monday tuesday and friday twice im usually in the gym typically around 45 minutes each workout what would you suggest adding to my routine?

luke_270
05-11-2014, 04:58 PM
What Is this a warm up??

I like that u are doing some simple mass moves ie Bench and squats but u need more exercises for everything.

For chest I'd like to see something like this. Bench, incline bench, DB flys, cable cross overs. Do 3 sets 8-12 reps.

Legs should be squats, leg press, hack squats or hack sled, stiff leg deads, ham curls, calves. I rotate rep scheme here. I prefer 25-12 reps but will also do 6-12 reps as a mix up

That should get u going. Ill post more if u like.

as im a newbie um unsure on some of those excercises you mentioned so i will look them up and give it a go ive joined mens health personal trainer tool and there seems to be a fair few good workout routines on there that should get me going

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Just you tube those bro and you'll find all kinds of good videos

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 05:35 PM
I do the 5x5 5 reps by 5 sets and like I said at least 6 lifts and im done in about an hour hour and 20 I do like 30 second rests in between sets and go lift to lift like a mad man... U won't catch me on the phone or chit chatting really I'm pretty much on a mission to do what I need to steam room 30 minutes and I'm out

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 06:36 PM
IG, what's your height if you don't mind me asking...

Nearly a midget lol. 5' 6"

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM

Yup YouTube or bodybuilding.com has great how to videos for tons of exercises.

Big Hoss
05-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Nearly a midget lol. 5' 6"

5'6" @ 185 lbs. is some pretty good stats bro!

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
5'6" @ 185 lbs. is some pretty good stats bro!

It's a good weight for a small
Woman as Dorian would say lol.
Thanks bro. I'm getting there.
200lbs at 6% sounds damn sexy too me.

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 11:19 PM

If you just stop wasting all those calories on Latina asses you might get to 200 :)

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 11:24 PM
If you just stop wasting all those calories on Latina asses you might get to 200 :)

Man I wish that was the case!! She's like a nun! She's just a really good friend.

luke_270
05-12-2014, 03:26 AM

just have dude :) i know what everyone means now

zedhed
05-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Ok luke this is from outside the box.
IMO you are doing way way way too much working out. At your age your body is literally burning. Burning everything you can possibly put in it and then wanting much much more. So for you young friend you need to think less is more as far as your workouts go, that is if you wanna add mass.
Also just a note here if your not using Creatine you need to.
Ok on to my opine of the workout that you should be doing to get the most bang for your buck.
Strong Lifts 5x5.
It goes like this.
3 days per week. Alternate from workout A to workout B every workout.
So on Mon WO A. Wed WO B. Fri WO A and continuing.
Here are the workouts for you.
Workout A
Squat
Bench press
Barbell Row

Workout B
Squat
Overhead Press
Deadlift

Thats it. Thats all you do. But if you follow the directions at Stronglifts.com you will add mass, you cant help it.

Eating.
FORCE FEED!
And I can tell you from experience its not fun to try eat when you fill full. You asked about Weight Gainers, YES but also do Protein Shakes too.
Cardio at your size only needs to be minimal. If you overdo you cardio you will not gain mass. Remember your bod is a furnace that has to constantly be fed. So if your doing a bunch of cardio either you gonna have to eat more, as in a lot more or you are not gonna get big. So nix the cardio for now. Plenty of time for that as you age.
You are at a place in your life where you can get away wight eating pretty much what ever you want and your still gonna look good. That cuz your workout, unlike most peeps your age that just sit on their asses all the time.

Go to the SL site and read up. Learn how to do the workouts and get BIG bro!
Enjoy.

Big Hoss
05-14-2014, 12:33 PM

Not to shabby!!!! lol!

zedhed
05-14-2014, 12:36 PM
6%? Holy crap bro. Ripped!

Big Hoss
05-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Ok luke this is from outside the box.
IMO you are doing way way way too much working out. At your age your body is literally burning. Burning everything you can possibly put in it and then wanting much much more. So for you young friend you need to think less is more as far as your workouts go, that is if you wanna add mass.
Also just a note here if your not using Creatine you need to.
Ok on to my opine of the workout that you should be doing to get the most bang for your buck.
Strong Lifts 5x5.
It goes like this.
3 days per week. Alternate from workout A to workout B every workout.
So on Mon WO A. Wed WO B. Fri WO A and continuing.
Here are the workouts for you.
Workout A
Squat
Bench press
Barbell Row

Workout B
Squat
Overhead Press
Deadlift

Thats it. Thats all you do. But if you follow the directions at Stronglifts.com you will add mass, you cant help it.

Eating.
FORCE FEED!
And I can tell you from experience its not fun to try eat when you fill full. You asked about Weight Gainers, YES but also do Protein Shakes too.
Cardio at your size only needs to be minimal. If you overdo you cardio you will not gain mass. Remember your bod is a furnace that has to constantly be fed. So if your doing a bunch of cardio either you gonna have to eat more, as in a lot more or you are not gonna get big. So nix the cardio for now. Plenty of time for that as you age.
You are at a place in your life where you can get away wight eating pretty much what ever you want and your still gonna look good. That cuz your workout, unlike most peeps your age that just sit on their asses all the time.

Go to the SL site and read up. Learn how to do the workouts and get BIG bro!
Enjoy.

^^^ Very, very true! I have a high metabolism and I'm very physically active, so it's always a struggle for me to put on that much needed mass.

zedhed
05-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Yep a lot of our younger peeps fail to realize that you MUST recover. They workout like mad but then fail to let their bods have enough recovery time to make the workouts worth while. And so many peeps are afraid to eat.
I remember when I was 17 or so. Never could get full, really never could.
Oh and luke dont be afraid to drink milk. The cheapest source of protein there is at least in this country.
Milk
eggs
Peanut butter or Almond butter natty of course.
All the meat of any kind that you can get down.
Cottage cheese
Nuts
Lots of green veggies
More meat. For some reason red meat seems to really make a difference. But all meat is good for mass.
At your age Pizza too!
PB&J sandwiches for snaks, 3 per day easy. Wheat, multi grain or rye bread, not white.

Big Hoss
05-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Yep a lot of our younger peeps fail to realize that you MUST recover. They workout like mad but then fail to let their bods have enough recovery time to make the workouts worth while. And so many peeps are afraid to eat.
I remember when I was 17 or so. Never could get full, really never could.
Oh and luke dont be afraid to drink milk. The cheapest source of protein there is at least in this country.
Milk
eggs
Peanut butter or Almond butter natty of course.
All the meat of any kind that you can get down.
Cottage cheese
Nuts
Lots of green veggies
More meat. For some reason red meat seems to really make a difference. But all meat is good for mass.
At your age Pizza too!
PB&J sandwiches for snaks, 3 per day easy. Wheat, multi grain or rye bread, not white.

Yeah... I was going to mention cheese. I supplement my protein during the day with chunks of reduced-fat cheddar cheese. I think each serving (chunk) contains 6 to 8 grams of protein. He could also eat some good low-fat / low-sugar high protein bars too. There's a great selection of them out there right now.

zedhed
05-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Gr8 call bro on the bars.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Ironguruera
05-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah when I was 18-19 I was training 5 days a week. My diet could have been improved no doubt but it wasn't until I switched to a 3 day a week simpler program that I put on 17 lbs in 3 months....NATTY!! All I changed was that variable. Training days per week and simpler mass moves with a few ISO moves.

Big Hoss
05-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Luke, I'm not sure if you like seafood or not, but steamed tilapia, salmon, white fish have a ton of protein in them. My wife prepared me some steamed tilapia fillets and they each had 25 - 30g of protein, and you could easily chow down at least three fillets because they are so light. Salmon on the other hand is a little more dense. Food for thought brother!

red crayon
05-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Some people dont know how to do the exercises when they first start out. A good place to go and see how to do almost any exercise is exrx.net The other info that the members on here have told you about is right. We have a very knowledgeable crew here. I wish I could add some info that they didnt tell you about but the web site "exrx.net" is all I have. Good Luck!

zedhed
05-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah I like them better then YT too. On YT a lot of peeps doing the wrong shit.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

zedhed
06-17-2014, 11:32 PM
So Luke update plz bro.:cool: