PDA

View Full Version : Holy hell this thing is quick

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 02:16 PM
So father inlaw started trt a few weeks ago at age 62 now he brought this home Friday. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/4uru8u7y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/amyba6uj.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/uga2u4uj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Amg are usually pretty fucking fast!
My buddy just sold his mustang for a E55 AMG stg 3 580 hp and 640ft lbs stock motor and trans are apparently good to 950 hp!! Thing is a fucking land missle! Runs 11.5 and looks stock lmao.

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm afraid to ask how much it was I know when I walked past it the other day the sticker said $240k.

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
My neighbor has one. He owns matrix auto I want to say 160 is what he told me it's not a 2014 though... Thing is bad all blacked out though hopefully u get to drive that beast every now and then

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 06:56 PM
He said $199k because he gets employee pricing lol. We are about to take it to pick up pizza.

SFDan
05-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Beautiful machine...

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 09:32 PM
About 140 my father inlaw started panicking lol. I don't care for the paddle shifters they don't respond fast enough.

Vicious 13
05-11-2014, 09:41 PM
They don't respond and they will shift auto at a certain rpm anyways

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 10:28 PM
About 140 my father inlaw started panicking lol. I don't care for the paddle shifters they don't respond fast enough.

Pussy! I did 150+ in a shitty short wheel base Vw. I started getting a vibration at 155 or something and realized I should prob shut er down! Lmao....

There's a few sick paddle shifters cars that shift far far faster then a stick shift can. VW/audi's DSG and BMW's DCT are very very fast! They say the Porsches is nice but I haven't driven that one myself. Not sure what Mercedes/amg has that's on par if anything.

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 11:10 PM
They don't respond and they will shift auto at a certain rpm anyways

Not when it's set to manual it just bounced off the rev limiter till it finally shifted.

Layddually2
05-11-2014, 11:16 PM
In sport+ mode the auto shift good and it's quick as fuck to 60 because the traction control. But my old ass tsi would have walked off. It took a while to get to 140. Even if I had money to burn I wouldn't buy one.

Yea IG my father inlaw is a pussy when it comes to that shit. He asked me what would I have done if I got pulled over? I told him same thing I told people when I had a bike. I wouldn't have stopped!

Ironguruera
05-11-2014, 11:29 PM
In sport+ mode the auto shift good and it's quick as fuck to 60 because the traction control. But my old ass tsi would have walked off. It took a while to get to 140. Even if I had money to burn I wouldn't buy one.

Yea IG my father inlaw is a pussy when it comes to that shit. He asked me what would I have done if I got pulled over? I told him same thing I told people when I had a bike. I wouldn't have stopped!

I almost got pulled over at 135 before. I nearly laughed when he said "I don't know how fast u were going but I was doing over 110 and I kept pulling on me!!!" Luckily only got sighted for 85+.

Yeah my Vw will auto shift at redline in manual and sport mode. I rarely leave it in automatic. 6th gear at 30mph?? No thanks! Auto is just from traffic. I bought it for the paddles and the dsg trans. It's very fun in that mode. Has launch control too.

U need a bike to run from the cops. My buddy has done it a few times. He said the chopper can only do 150 and there are no fly zones cause the airport and he switches freeways there. Yes he's crazy....but he is amazing on anything with 2 wheels. He said if u can do 175 for any length of time....bye bye Johnny q law.

Vicious 13
05-12-2014, 08:49 AM
My first time being arrested was for felony evasion doing around 130 till i got home... My buddy just ran on his street bike the other day an r1 got going around 180 and the helicopter stayed right with him. They dispatched a motorcycle plain clothes cop on a r1 and he caught him no problem. Bikes gone they'll smash that and he'll do a couple months... It's weird manual lets u redline my wife's jeep srt is chipped to shift automatically so u can't blow it up... I can reprogram to take it off but she keeps it in manual all the time anyways I just mess around with it down shifting corners and stuff

Layddually2
05-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I prefer a dog box manual. My tsi dog box cost me $6k but well worth it. I use to run all the time on my bikes. At 180+ if u pop ur head up feels like your helmet is gonna rip off.

One trip I took on a cbr 929 I left Austin at 1am got to Knoxville at 10pm. Now you think that's not that fast but I had to re fuel every 120 miles and stopped in Jackson to get back tire changed. I was on my way there for the weekend to go ride us hwy 129. I wound up living in pigeon forge for 6 month.

Ironguruera
05-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Lol I knew u 2 would have some good stories !

Layddually2
05-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Lol I knew u 2 would have some good stories !

The tatt on the back of my neck is there as part of my history lol. That's one reason wife won't let me have a bike.

Ironguruera
05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
I have never gotten a bike for these reasons. I know myself. I will be dead or in jail in no time.

Layddually2
05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Almost hit a suburban head on at 180+ once that would have sucked. The road curved slightly and dropped at the same time I went from the white line across two lanes on the back wheel at 180+ I sat the front tire down on the yellow double line. Another foot over and me and the driver would have been killed and anyone in the seat behind him.

Ironguruera
05-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Almost hit a suburban head on at 180+ once that would have sucked. The road curved slightly and dropped at the same time I went from the white line across two lanes on the back wheel at 180+ I sat the front tire down on the yellow double line. Another foot over and me and the driver would have been killed and anyone in the seat behind him.

Yeah they just call for a hose down for that shit "red asphalt hose down".