PDA

View Full Version : Are you guilty???

MuscleAddiction
05-14-2014, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY

I do enjoy MC and some other forums along with some very dear friends I have made along the way, and would hope that one day we can meet face to face instead of screen to screen, so that we can put down these devices and look up from these screens and say "how are you my brother or sister" and give a hand shake or hug, share a laugh and a meal, or even a workout.

Much love and respect to my family here, but we still have to find that healthy balance and intelligence with this thing we call social media.

Orange24
05-14-2014, 10:44 PM
AGREE!!

baby1
05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
MOST EXCELLENT MA!!!!!! I personally am NOT a huge fan of all this technology..I have to say I am guilty at times with being on my computer at home though. I do not carry a cell phone around nor do I even care too. I dont watch TV and would not have a problem living without one, but at times I have become attached to being online. I do realize when I am spending to much time on my computer though, but most of my time is spent online, when I am alone at home. When I am at an event for my daughter, whether it be one of her games or performances, my eyes and ears are all on her. I was at an event last night in fact, and looked around to see many people typing away on their phones and that makes me nuts!!! Even at church I see people texting. I have come to really dislike technology sometimes, and I am a more old fashioned kind of person.

Thanks for posting this as it is a great eye opener to some, and I hope it does just that. Our children will be needeing glasses, have carpal tunnel and wont even know how to talk to one another, at a young age. WE as parents are the ones who can be in control of this and I will hold out as long as possible before my daughter gets a phone and she is not to take such electronic devices out of the house. I could go on and on,lol, but I will stop.

have an awesome day and remember to talk and listen to one another and learn to just appreciate the sights sounds etc that are all around us!
baby1

SFDan
05-15-2014, 11:13 AM
When are we going to get together MA? We've only been talking about it a year. Lol

I think, as with everything, it's a balancing act. If we didn't have the tech, we all wouldn't have what we have here at MC and still be flying blind. That's one upside. The thing that's makes me nuts is stuff like 20-30 emails within a group back and forth to arrange one dinner or a meeting and no one thinks to just pick up a damn phone. For some, if it can't be done online, they just give up. It's amazing what can happen when you actually talk to someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Big Hoss
05-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Very wise! :rolleyes:

MuscleAddiction
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
When are we going to get together MA? We've only been talking about it a year. Lol

I think, as with everything, it's a balancing act. If we didn't have the tech, we all wouldn't have what we have here at MC and still be flying blind. That's one upside. The thing that's makes me nuts is stuff like 20-30 emails within a group back and forth to arrange one dinner or a meeting and no one thinks to just pick up a damn phone. For some, if it can't be done online, they just give up. It's amazing what can happen when you actually talk to someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will text you today lol...how about this weekend?

Ironguruera
05-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes I'm very guilty.... It's a bad habit!

Lunchbox
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
My GF and I never take our phones in to a restaurant when we are having a meal together. It's amazing how many folks out there spend a meal looking at their phones rather than the person across from them.

That being said. I am also guilty of being tied to this phone way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicious 13
05-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm always on my phone it has pros and cons

xdude
05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
there will have to be a good gym near by...!

Lujannoe
05-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Well said brother! I have a damn good friend that I only knew from xbox live. Gamed with him for 5 yrs before I met him. But maybe we could all meet up at a show. I'd love to meet the beasts behind the screen names.

The Noe

Ironguruera
05-16-2014, 12:49 AM
I took the advise of this thread tonight. Was having dinner with my family at a friends house tonight with their family. I didn't touch my phone the entire time. It was very not being distracted by what a gf deemed "roid book" aka MC lol.

zedhed
05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
LAMO

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Ironguruera
05-16-2014, 09:08 PM
LAMO

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I thought that shit was hilarious. she was an adorable little nurse in training. She was intrigued with my lifestyle. She had some guy about half dead from slin in the ER. She wanted to know why a non diabetic would take insulin lol. She said "I knew u would know". I think that was the only time I kind of worried her.....she was none to pleased when I told her I started using slin. Silly women. Always worrying.

Roid book. That's a good name for a board lol.

MuscleAddiction
05-16-2014, 09:39 PM
We are not normal :D

Lujannoe
05-16-2014, 10:04 PM
We are not normal :D

Damn right.

The Noe

xdude
05-21-2014, 09:01 PM
I have a damn good friend that I only knew from xbox live. Gamed with him for 5 yrs before I met him.

I have a friend that did something similar.. except it didn't go as well... this guy I know played City of Heroes ( game is gone now) but he decided to meet with his group that he had been playing with for years . and they all flew except 2 of them ( that 's right flew) to I think it was Chicago..
he was mid 30's at the time.. there was I think 6 of them in ages between 14 and 65...and 2 gay guys ..
Well one of the gay guys was in full costume at the apple bee's ..he said he was a dead ringer for a character in the game.. as large breasted woman similar to Wonder Woman .. needless to say this did not go over big in Apple bee's . the other gay guy he said was real cool ... and there was another guy in costume however it was under his clothes.. ( ie he was ready to fight crime like superman or spiderman)

Ironguruera
05-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Moral of the sorry. Gamers are weirdos lol.

Raptor
06-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Moral of the sorry. Gamers are weirdos lol.

Im guilty as charged.... just heard there will be an anniversary Halo 2 release soon so I will be in full nerd status soon. ;)

Lunchbox
06-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Im guilty as charged.... just heard there will be an anniversary Halo 2 release soon so I will be in full nerd status soon. ;)

Gaming and pizza is what assisted in getting me to 400 pounds.

I don't game anymore... But still a need!

Raptor
06-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Im swapping out the Monster energy drinks for green tea and pure love of the game LB. My younger days would have included much less favorable pick me ups. Being a grown up is something new to me;)