PDA

View Full Version : BCAA needed?

Orange24
09-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Y'all use bcaa? What dose and when?

MuscleAddiction
09-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I dose Pre/Intra...in my water/Post, but also use a protein shake as I am heading to cardio. Helps with catabolism and they are the building block of protein!!!

Encino_Mang
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Have any BCAA powder recommendations?

Lunchbox
09-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I purchase mine from the same company I get my whey protein from.

http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1118-bcaas-branched-chain-amino-acids-instantized-500-grams.aspx

Orange24
09-01-2014, 07:11 PM
^^ ditto

Encino_Mang
09-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks!

Are they only required when dieting / cutting?

Lunchbox
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Thanks!

Are they only required when dieting / cutting?

I use it no matter what diet strategy I am on. From my understanding BCAA's are more used for the assistance in storage, building and repair of muscle tissue.

baby1
09-01-2014, 10:54 PM
FALLOUT from Mr Supps is EXCELLENT and has BCAAs plus many other important things. Comes in several flavors too!

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/167/Fallout+Candy+Apple/

This supplement has it all...you won't be sorry

What is in Fallout?

Muscle Recovery

Your muscles need specific ingredients in order to activate recovery and growth. Fallout uses a scientifically-proven blend of BCAA’s and glutamine to give you the best muscle recovery possible.

BCAA’s

As you train, you physically damage your muscles, causing your body the need to repair itself. The key to proper recovery is protein synthesis – your body uses amino acids (broken down from protein) to rebuild the damaged muscle.Although your body is able to break down amino acids from protein, supplementing extra branched chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) helps to act as a switch, informing your body to build muscle. Not only do these extra amino acids trigger recovery, but they also minimize the damage done to the muscle during intense exercise while maintaining the same level of muscle-building signals. If that weren’t enough, they are also an excellent source of energy for working muscles, allowing your body to work longer and harder.
Fallout uses the research-proven blend of 2:1:1 leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

Glutamine

Similar to branched chain amino acids, glutamine is an amino acid necessary for muscle repair. Glutamine acts as a nitrogen shuttle and provides fuel to many different cells in the body. It is a semi-essential amino acid, meaning that under normal conditions, your body is able to produce its own glutamine. However, in times of oxidative stress (such as a workout), the body is unable to produce enough glutamine to maintain nitrogen balance, causing muscle loss. Supplementation of glutamine has been proven to dramatically reduce muscle damage and improve recovery times in training athletes. It also has some very positive immune system, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties making it a staple in post-workout recovery.

Endurance

Performance is the name of the game. Fallout is designed to enhance your workout performance by providing energy to the muscle, delaying muscle fatigue, and maintaining electrolyte balance.

Beta-Alanine

During high-intensity exercise, the breakdown of ATP results in the creation of hydrogen ions (H+). As H+ accumulates, pH drops and the muscle becomes increasingly acidic. This acidic environment slows the anaerobic energy process and eventually causes the muscle to stop contracting. It is this acidity that is responsible for the muscle soreness that you feel after intense exercise. Beta-Alanine combats this process by boosting the synthesis of carnosine. Carnosine maintains stable pH by soaking up hydrogen ions and decreasing the acidity of the muscle. By acting as an intracellular buffer, carnosine allows muscles to forcibly contract for much longer periods of time. Beta-Alanine will permit your muscles to perform at optimal strength and endurance levels for longer periods.

Electrolytes

Electrolytes are the key to intracellular hydration. Water consumption typically provides extracellular hydration (outside the muscle) but electrolytes are necessary to draw water into the muscles. When cells absorb water and swell, the body is put into an anabolic state, promoting muscle gain and quick recovery. However, when intramuscular cells are dehydrated, the cells are in a catabolic state, causing a loss of muscle and inflammation.

All electrolytes work together to maintain fluid balance, particularly sodium, potassium, and chloride. Fallout contains an optimal balance of electrolytes to ensure proper muscular hydration and prevent cramping.

Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1994;69(3):209-15.
J Sports Sci. 1997 Jun;15(3):297-303.
J Sports Sci. 1991 Summer;9 Spec No:117-42.
J Athl Train. 2005 Jun;40(2):71-75.

MCT’s & Coconut Powder

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT’s) are fats that are very different from the Long Chain Triglycerides found in most fatty foods. Long-chain triglycerides must be digested with enzymes from the liver while medium chain triglycerides are passively absorbed by the intestinal tract into the bloodstream. This quick digestion makes them available to the body as a source of rapid energy similar to a carbohydrate. Consumption of MCT’s has also been shown to increase the rate of fat oxidation and diminish fat storage.

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003 Dec;27(12):1565-71.
J Nutr. 2002 Mar;132(3):329-32.
Institute of Physiology and Biochemistry of Nutrition, Federal Research Centre of Nutrition and Food, Hermann Weigmann Str. 1,
Life Sci. 1998;62(14):1203-15.

Joint & Connective Tissue Recovery

Muscle cells are surrounded and encased in a labyrinth of tissue that responds and recovers very differently than muscles. We couldn’t call Fallout a complete recovery formula unless we included ingredients to recover and repair joints and connective tissue. This is why we added a blend of ingredients scientifically proven to strengthen your tissues and joints that get beat down every time you work out.

Glucosamine & Chondroitin

Much like BCAA’s are the building blocks of muscle, glucosamine is an amino sugar that the body uses to build cartilage. Chondroitin is a complex carbohydrate that helps cartilage retain water. Both are produced naturally by the body but in times of stress, the body is unable to produce enough to meet the demand. Supplementing glucosamine and chondroitin is effective not only at healing cartilage, but also in keeping joints and tissues healthy, preventing injury in the first place.

MSM

Connective tissue is held in place primarily by sulfur bonds. MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, strengthens tissue bonds by delivering sulfur to the body in a useable way. It has a synergistic effect along with glucosamine and chondroitin to maintain tissue and strengthen joint structure.

Antioxidants/Anti-Inflammatory

Studies have shown that athletes produce more free radicals than the untrained individual, especially in the endurance athlete.

Ironguruera
09-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Have any BCAA powder recommendations?

I prefer micronized bcaa powders as they are finer and mix much better.
Bcaa power doesn't taste great so u want a flavored protein powder to mask it. I use a fruit punch protein and fruit punch Karbolyn supp.

I take 5-10gram pre and post workout. 30min-1hr pre and same post. I do the 10grams when I use slin post workout.

U can buy them encapsulated but it gets expensive. The powder is far cheaper and u can take tons lol.

baby1
09-02-2014, 09:31 AM
MR Supps has bulk powder BCAA also

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/61/BCAA+%28400g%29/

Premium Powders Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA). This product is NOT flavored; check out our Extreme Flavors to flavor this product as YOU see fit! If you purchase a non-flavored Premium Powders bulk powder you can add an Extreme Flavor Mix for only $5.00. Choose from Grape, Limeade, Fruit Punch, or Watermelon.
• HPLC Tested for potency and purity
• 5g scoop included, no guess work on amount being used
• Instantized for superb flow and easy mixing
• No fillers, No Flavors
• Use any Extreme Premium Powders Flavors to make it exceptionally easy to drink

Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine are the three Branched-Chain Amino Acids. They are among nine essential amino acids. They account for 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle proteins and up to 40% of the preformed amino acids required by mammals. BCAAs play an important role in the production of proteins in cells from amino acids to build muscle. BCAAs may cause your brain to send signals that decrease food intake and increase basic metabolic rates. BCAAs may increase muscle repair reducing recovery time, but users should be aware that they may also decrease ones appetite.

smoovy
09-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Optimum Nutrition has a product called Amino Energy, its basically aminos an caffeine, so its a nice little 2 in 1 if you like pre-workouts. Plus its nice because it doesn't have all that other crap that pre-workouts normally have. It's just green tea extract and green coffee extract.

My energy in the gym and the rest of the day after I'm done with the gym is increased when I'm taking aminos, if I don't take aminos I feel way depleted for the rest of the day after my workout.

Ironguruera
09-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Optimum Nutrition has a product called Amino Energy, its basically aminos an caffeine, so its a nice little 2 in 1 if you like pre-workouts. Plus its nice because it doesn't have all that other crap that pre-workouts normally have. It's just green tea extract and green coffee extract.

My energy in the gym and the rest of the day after I'm done with the gym is increased when I'm taking aminos, if I don't take aminos I feel way depleted for the rest of the day after my workout.

It's a good product just wish they put way more bcaa in it.

Exerciseordie
09-04-2014, 12:03 AM
I use BCAAs pre and intra. I'm a big fan of BCAAs. May have to try Mr supps at some point I just get such a good deal on the ones I take!

Ironguruera
09-04-2014, 12:07 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/04/udepasa5.jpg

Here is what I've been using a while now. It's micronized. 5 grams of bcaa per serving. 80 servings for $20

I feel it pretty fast when I take it. My body temp goes way up under 30 minutes after I take it. I've tried other quality bcaa and get this same rush off the good ones.

smoovy
09-04-2014, 02:45 AM
It's a good product just wish they put way more bcaa in it.

It's 5grams per serving. But I also take their Superior 2222 Amino tabs post workout and on off days. The tabs are a really great price.

Young Gotti
09-04-2014, 01:24 PM
bcaa's or similar products have become a staple of mine for awhile now, i usually take them pre and intra workout...i take them regardless of goals because besides the benefits in muscle gains i notice a nice endurance aspect of drinking them intra

currently i used compete at my intra supplement but add in recoverpro from aisports which is 4:1:1

i also have mrsupps bulk bcaa's powder to add in the mix and i'm excited to try https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/61/BCAA+%28400g%29/ since it has a few extra goodies in it which help intraworkout

Exerciseordie
09-04-2014, 02:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/04/udepasa5.jpg

Here is what I've been using a while now. It's micronized. 5 grams of bcaa per serving. 80 servings for $20

I feel it pretty fast when I take it. My body temp goes way up under 30 minutes after I take it. I've tried other quality bcaa and get this same rush off the good ones.

I do like allmax products but I am not a fan of them as a company. From what I understand they have stepped on some smaller companies to get bigger. Obviously its just business but I am not a fan of doing business that way. Dymatize has a sick intra workout

Big Hoss
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
5 - 10 grams before workout in H2O. I have recently switched over to BulkSupplements brand bought thru Amazon.

midwestbeast
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I remember when I first used BCAAs...in capsule format lol.

I've been lazy with regular usage, lately. I have powders in bulk form and products that are flavored, as well as Power Chews BCAAs that are nice for on the go (I keep some in my office at work for mid-morning, too).

Lately, I'll just do them as needed between meals or in the morning. Intra-workout I've used Compete ever since it was brought out and I love that. Used to dose just BCAAs intra, but I prefer this.

Plenty of good options and BCAAs are definitely something I like to utilize even more during times of calorie restriction.