PDA

View Full Version : b12 injections an others recalled..important

baby1
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
My Mom has been very sick since she ha a b12 shot 5 weeks ago. She just got out of the hospital after a few ays but still no definite findings. She happened to have a b12 injection that was one of these recalled. We are looking into this as the cause but no definitive answers yet. I wanted to share this in case anyone else had any recent supps/injections made by this lab.

Sunshine Labs injectable vitamin supplements recalled

Health care professionals are being advised not to use injectable vitamin drug products distributed by Medical Supply Liquidators LLC with “Sunshine Labs” on the label because the products are not FDA-approved and their safety, effectiveness and quality cannot be assured, the Food and Drug Administration said in a Drug Safety Communication.
The vitamins are manufactured by Compound Brothers Dominicana (also known as CB Inc.) in the Dominican Republic. They area sold as prescription injectable nutritional supplements. A Class 1 recall has been initiated on all non-expired products from Compound Brothers Inc. and labeled as Sunshine Labs. Products affected by the recall include:

* Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin with MIC Injection
* Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine HL
* Vitamin B12 Cyanocobalamin
* BCAA 4% Branched Chain Amino Acid
* MIC Injections
* Super MIC B Complex for L-Carnitine
* B-Complex for Injection with MIC Injection
* Lipo 8 Injection
* G.A. C.
* L-Carnitine Injection
* Gluthathione Injection

Vitamin injections are often used in weight loss and wellness clinics and are touted as supplements to increase energy levels, aid with workout recovery, burn off fat and improve metabolism.
Medical experts advise that injections of vitamin supplements should only be used to treat people with vitamin deficiencies. Misuse of vitamin supplements can cause serious side effects. For example, Vitamin B12 has been linked to blood clots and cardiovascular problems.

baby1
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I will be making a few phone calls today to find more out on this.