PDA

View Full Version : bulking/recomp after a long layoff

newNimproved
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
im slowly getting better and better food in me on limited resources, but its still not considered "clean". i dont mind having a bit of bodyfat, i know whats around the corner for me once im in school again, ill have the resources to eat what i want when i want........and workout when i want.

i dont eat at fast food much, if i do, its maybe once every 2 weeks for a treat. i try to eat all homecooked meals and only liquids i drink is milk, water, coffee(no sugar) and occasionally some gatorade when its really hot and im dehydrated.

if i eat homecooked meals and im about 15%, can i get a bit leaner if i just increase the cardio i do before making my diet a lot cleaner.

Fit Guru
07-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes! Start at 30 min 4 days a week. Then that gives you room to add more without killing you since your goals aren't too drastic.

deathdodger
07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Increasing your cardio is fine. Look for ways you can adjust your diet without it bothering you.

newNimproved
07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice. yeah right now im trying to make slow and gradual improvements. im in school for business management and minor in kines. i hope to be a strength coach one day.

back on topic........right now i eat raisin bran for breakfast with fruit cut up in it. then have a sandwich or breakfast burrito for lunch, usually with fruit and milk. for a snack i usually eat an apple or something low glycemic. for dinner i eat lean meat with salad or veggies, usually fruit for desert.

my cardio right now is about 45 minutes 4-5 times a week. i was doing 6 days but i wasnt getting anywhere with the added cortisol from over doing it. now i split up my workouts and never do cardio within 8 hours of weights........if i do its after a circuit train.

Fit Guru
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
If your trying to build muscle then your diet revolves around way too much fruit. A little is ok( sometimes) but you need way more meat. Protein builds muscle!!

newNimproved
07-26-2012, 06:39 PM
If your trying to build muscle then your diet revolves around way too much fruit. A little is ok( sometimes) but you need way more meat. Protein builds muscle!!

sorta hard when ur broke dude

rss
07-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Great advice guys. Thanks. Sweets are like my kryptonite...

newNimproved
07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Great advice guys. Thanks. Sweets are like my kryptonite...

agreed.........i try to eat apples and plums

Fit Guru
07-27-2012, 12:49 AM
No it's not Dude!! I train plenty of broke college kids.a can of tuna is cheap as fruit.

newNimproved
07-27-2012, 12:52 AM
No it's not Dude!! I train plenty of broke college kids.a can of tuna is cheap as fruit.

i already have that man.......but thank you