PDA

View Full Version : Wheat Belly

xdude
01-16-2015, 05:18 PM
watch the pbs program on this that was running during the fund drive...
I think the Dr. raises some interesting points ..
I do always think I loose more faster if I give up Grains .
and I do think his arguement that Wheat is something that humans have not had time to evolve to in the time we learned to grow it ...never mind the things GMO have done to it .. we are just not cows...

It is obvious why it would be on PBS and no where else , after all when is the last time you watch a 1/2 hour of comercial tv and not seen a grain product ad..

So no grains derived from grass families ... rice,corn,oats and especially wheat
also avoid gmo's like soybean etc...

he also is argueing that escentially every one is glutin intoleranate it is just a matter or degrees...

The Doctor was an interventalist cardiologist . ( cathers and stints)

it is a good watch IMHO

tried some "no wheat" high protien buckwheat pancakes this morning and have not had any grains for a week..
feel a pretty good now , and I was a little surprise to have withdrawal headaches

baby1
01-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I read that book about a year ago, very interesting

Ironguruera
01-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Interesting for sure! I eat it and have always wondered if cutting it out would really do much for me. I just truly enjoy bread, bagels, pita bread, pizza etc.

Orange24
01-16-2015, 11:43 PM
I avoid it at all costs

bonis90
01-17-2015, 05:32 PM
I avoid it at all costs

I saw that ... I have to admit... there was some logic there...Humans have been eating grains ( grass) for only 10000 years...that is just not enough time to evolve..

However I too really like bagels.. I don't know if I could live with out them ... portable fat free and so good with natural peanut butter

Young Gotti
01-23-2015, 11:33 AM
everyone loves their grains....but i'm also dealing with stomach discomfort a lot lately when eating high gluten type foods, read an article yesterday that talked about sympotons not being from gluten but from fodmaps, wasn't even sure what that was but overall humans eating grains isn't the optimal thing to eat for humans

i'm realistic in that i probably won't ever give up grains completely, but limiting them as much as possible is a good idea

xdude
01-26-2015, 09:02 PM
I gave up grains for a few days to see what would happen..
I was surprised at the headache that occured ..
of course you can get a serious headache from just givining up carbs.. or caffine...
I have to admit my digestive track seems to have improved..

kazman68
03-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Think back to the 'food pyramid' they wanted you to eat loads of grains, I knew it was total BS back then but when I said so people looked at me like I was crazy. It was done on purpose to fatten and increase diabetes along with other health issues among the population.

Ironguruera
03-18-2015, 07:52 PM
I love my deli fresh onion bagels and pita bread and they love me back damn it!! Lol.

Encino_Mang
03-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm a nice loaf
And a 3 pound tube of liverwurst in a caulking gun...........

Squirt that crap out on the bread like cheeze whiz!

Nbencze
03-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Just ordered 2lbs of buckwheat. Amazon prime is my best friend :)

xdude
03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Just ordered 2lbs of buckwheat. Amazon prime is my best friend :)

actually my local store has that .. and amond meal
and whole section of the bob red's stuff

ever look at the label for buckwheat pancakes mix.. first ingridient wheat glutin... not even wheat flour..right to glutin
I have a pretty good no grain ,high protien buckwheat pancakes recipe
the blender is your friend

Nbencze
03-18-2015, 10:04 PM
That brand is super expensive. I got 2lbs for 11.00

xdude
03-18-2015, 10:12 PM
reds is $4 for 22 oz at my store
let me check amazon... hmmm $16 for 4 22 ounce packs

Nbencze
03-19-2015, 06:28 AM
What. Let me send mine back lol

Nbencze
03-19-2015, 06:45 AM
That's a good deal. I think tat was the flour though. It was 18.00 for 4x16 oz packs of the groats(prime). Still a better deal than what I got. I'll try reds next time for sure. Do you have any recipes for groats? I've never cooked with them before. Thanks brother:)

xdude
03-20-2015, 12:54 PM
groats just needs to be ground up for flour, you can use a food processor or coffee grinder

Never had them like that ...but I assume you could use them like barley or cracked wheat ..
then again, I understand a groat is part of the flower

Also I picked up some Red's buck wheat flour at the store yesterday it was only $3 for 22 ounces ..

Nbencze
03-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Nice..I found a raw portage recipe online with ground groats, chia seeds,buberries, and honey. Sounded pretty good, and simple.

Nbencze
03-20-2015, 03:26 PM
http://http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/buckwheat-and-blueberry-porridge/

Nbencze
03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Take out the honey, add some Greek yogurt or protein powder and your golden. I'll be making this Sunday.

Benchman600
03-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm a nice loaf
And a 3 pound tube of liverwurst in a caulking gun...........

Squirt that crap out on the bread like cheeze whiz!

LOL my dad loved that stuff I never could acquire the taste.