PDA

View Full Version : Certified personal trainer?

Ebo10
03-05-2015, 04:18 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, I figure this as good a spot as any?
I am looking at making a career change into the fitness industry. I have been researching different CPT programs like ACE fitness, NASM etc. does anybody have any experience with these programs or know what is best, what is better bang for buck and what can take me further? One over other ? Or does it even matter? I hear they are both great. Thanks for reading and thanks for any input
Ebo

Ironguruera
03-06-2015, 03:04 AM
Ok not to be Debbie downer or negative nancy......just thought I'd share some info. I've wanted to train a few times but never did because.....

I have 3 friends that all have done personal training at golds and other gyms. They are in amazing shape. The female went pro last yr.

The problem is ppl are fucking lazy! It's hard to make someone show up and train. They have to have the drive to show up and get after it!
That's the hardest part....and the average person doesn't have the drive we all do!

All 3 of them no longer train ppl and said it a tough way to make a living.
If u can get enough reliable clients it's nice gig but it's not easy to do.

Not sure if it's changed since golds is now EOS but golds changed their policy. If a client didn't show golds would bill the client but not kick down to the trainer. They only got paid if the ppl show!

Just food for thought brother! Trust me I know on paper it sounds cool. "Help
Ppl get in shape and reach their goals!"

Whatever u decide. Best of luck.

Ebo10
03-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Ok not to be Debbie downer or negative nancy......just thought I'd share some info. I've wanted to train a few times but never did because.....

I have 3 friends that all have done personal training at golds and other gyms. They are in amazing shape. The female went pro last yr.
The problem is ppl are fucking lazy! It's hard to make someone show up and train. They have to have the drive to show up and get after it!
That's the hardest part....and the average person doesn't have the drive we all do!

All 3 of them no longer train ppl and said it a tough way to make a living.
If u can get enough reliable clients it's nice gig but it's not easy to do.

Not sure if it's changed since golds is now EOS but golds changed their policy. If a client didn't show golds would bill the client but not kick down to the trainer. They only got paid if the ppl show!

Just food for thought brother! Trust me I know on paper it sounds cool. "Help
Ppl get in shape and reach their goals!"

Whatever u decide. Best of luck.
I hear you. I'm thinking about specializing in senior training actually. My grandpa is 90yrs old and goes to the gym. It has helped him a few times outside the gym. His core strength and balance from going to gym has saved him from bad falls after tripping a few times recently. When older people like that fall they usually break something and it is a long healing process at that age. I want to help keep seniors off the floor! Sounds kinda funny but it is a serious reality at elevated ages.

Big Hoss
03-06-2015, 12:20 PM
The Cooper Institute in Dallas, TX has a good program. Dr. Kenneth Cooper is considered the "Father of Aerobics".

Ebo10
03-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Why do I keep trying to "like" people's posts ? I know it's not facebook but every time I'm searching for the like button!

Big Hoss
03-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Lol! That's because we all give good posts and we're all likeable!!! lol! :D

Ironguruera
03-06-2015, 07:52 PM
I hear you. I'm thinking about specializing in senior training actually. My grandpa is 90yrs old and goes to the gym. It has helped him a few times outside the gym. His core strength and balance from going to gym has saved him from bad falls after tripping a few times recently. When older people like that fall they usually break something and it is a long healing process at that age. I want to help keep seniors off the floor! Sounds kinda funny but it is a serious reality at elevated ages.

That's awesome bro! U should look into occlusion training. It's great for seniors as u use extremely light weights yet yield results! Also good for rehab work for the same reasons.