PDA

View Full Version : Rayca's Turkey Burgers

Rayca
07-13-2012, 02:24 PM
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/3 to 1/2c. Applesauce
1/2T Poultry Seasoning

Place ground turkey in bowl w/applesauce and seasoning. Use your hands to get in there and mix together. (Wash your hands first, peeps. Just kidding…LOL)
Form 4 (3 for you big guys) burgers and sautee in pan. Use Pam Spray or better yet some coconut oil.

The applesauce will keep the turkey moist, as turkey has a tendency to dry out pretty quickly when cooked because of the lack of fat.

Top w/cheese, onion, tomato, condiments and burger bun (or not if low carbing). Bake some sweet potato fries for a side. Thick slice up some peeled yams. Place 2t. oil in your hands and rub over the potato wedges and top w/sea salt. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 for ½ hr? You’ll need to cook to knife tender. Or, try some of my Easy Peasy Potato Salad w/this. Yum.

Enjoy!

knights
07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Rayca......ummm, would you please come live with me and make my meals for me everyday? I'm eating 7 times a day. I will be forever greatful ;-)

Rayca
07-13-2012, 02:36 PM
HA, ha! A weightlifting mobile chef. New job opportunity?? Get yourself some kitchen "gear", pick a rainy, stormy day and try some of these out. I'm trying to think of my easy-peasy recipes that anyone can learn to do. Cooking is basic necessity and it's not hard. Enjoy.

knights
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I find that this is the area where I lack the most....I always find the time to hit the weights no matter where I'm at.....but trying to think of and coming up with 5-7 meals a day.....gives me a headache ;-)

Rayca
07-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Just do your 3 meals and cut them into 6. That's what I used to do when I did 6 meals. So, you do your breakfast: oats, banana, whatever. That's pretty easy for folks. Then you just do dinner food for the rest and divide it by 4, 5 or whatever and put in microwave containers and nuke at work and at home. You do this ahead of time at nite. Otherwise, you're basically "snacking" in between meals and meals is what you probably want to do everytime you eat. Also I feel you need to like to eat the same few foods over and over again, if you're gonna do 6 meals stuff. Otherwise you'll be so confused as to what to have each day. It makes you mental. So pick your favorite food items. Make a list and learn to use those same foods over and over again in the same meals. For example, interchange sweet potatoes and rice or quinoa. Interchange vegs. and interchange your protein: chicken, fish, whatever. As long as you've got your basic foods that you like, just keep mixing them in different meals. It's just the only way. Then, when you have time, start experiementing w/different recipes (mine!) and incorporate them into your diet slowly. Keep a recipe log and flip through it each week and choose only one to add to keep it fresh and simple. I hope this helps.

exphys88
07-13-2012, 04:53 PM
thanks for this rayca!

Mattingly
07-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Great tip with the applesauce. I will have to try that. Thanks Rayca!