PDA

View Full Version : Deads

xctrail
07-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Does anyone else have issues with a painful hip during or after dead lifts? I've tried a narrower stance and a wider stance. I've tried pointing my toes in a different direction but I still have pain in my left hip. :mad: Any suggestions fellas and ladies?

Manny1983
07-14-2012, 01:55 AM
I get pain in my hip when I go heavy on squats and don't pay attention not to bring my knees in when I'm doing them if that makes sense. Like when I'm doing squats I have a habit of bringing my knees towards each other unless I pay full attention not to.

Do you do the same thing maybe?

Bruiser
07-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Does anyone else have issues with a painful hip during or after dead lifts? I've tried a narrower stance and a wider stance. I've tried pointing my toes in a different direction but I still have pain in my left hip. :mad: Any suggestions fellas and ladies?

Are you warming up good before hand and stretching afterwards? The hip is the largest joint and takes a lot to get loosened up.

xctrail
07-14-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm fine with squats...Now that you mention it Bruiser I might not be warming up enough. I do deads on back day so i guess i'm not nearly as warmed up as I would be on leg day. Problem solved I hope! Thanks!

Bruiser
07-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm fine with squats...Now that you mention it Bruiser I might not be warming up enough. I do deads on back day so i guess i'm not nearly as warmed up as I would be on leg day. Problem solved I hope! Thanks!

I find deads are tougher on my hips than squats are. I'll do squats with just the bar to warm up before deads. Also a lot of stretching.

OldGoat
07-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes, you need to warm the hips up, leg swings both front and back, and side to side. You should warm up like you do your leg day as well. And if you have not found the benefits of the foam roller, you need to add that as well. I take 10-15 minutes to warm up. If you dont have that much time, get on a seated bike and go for 5 minutes low pace!

SPECIALFORCE
07-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Yoga might be something to look into.