PDA

View Full Version : Justin Harris Talks Amino Acids & Red Meats

baby1
05-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Chicken breast — a bodybuilder's best friend and nightmare, all in one. The attention to ultra-lean and nearly fat-free meats such as chicken breasts and different species of fish has left red meat as more of an afterthought than anything for dieting bodybuilders. Maybe it's time to rethink this.
According to Justin Harris, there are some forgotten benefits of red meat, the most overlooked of which being the unmatched amino acid profile and the high levels of iron. If you can overcome the financial cost of lean cuts of red meat, Harris believes it is the ideal protein source.
In this video, Harris discusses his personal preferences for protein choices and how to make the most of your meat selection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RwN45KNmD8

NTL
05-26-2015, 01:01 PM
I eat lots of red meat especially during the warmer months. I just stocked up on red meat. I put half a cow in the freezer . Going to grill some steaks for dinner.

Ironguruera
05-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I eat steak almost daily. If I could afford all I would eat would be bison, elk, filet of beef

baby1
05-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Had some grassfed beef burgers I made the other night..they were awesome. Only grassfed for me know

BigBones
05-26-2015, 09:47 PM
I try to take in 1 meal minimum of red meat a day. My favorite is steak in an omelet. :-)

baby1
05-27-2015, 07:24 AM
I NEED the iron as most women do