PDA

View Full Version : Eggs - recommend going local

SlevinsBrother
05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
http://www.cornucopia.org/organic-egg-scorecard/

Local eggs, I've recently found, taste noticeably (incredibly) better than store bought eggs. Organic is best, and you aren't going to pay more than 70 cents an egg for local organic so don't think you can't afford them.

Sent from a secure app I developed just for MC, PM for details.

baby1
05-31-2015, 06:36 PM
they are definitely better. I always buy organic eggs and can't wait till the Farmers market opens here

Ebo10
05-31-2015, 10:12 PM
Yep I get them from my brother, his chickens make more than his family can keep up with so I get a dozen every couple days but I also buy egg whites by the carton cuz I don't like separating that stuff lol so I'm eating like a cup of egg whites mixed with 3 farm eggs with oats every morning!

SlevinsBrother
06-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Another thing (and I hope IG reads this) is that I've found I hate eggs unless they are cooked sunny side up. Break the yolk once cooked and the flavor is much better. Like night and day.

BigBones
06-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Another thing (and I hope IG reads this) is that I've found I hate eggs unless they are cooked sunny side up. Break the yolk once cooked and the flavor is much better. Like night and day.

Yolks are the best part. How much omegas in the eggs you get? I hunt for really high ones for specific reason s.

Ironguruera
06-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Yolks are the best part. How much omegas in the eggs you get? I hunt for really high ones for specific reason s.

I just feed the fuckers ground flax!

U can also feed em spicy ass peppers to color and add spice to the eggs 😉

TITAN-280
06-08-2015, 07:33 AM
If you guys haven't heard there's another bullshit virus that's contaminated millions of hens and eggs thanks to our government. Last week they destroyed OVER 40 Million hens to try and contain the virus and egg contamination. Egg prices are expected to possibly even DOUBLE over current prices for up to the next 18 months. I buy eggs wholesale and this was told to me by 2 of my salesmen. Saw the virus thing on the news and my salemen confirmed it this past week also.

BigBones
06-08-2015, 08:02 AM
Shit, I need me some hand and feed them with all sorts of omega rich chow. Need to get the wife on board.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
06-08-2015, 05:08 PM
That it putting the dog on egg guard!! Lol
My chickens drop about 8 eggs a day or so depending on weather.

U know I tried an egg sunny side up on a bagel last night. Was pretty Damn good! Odd how our taste buds change as we age!

Ironguruera
06-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Shit, I need me some hand and feed them with all sorts of omega rich chow. Need to get the wife on board.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My wife wanted them. I set up the water feeder for them to run off my home drip system. Their water auto fills twice daily.

All we have to do is feed em twice daily.

I put solar shades and misters up for them and we let them run around the yard often.

Easier to tend to then dogs.

Big Hoss
06-12-2015, 05:00 PM
If you guys haven't heard there's another bullshit virus that's contaminated millions of hens and eggs thanks to our government. Last week they destroyed OVER 40 Million hens to try and contain the virus and egg contamination. Egg prices are expected to possibly even DOUBLE over current prices for up to the next 18 months. I buy eggs wholesale and this was told to me by 2 of my salesmen. Saw the virus thing on the news and my salemen confirmed it this past week also.

Yep... saw it too on the news. It's a strain of the Bird/Avian Flu. Some chain restaurants that serve breakfast are starting to ration serving eggs.

Ironguruera
06-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Yep... saw it too on the news. It's a strain of the Bird/Avian Flu. Some chain restaurants that serve breakfast are starting to ration serving eggs.

I told my chickens to not go whoring around and get chicken aids

BigBones
06-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Lol. Tell em to keep it in the family.

kazman68
06-29-2015, 06:35 PM

Doubt it was accidental in any way, take a good look at everything that's going on, none if it is by accident.

Ironguruera
06-30-2015, 01:02 AM
Doubt it was accidental in any way, take a good look at everything that's going on, none if it is by accident.

Good point kaz! I have the misters on for our chickens. It's hot out there!