PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Vitamins

squatpresspull
08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
I tried a search and didn't find (I might have searched wrong) anything really related to what would be the best multi-vitamin supplement to take with test. As you all know, I'm on 200mg cyp once ever week and I'm looking for a multi that would be a good combo with it. I saw several posts with buying this vitamin and this one and this etc.... I'm too lazy for that. haha

What do you all recommend?

EDIT: After I submitted this, "Similar Threads" had this:

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showthread.php?445-What-s-your-favorite-multi-vitamin

Ironguruera
08-31-2015, 09:47 PM
I haven't taken one in ages but I liked garden of Eden raw code for men. About the only thing work a fuck at gnc is their mega man multi vits are a good one.

squatpresspull
08-31-2015, 09:51 PM
I haven't taken one in ages but I liked garden of Eden raw code for men. About the only thing work a fuck at gnc is their mega man multi vits are a good one.

I'm good with ordering online or anything else that might be something better. I'll check the Mega Man out.

JRam
08-31-2015, 09:52 PM
Pretty much every study out there says that multi-vitamins are a complete waste of money. Why do u feel u need this? Save your money for stuff that actually makes a difference like hormones.

Ebo10
08-31-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm cheap so I go to costco and buy in bulk real cheap. One purchase lasts the entire year. I figure it's better to be taking some kind of multi rather than none. Plus I take a lot of fish oil glucosamine chondrointant vitamin C , B vitamin plus all the stuff that is in my protein drinks and fruit and veggie shakes lol yeah it gets crazy in my house when I leave all this shit laying on the counter and not tucked away like the wife likes it lol I better go clean up actually.. Hah.

squatpresspull
08-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Pretty much every study out there says that multi-vitamins are a complete waste of money. Why do u feel u need this? Save your money for stuff that actually makes a difference like hormones.

I've read that too.

I just figured I (currently) am not eating quite properly yet, so I figured I'd supp with a good multi.

Ebo10
08-31-2015, 09:59 PM
I've always been a big believer in vitamins and minerals. I'm sure there are brands of multi that are a waste but how can having these nutrients in your body that the body needs to function at it's full potential be a waste? I've never seen a study that says vitamins aren't beneficial. Are these studies you speak of real or bro science? Or am I the dumbass? Lol

JRam
08-31-2015, 10:03 PM
I've always been a big believer in vitamins and minerals. I'm sure there are brands of multi that are a waste but how can having these nutrients in your body that the body needs to function at it's full potential be a waste? I've never seen a study that says vitamins aren't beneficial. Are these studies you speak of real or bro science? Or am I the dumbass? Lol

The studies cited in this article actually found that excessive multi-vitamins can increase your risk of cancer, heart disease and shorten your life span.

Don’t Take Your Vitamins http://nyti.ms/17xILfc

MuscleAddiction
08-31-2015, 10:12 PM
The studies cited in this article actually found that excessive multi-vitamins can increase your risk of cancer, heart disease and shorten your life span.

Don’t Take Your Vitamins http://nyti.ms/17xILfc

Come on now...an article in the NY Times saying vitamins are useless and increase risk of cancer heart disease, and shorten our life span lol, ok well so can western civilization diet, BIG Pharma, GMO's, and anything that is in competition with the billion dollar pharma industry.

Ebo10
08-31-2015, 10:22 PM
Come on now...an article in the NY Times saying vitamins are useless and increase risk of cancer heart disease, and shorten our life span lol, ok well so can western civilization diet, BIG Pharma, GMO's, and anything that is in competition with the billion dollar pharma industry.
Amen took the thought right from my head, but you said it way better!

JRam
08-31-2015, 10:32 PM

Are you arguing with the studies cited? It's not just a NYT writer offering opinions based on his own personal opinion. Take it for what it is worth.

I don't have much use for Big Pharma either but I'm not going discount legit university studies either. There's plenty of bullshit in the NYT but there's plenty of bullshit on the boards too.

JRam
08-31-2015, 10:39 PM
Here's a CNN study citing recent major medical journal study finding that multi-vitamins are useless. Folks can read the underlying study and make up their own mind. Sure, there are monied interests out there pushing a certain agenda but there are plenty of people on the boards pushing their own agenda in an effort to make some coin as well. My advice is to respectfully listen to everyone, do your own research, and then make up your own mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/16/health/multivitamins-studies/

MuscleAddiction
08-31-2015, 10:44 PM
Here's a CNN study citing recent major medical journal study finding that multi-vitamins are useless. Folks can read the underlying study and make up their own mind. Sure, there are monied interests out there pushing a certain agenda but there are plenty of people on the boards pushing their own agenda in an effort to make some coin as well. My advice is to respectfully listen to everyone, do your own research, and then make up your own mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/16/health/multivitamins-studies/

Agreed...and will agree to disagree. You are right, do your own research and believe what you want, but you know what else is useless...the media.

JRam
08-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Agreed...and will agree to disagree. You are right, do your own research and believe what you want, but you know what else is useless...the media.

What about TMZ?

MuscleAddiction
08-31-2015, 11:21 PM
What about TMZ?

Don't watch it. Hey I am just voicing my opinion, take it for what it is worth...nothing. I will continue to use my multi-vitamin packs and supplements like TUDCA, NAC, cycle support supplements, and MCT oil and not watch the news :). Yeah if you Google multi-vitamin hoax all kinds of articles come up...and they all will say to get your vitamins and minerals from eating whole foods which I do, so is it personal preference...yes, should people read and research what is best for them of course. It is all good...but you will not get all the vitamins and minerals from GMO foods or processed foods, you have to intelligently buy your food nowadays.

Ironguruera
09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Lol sounds like I'm talking to my dad. Holy shit does he get pissed off about vitamins. He sites a study nautilus did back in the day. He wanted to couple vitamins with his new equipment and did tons of test and found....vitamins make expensive piss.

However this study was over 50 yrs ago now. Surely vitamins and minerals are made better then back then??

I don't argue for one second our body needs vitamins or minerals. My issue with vitamins in supplement form is does the body recognize what it as and can it actually assimilate it and function that same a vitamin is treated by the body as if it was from a food source?

That's always been my dilemma...some I feel some
I don't. Not to say if u don't feel it they aren't doing anything but harder for me to be consistent taking them when I don't notice anything.

I would rather get into fresh fruit and veggie juicing again and not worry about it lol.

Nbencze
09-01-2015, 06:27 AM
I thought if I read it on the Internet it must be true haha.

Nbencze
09-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Anyways I buy the cheap stuff, and I still try to get my vitamins through my food.

squatpresspull
09-01-2015, 07:08 AM
Well, I just wanted to know what you all might recommend. hahahahaha

baby1
09-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Well, I just wanted to know what you all might recommend. hahahahaha

If you are going to spend money on one, get a quality one with no added fillers. You will pay a but more but it is a waste of money to buy cheap ones full of crap. half the time those do not even dissolve and the body doesn't absorb anything from them. I buy a good one by Mega Foods or New Chapter

Ebo10
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Maybe it's coincidence but when I'm not taking a multi vitamin my body runs down faster and I get sick everyime. So I take them! Do I know if they work? Not 100%. But I don't care, I have peace of mind when I take my vitamins. Sure I still get I'll sometimes when taking my vits but from my experience both on and off vitamins. I am much healthier when I am taking them. Even my costco brand! I don't have much use for media or research unless it's done by like Hopkins university or somethin...

MuscleAddiction
09-01-2015, 05:14 PM
This is what I have been using for a while now SPP...

https://www.mrsupps.com/ProductSearch/All/All/0/Medivin/1/All/

They are vitamin packs, you can take a look at the profile, but I just take one pack everyday on top of eating whole foods...the meal I just ate was salmon, brown rice & green beans. Like Ebo10 I feel it when I go off my regimen, lethargy, not feeling the good feeling, and it very well can just be in my head...but knock on wood I have not been sick in a while, except stomach issues, but no flu, colds, so immune system I feel is strong based on my diet and supplement regimen. I have heard from many people and read these studies (like Iggy said some outdated) and they say placebo, do not work, but I get the feeling personally not just piece of mind, but my health track record. I usually go into my doctor once a year, do bloods with him, he says keep doing what you are doing!!! All is good!!! Except my test levels...had to take that into my own hands as he would not help me there.

Encino_Mang
09-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't take any but that's because I'm a cheap fucker!

I don't see how taking a multi can hurt especially if you cutting.

squatpresspull
09-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks all. I'm looking around and comparing now. I used to take AnimalPaks, but I just can't afford it at that price. Hell, I might be better off buying everything in bulk powder and mix my own shit up. Might be cheaper in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slayer
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
I take AnimalPaks.

Young Gotti
09-02-2015, 04:57 PM
multi vitamins are one of the most important supplements you should take, they should come before any hormonal products

the absorption rate may be poor but the little we do absorb could really help with overall health but also could prevent common colds and the overall run down feeling

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/345/Whole+Foods+Multivitamin/ this is the one I use and prefer the multi pills throughout the day over the 1 a day type pills