PDA

View Full Version : Men's Health Power Training

amp
06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm curious if anyone has and experience with this?? I thought I'd give it a shot because I hit a plateau and wasn't getting any new gains. It's the end of week 1 for me, and for the first time in a long while, I'm pretty sore.

The program is simplistic. I use the 4 day split, push/pull method. Its based around olympic and functional lifts, using no isolation exercises at all.

just wondering if anyone else has done, or is doing this program?

zedhed
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
IDK that particular program bro but what are your sets/reps? Just curious.

darksidefitness
07-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Not sure but your program sound like a bodybuilding/hypertrophy section;not a power-lifting routine. Have you try do just speed day, conjugate day pure power-lifting technique. Westside barbell (website) have good routines and I know they will help you pass that plateau.

SisterSteel
10-20-2012, 07:07 PM
It's difficult to perform Olympic lifts without the proper equipment ie. oly shoes, platform, bumpers, etc. Also, you should have someone properly teach you the Olympic lifts otherwise your chance of injury is pretty good. Now the Olympic Assisting lifts are much easier to learn and also don't require such close supervision. I'd recommend you use them instead.