PDA

View Full Version : Are CrossFit Workouts a Good Training Choice when you have to baby a Back Injury?

Encino_Mang
04-19-2016, 01:39 PM
So yea disk herniation and stenosis, asked the doc about squats and he looked at me like I had three ears :/

So I guess I have to rethink training a bit...

Any of you hard core rough ass bodybuilders used crossfit or would you rather eat a cock first?

knights
04-19-2016, 02:24 PM
i thought some of the stuff we put our bodies through as bodybuilders was rough...holy shit, you ever watch the cross-fit games?! I could only imagine how many of them blow out their rotator cuffs!

baby1
04-19-2016, 02:30 PM
It looks like a very intense awesome workout. I guess it depends what your goals are. All the ruckus people say about crossfitters and they may not lift as heavy but they will out do many with endurance

MuscleAddiction
04-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Was working a bodybuilding and expo show this past weekend and in the expo they have the Crossfit competition, like Baby said all the negative comments about that sport but let me tell you watching them it is intense, is it for me...no. It is a full body workout using Olympic style lifts, so with that being said you better make sure you work on the mechanics, technique, and form so you can lessen the chance of injury...but they say that is the sport that causes the most injuries when it comes to lifting.

Applehead23
04-19-2016, 04:46 PM
I did Crossfit for a while. I got hurt worse and more often doing that than I ever did lifting.

baby1
04-19-2016, 07:08 PM
maybe I should read the whole thread title,lol. If it were I , I would not start crossfit with a back injury. If anything I would modify your current training routine

Encino_Mang
04-19-2016, 07:19 PM
I should have been more specific (and I'm guessing the cross fit training philosophy) I was talking more about lighter weight higher rep type of non stop style of training and no olympic lifts just more endurance lifting type training.

Nbencze
04-19-2016, 08:07 PM
I personally would eat cock first:applouse:

baby1
04-19-2016, 08:20 PM
I personally would eat cock first:applouse:

probably because you couldnt do crossfit

knights
04-19-2016, 10:01 PM
I should have been more specific (and I'm guessing the cross fit training philosophy) I was talking more about lighter weight higher rep type of non stop style of training and no olympic lifts just more endurance lifting type training.

Controlled drop sets all the way bro.....I'll do 3-4 sets in a row with no rest and drop weight during each set....you get the benefits of the controlled lift, but also cardio at the same time....by the time I'm done with set 4, I usually feel like I ran a mile full out. Rest for 2 minutes then start all over again!

MuscleAddiction
04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
What is the back injury anyway?

Encino_Mang
04-20-2016, 05:49 AM
What is the back injury anyway?

Herniated L4 and spinal stenosis is what the Doc said I had going on.

Nbencze
04-20-2016, 06:13 AM
probably because you couldnt do crossfit

Not with my joints...... When I was in the army I fought a crossfire guru. Dude had nice size to him but was very weak. That's prob why I've never been sold on it.

Ironguruera
04-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Not with my joints...... When I was in the army I fought a crossfire guru. Dude had nice size to him but was very weak. That's prob why I've never been sold on it.

And 9 out of 10 of them look like they have never been in a gym in their fucking life. Sure the elite ones that compete on tv look great and what else do u notice?? They all are covered in that KT tape as they are all injured and broken down.

Great u can jump over an elephant. Your medal is in the mail asshole.

Slayer
04-20-2016, 01:38 PM
LOL IG!!!

MuscleAddiction
04-20-2016, 02:55 PM
And 9 out of 10 of them look like they have never been in a gym in their fucking life. Sure the elite ones that compete on tv look great and what else do u notice?? They all are covered in that KT tape as they are all injured and broken down.

Good to see you Iggy lol...

knights
04-20-2016, 04:08 PM
ROFLMAO !!!

Ironguruera
04-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Lol they just annoy me. Every Time I see them doing that spaz epileptic "pull up" it takes all I have to not go over and say...."hop down so I can show you how to do that properly....."

All the ppl I've ever met that do it won't shut up about it. It's like how do u know someone is a vegan.....don't worry they will fucking tell you! Same with cross fit ppl. Don't worry they will tell you!

Look I get that a lot of it makes a well rounded better athlete and has its place no doubt. Overall not impressed.......

xdude
04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Lol they just annoy me. Every Time I see them doing that spaz epileptic "pull up" it takes all I have to not go over and say...."hop down so I can show you how to do that properly....."

All the ppl I've ever met that do it won't shut up about it. It's like how do u know someone is a vegan.....don't worry they will fucking tell you! Same with cross fit ppl. Don't worry they will tell you!

Look I get that a lot of it makes a well rounded better athlete and has its place no doubt. Overall not impressed.......

your just jealous of their kettle bells :)

Ironguruera
04-20-2016, 07:48 PM
your just jealous of their kettle bells :)

That's one of useful things they do lol.

xdude
04-21-2016, 12:10 PM
That's one of useful things they do lol.

so you are Jealous of those kettle bells ...

ordawg1
05-02-2016, 11:55 PM
I LOVE watching the gals - damn near had a n injury just watching ~ Pops