PDA

View Full Version : Contest Prep

Fit Guru
06-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I know the board is young but I'm sure there are a few people entertaining the idea of competing. I've competed for 30 years and now I just enjoy passing on what I have learned over the years. I've been an NPC Bodybuilding judge for 24 years and now my ONLY job is a competition prep coach. So if any of our members need any guidance feel free to give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.Feel free to pick my brain a little.

exphys88
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I know the board is young but I'm sure there are a few people entertaining the idea of competing. I've competed for 30 years and now I just enjoy passing on what I have learned over the years. I've been an NPC Bodybuilding judge for 24 years and now my ONLY job is a competition prep coach. So if any of our members need any guidance feel free to give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.Feel free to pick my brain a little.

Good to have you on board. I'm an exercise physiologist but not a prep coach. My specialty is more in the health/wellness/fitness area. I'll be sure to send those looking for contest prep your way.

Fit Guru
06-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Sounds good Ex and Vice versa

Vannesb
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Glad your here Bro!

Pittsburgh63
06-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Very cool to have such experienced individuals here!

Buff12
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Thi is why i loved EB, the experience that has come over to this site from EB is gonna make MC just as good.

Encino_Mang
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM

I'm game.....I've always done powerlifting....competed in the 80's 90's a little......anyway never worried about being ripped just strong I competed in the 181 lb class.....now I wanna be cut and retain as much muscle as possible.

#1. Question does how you train matter on size? Example I always cycles 8, 5, 3, 1 reps up to the contest.....warm up and the have like 3 work sets.....then I rep out with a set of 10 - 15 reps last to end it....I almost always and still do use compound movements a few iso after work sets and I never rushed the work sets.....5 min or more rest time......will that work along with diet to get ripped?

#2. Question diet I was told cal intake should be around 26 times lean BTW to ripped 50% p 30% f and 20% c

#3. Question cardio how important is it? Can you just reduce cals

Thanks

Encino_Mang
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Bump man anyone else have 2cents?

I'm game.....I've always done powerlifting....competed in the 80's 90's a little......anyway never worried about being ripped just strong I competed in the 181 lb class.....now I wanna be cut and retain as much muscle as possible.

#1. Question does how you train matter on size? Example I always cycles 8, 5, 3, 1 reps up to the contest.....warm up and the have like 3 work sets.....then I rep out with a set of 10 - 15 reps last to end it....I almost always and still do use compound movements a few iso after work sets and I never rushed the work sets.....5 min or more rest time......will that work along with diet to get ripped?

#2. Question diet I was told cal intake should be around 26 times lean BTW to ripped 50% p 30% f and 20% c

#3. Question cardio how important is it? Can you just reduce cals

Thanks

Fit Guru
07-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Hey bro. Answered your PM

Fit Guru
07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry for being late with reply. I've been on vacation