PDA

View Full Version : new ride or bike?

newNimproved
07-21-2012, 06:26 PM
im going back to college and will be making decent money. thinking about looking at a challenger or a honda bike. has anyone bought a challenger lately and have good reviews?

cane
07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
well first question is..Do you already have a car? if not, the car is the easy choice here.

Bruiser
07-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Do you have kids or plan on having them in the next 5 years? If so, look at a car. Even though a Challenger isn't exactly a "family friendly" car, you sure won't be locking down a car seat on a crotch rocket. Lol. Becaue if you do think you'll be having kids, that bike will be gone and the resale is shit, you might as well give it away.

jaytat
07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
If you have a car go with bike!! I have my cdl class a i can drive anything.... My girl and mother said i day dream to much lol and if i got a bike i would kill myself. Go with the bike enjoy yourself

newNimproved
07-22-2012, 10:59 PM
im just at that stage in my life where i can do either. and yes prob kids in the next 5 years.

Lunchbox
07-22-2012, 11:22 PM
im just at that stage in my life where i can do either. and yes prob kids in the next 5 years.

Car - Chance of survival

Bike - You lose, game over.

Nuff said. :)

newNimproved
07-23-2012, 03:21 AM
same thing i was thinking man. thanks for the heads up.

Arabian
07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
I would chose the challenger. When it rains you can roll the windows up and stay dry. lol

newNimproved
07-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I would chose the challenger. When it rains you can roll the windows up and stay dry. lol

thanks girl...........yeah im thinking the same thing

cane
07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
yea if you dont have a car, that is the easy choice here

layddually
07-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Don't listen to them bike for sure you can always carry a rain suit in ur tank bag. I only had bikes for years. Wife I have now wont let me have a bike so have fun while u can.

newNimproved
07-24-2012, 09:39 PM
thanks dude, but yeah def gunna get a muscle car so i can mess around with the engine. i had one in college but it was too much for me to handle, the maintenance for a 70 and under is too much for a 18 year old to handle. so now im thinking of having one built for me bit by bit while im in college. then when i finish my semester i should have it all put together.i learned its better to go the long way with muscle cars and not teh quick fix, it never turns out good!!

anyone with muscle cars?

NTL
07-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Im a car guy,I own a bad ass 91 mustang gt. It built it mostly by myself it has afr heads,trick flow stage 1 cam,cobra intake ported to match heads,s-trim supercharger,methanol injection,and built rearend,suspension,and tranmision to put the power to the ground. I also own a bike (Buell 1200).

newNimproved
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Im a car guy,I own a bad ass 91 mustang gt. It built it mostly by myself it has afr heads,trick flow stage 1 cam,cobra intake ported to match heads,s-trim supercharger,methanol injection,and built rearend,suspension,and tranmision to put the power to the ground. I also own a bike (Buell 1200).

thats what im talkin bout!!! im just a big ol country boy, so imports are out of the question. i have thought about trickin out a silverado SS and have the wheels and rims tucked. ill be movin back to the country(im from a 500 person town) and just need to get back to my roots.

i really like the chevy 2500s 12 inch lifted on 36s, just gunna kill me on gas if i dont get it diesel.

my favorite right now is the challenger SRT8 alll black on black with 3/4 turnouts.

NTL
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
My daily driver is a 2006 duramax and the cost of Diesel puts a hurting on my wallet. I average 16mpg in the Duramax.

newNimproved
07-26-2012, 01:19 AM
damn dude, see thats why im looking at a car. not only that but i plan on having kids once i get a stable career. id hate to bring lil ones into this world and not be able to provide everything i would like.