PDA

View Full Version : time for a new one ...

xdude
10-27-2016, 10:10 PM
well my 05 Grand Cherokee has come back from the shop and it is time to replace it.
I am looking for a new SUV. I got the consumer reports and Jeeps are second to last on the list.
I looked at the review of the 16 Grand Cherokee and while it is Jeeps best rating, it is still not that great.
( on the bright side the 16 is much better that the 14's and previous model years )

plus the JGC is the vehicle that killed the new star trek Checkov, a product defect and it rolled over him.

I have been reading the CR and to be honest , not that impressed. It seems that plain and not good looking is a requirement for a higher rating . Also anyone else think it is strange that they way they break up the categories . I mean they compare cars to other cars at 1/2 the price .. how is that fair. I mean if a car cost twice as much it better be better. explains why lexus on one list is 3 of the top 5..

So what do you guys like ..anyone have a 2016 Grand Cherokee and wish to dispute Consumer reports?
anyone have an SUV that you really like and can recommend ?

checking out the pilot, 4runner , highlander, BMW are sharp looking. Lexus is ok but rather high.
I'm open to something reasonable .

what do you guys recommend?

regards
Xdude

Ironguruera
10-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Been in the auto business almost 20 years now since I was a kid.
Japanese cars rate the highest in consumer reports because they are reliable. However as u noted they are usually plain Jane. They do nothing great looks or performance wise......but they give u far less problems.

All about that give and take.

Bmw has been the pioneer in safety and has pioneered countless safety technologies that all others follow. German cars are known to drive great, great driver to road connection, good power, and be some of the safest cars on the road.

However they are total piles of shit reliability wise. All of them are junk. Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Vw.
Over engineered plastic shit. They are meant to be replaced every few years by rich ppl who lease them every few years.
Driving any of these cars outside factory warranty you had better be ok with thousand dollars in repairs.

What I like and want from a car is far different then you. I like a 13 second car that looks stock, suspension almost too stiff and take turns like and animal. My wife liked our GMC Acadia ride more then the dodge durrango. She said it was smoother....it is but it's because the durrango has stiffer better handling more nimble suspension tuning. What I like and want is not what she does in a car.

My suggestion is go drive all these cars. See what YOU like. What fits your needs the best? Good power? Good MPG? Good to take dogs places? Good cargo space?

Pick the one u like the drive of the best and fits your budget. Enjoy it and keep it while it's under warranty then get the fuck rid of it! Cars are indispensable junk these days.

If u want to be frugal and save money buying a car then buy a few years old with still factory warranty then dump the car after its out of warranty.
For instance my brother in law got an 2007 BMW 750 for $43k. Had 17k miles on it. Had several years of warranty left( was years ago now). That was a $80k+ car new. That's how u buy a fucking car right! Or lease

Bmw dropped the free maintenance. It's just free oil Changes now. Used to be free brakes as well. Unless u are cool with $1000 for front brake job.....u don't want a BMW.

The pilot is a slow tird with 0 soul lol. Check out the toyotas and the Lexus of your lineup.

Big Hoss
10-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Or.... you can just do it Amish style.... horse and buggy! lol

xdude
10-28-2016, 02:20 PM
funny you mention Audi they actually made the list of better car brands on CR ( 2nd IIRC) but then looked at some of the prices oooh.

I invest in stocks, hoping to someday retire ,and one of the stories roaming around the Car industry is when the lease vehicles boom will become to be a serious problem. Apparently large number of people are leasing, more than ever before . So shortly they are expecting these not too old used vehicles to trash the used market ..

also I like the police cruiser version of the explorer.. ( not white and black though, although the blue lights are kind of cool :) )

I have to admit I have been pretty good about saving, the Cherokee was paid off in 08 with a tax refund, and I set it up so I had a fake car payment going into a sayings account. A reminder of how much I was saving every time I got that new car itch to stamp that itch out, and cash available for any repair bills to go with the older vehicle . needless to say there is a nice chunk of change there. I raided it once for an unplanned bill, but that is it . So I have a serious down payment or out right cash.

and these days who pays interest ?

I am a kind of drive it into the ground type guy, but I also just turn 51 and having due for a midlife crisis

No buggy for me BH

recently had a friend show up on a dealer lot with a bicycle , he is a serious rider ( 100 miles a week ) , but his car was just declared junk. He said the saleman were on him with in a minute, and running to beat the other sales man.. LOL ( talk about driving a car into the ground 350K on a corrolla he had since college) just wouldn't die

Ironguruera
10-28-2016, 06:00 PM
Biggest advise I could give is don't put money down. Keep your money in the bank for emergency or invest it!
1000 down is a pathetic $20 a month on a 5 yr loan of $20k
Would u rather have $5000 in the bank or a lame $100 off your bill for 5 years??

Unless money down moves interest rate a big amount then that can pay but even APR is not as big a diff as people think for the same $20k loan 1 % is only $10 a month difference.

Just my $0.02 from talking to sales guys and asking 3000 questions over the years....I'm a "why???" Kid lol.

xdude
10-28-2016, 07:51 PM
like I said the goal of the account was to make me not want a car payment ...it has done it's job. As I said who pays interest these days...

I know enough to optimize the cash flow. Heck even my house mortgage is just over 3 % .
your right 1k on 20k is nothing, my last loan was for 25k, right now I am looking at 40K

I will put down enough and that is it ..

I was in a waiting room talking about cars and the guy told me a story. he finished negotiating ,and went to the finance guy . he of course was all set and was ready to pay cash . When asked if he wanted to finance , he asked if there was a financing bonus. so he finance through them, and basically got some of what the bank was paying the finance guy.. then paid it off early . not sure if it was worth it , he thought so.

you never said anything about audi's. might go for low mileage used .

Ironguruera
10-28-2016, 08:39 PM
like I said the goal of the account was to make me not want a car payment ...it has done it's job. As I said who pays interest these days...

I know enough to optimize the cash flow. Heck even my house mortgage is just over 3 % .
your right 1k on 20k is nothing, my last loan was for 25k, right now I am looking at 40K

I will put down enough and that is it ..

I was in a waiting room talking about cars and the guy told me a story. he finished negotiating ,and went to the finance guy . he of course was all set and was ready to pay cash . When asked if he wanted to finance , he asked if there was a financing bonus. so he finance through them, and basically got some of what the bank was paying the finance guy.. then paid it off early . not sure if it was worth it , he thought so.

you never said anything about audi's. might go for low mileage used .

I like Audi and Vw a lot. I drive a Vw. With mild aftermarket/ go fast mods u have a fast, fun, great handling car that runs down cars double the cost. The Quattro awd system is very impressive on the Audi .

I get a crazy Audi, Vw, BMW, lease deals through my work so we looked at the Audi Q7 but it's too small for us so we got the Acadia instead. My VW is paid off so we just have wife's car payment.

Layddually2
10-28-2016, 09:28 PM
My wife and I love my diesel's.

xdude
10-29-2016, 08:18 AM
My wife and I love my diesel's.
what brand?
audi, bmw, VW , mac truck ,peterbilt?

Layddually2
10-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Lol sorry I have a 2012 ram 2500 8"lift wife had a stock 2016 ram 2500 but now I'm using for my work truck.

My 2012 is fast it's deleted with custom tune. Raced a modded wrx all wheel launches are fun.

Wife also had a glk250 its twin turbo diesel damn thing got like almost 50mpg or some shit. But we didn't like it not having a spare tire.

Ironguruera
10-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Lol sorry I have a 2012 ram 2500 8"lift wife had a stock 2016 ram 2500 but now I'm using for my work truck.

My 2012 is fast it's deleted with custom tune. Raced a modded wrx all wheel launches are fun.

Wife also had a glk250 its twin turbo diesel damn thing got like almost 50mpg or some shit. But we didn't like it not having a spare tire.

Most cars don't come with a spare now. Runflat tires or a small compressor with tire slime is what the 2013 Kia Optima we had came with.
Saves weight and space in the trunk. Also drops the cost of every car.

Bmw uses fun flats or the M cars get a compressor and slime.

Figure if they save $100 per car across the lineup......huge money savings.

U going to drive some cars this weekend ??

Layddually2
10-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Yea I don't like the run flats if you are 100mi from next town even then chances of any place having that size run flat.

Ironguruera
11-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Haha u were spot on Xdude. Forbes has 15 worst cars and all 3 jeeps are on it lmao. The wrangler, liberty, and Cherokee all had shit build quality and reliability. Shame I always wanted a wrangler rubicon 4 door to take the family out with.

xdude
11-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Haha u were spot on Xdude. Forbes has 15 worst cars and all 3 jeeps are on it lmao. The wrangler, liberty, and Cherokee all had shit build quality and reliability. Shame I always wanted a wrangler rubicon 4 door to take the family out with.

set up some test drives tomorrow. to bad I like the 4 door rubicon too. but it won't fit in the garage also LOL.
I didn't realize Forbes did cars, may make that mag better ...piece of crap mag for people who think they are important.
( I am sure you were stuck in a waiting room ,some where to read that IGGY)

I was going by Consumer reports... and they panned the Cherokee ( not grand) patriot and renegade.
the JGC was the best, and only made it just under average.

but where as I have a JGC I still have arranged a test ride. WTF have the saleman sweat a little explain WTF is the difference between the 7 models of JGC, Laredo,altitude,75 anniversary edition, limited ,overland ,summit ..and I may have missed one or 2 . I did forget at least one ,the over the top SRT which I read a review saying"answers questions ,no one is asking" LOL , I would rather have 2 Laredos. Seriously it is twice the cost of Laredo, but hey a 6.1 liter engine is practical for bottoming out while 4-wheeling.

but as I said consumer report ( CR) seems to have boring vehicles at the top of the list.
I am going to check out a pilot ( co worker loves it) and the Sorento as well (top pick) , and then make some more appointments later .
been fighting a few things ,so search has been slow .

xdude
11-10-2016, 09:20 PM
dam I liked the JGC. nice ride , lots of bells an whistle .
the Honda pilot, well might as well been a minivan, good pick up thought .

bigcivic
11-10-2016, 10:30 PM
I've been a tech for 18 yrs I absolutely love my honda pilot 7 passenger that will blow the doors off a stock mustang fuck yea gotta have vtec

bigcivic
11-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Kia n Hyundai Have come a long way but I'm still not a fan

Ironguruera
11-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Kia n Hyundai Have come a long way but I'm still not a fan

Their warranty is a crock
Of shit. The service dept is still low line and needs a lot of work. We had a 2013 optima that had starting issues followed by fog blowing out the ac vents intermittently. Glad we got rid of that car lol. Also required a valve adjustment at 65k. Can only imagine what that costs lol.

Lol xdude it was on my FB feeds about the Forbes link and had a jeep as the main pic. I still want a 4 door rubicon one day.

Not sure if u are a ford guy but the new bronco is coming soon I believe.

bigcivic
11-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Replace the ground or clean it up they use tiny 10mm bolt to sheet metal on inner fender for main ground off battery.. ran into it many times I usually run heavy cable from battery to engine also. They had issues with starters too fucking plastic lever inside breaks

bigcivic
11-11-2016, 12:40 AM
Newer ford's impress me I always hated ford's they were pos newer dhit thought I never say this but I'd buy one. I love my Hondas tho grew up chevy fell in love with acura/honda once I became tech I have a 430 horse 1.8 4cyl turbo of course that I pound the shit out of n haven't had issues with yet that's at 19lbs of boost

xdude
11-11-2016, 10:26 PM
drove the Sorento and Highlander today. both were real nice . man they have all the bells and whistles these days.
my JGC has basics, everything these days has a display, rear camera seems standard , blind spot sensors . blue tooth .. etc.

my sister had 2 kia's both severed he well. my brother in law had a RIO he drove into the ground back and forth to work.
had that for 12 years , nothing but basic maintenance. he wanted a truck and that was the only reason they trade it in.. The rio was tiny and could park anywhere, he actually regretted the decision .they also have an Optima for 140k and still have it.

the kia has a a 5 year 60K warranty . which does make you questions quality ...however it is on consumer reports #1 spot
I told then I wanted leather seats and they only had the top of the line model with leather , so got the one off the show room floor .LOL. of course it was black , look great , but could see that it was already getting dirty ( man black is a dirt magnet !)

The highlander had good looked good pick, an apparently the 2017 will be out next month so by the end of the month it should be have some deals.

While there I saw 4 runner ..I may check it out later
they said it drives more like a truck , I pointed out I have been driving a GC. " Oh you will be find"

Ironguruera
11-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Black is a for someone loves to wax and detail their car! My buddy owned his own detail business and had 2black vehicles. Always looked great but fuck that noise. Gotta clean in once a week for sure and if u aren't super careful swirl marks galore.

The 2013 Kia Optima we had was the middle line one. Has Bluetooth, double moon roofs, and a/c and heater leather seats. Both the ac and heat options made me actually like leather. In our 110+ summer normally leather gets a big middle finger from me. That model was 200 hp. The next model up had the turbo and 270 hp but my wife was coming from a striped down Toyota Yaris that was manual everything to that Kia blew her mind with all the bells and whistles.

Wait on the new model to come out the 2016 will drop. U never want to get a brand new model....they haven't worked out the bugs yet and u are the test pilot lol. Better to get the previous year at a insane price.

Glad u are being smart and taking your time brother. You will find something soon that meets all your needs and wants.

xdude
11-12-2016, 02:07 PM
my goal is to try every thing that I could want , right now I am moving from 05 to 16/17 , there is a lot of electronics change in there .

I don't need cooled leather around here , but oh do you need heated in the winter.
I also have some partner sales deal through work, a co worker did the deal, then said ok let us put this aside and discuss this program and do the numbers . he said he got a better deal twice .I 'll do that after all said an done. we don't have all manufactures , but enough .. and I have nothing to loose .

A car sales man said to me " a black car is a sign of sick mind" and basically talked me out of it
on the grounds that unless you are obsessive compulsive you can not keep it clean enough .

Ironguruera
11-13-2016, 12:53 PM
my goal is to try every thing that I could want , right now I am moving from 05 to 16/17 , there is a lot of electronics change in there .

I don't need cooled leather around here , but oh do you need heated in the winter.
I also have some partner sales deal through work, a co worker did the deal, then said ok let us put this aside and discuss this program and do the numbers . he said he got a better deal twice .I 'll do that after all said an done. we don't have all manufactures , but enough .. and I have nothing to loose .

A car sales man said to me " a black car is a sign of sick mind" and basically talked me out of it
on the grounds that unless you are obsessive compulsive you can not keep it clean enough .

Lol sick mind!!! My friend is a nut that's too funny! I literally had a customer who spent his Friday night detailing his black car.....

You are doing it right brother. I can't how many times I drove a car I couldn't wait to test our just to say wtf that was a let down....or on the flip side driven lots of cheap econoboxes that made me say wow this is a nice little car for the money! Driving is key.

xdude
11-13-2016, 02:52 PM
what surprised me is I looked at a dark brown jeep, and that looked very dirty too.
just dried morning dew , but looked like shit.

The car salesmsan was also but is co-workers chops, he owned a black car...
but he came over and agreed , unless you constantly wash it . it looks dirty
but it was pretty funny at the time.

Ironguruera
11-14-2016, 04:56 PM
what surprised me is I looked at a dark brown jeep, and that looked very dirty too.
just dried morning dew , but looked like shit.

The car salesmsan was also but is co-workers chops, he owned a black car...
but he came over and agreed , unless you constantly wash it . it looks dirty
but it was pretty funny at the time.

From my experience white and silver cars Are best to appear clean when dirty. Especially silver but if u ever get a door dent etc silver is hard to match for most shops.

Willis
11-15-2016, 03:46 AM
I throw in my .02cents. I will keep it just SUV related. If we got into cars and truck, I got a ton more input...I think main starting point is budget, sorry if I missed it if you already mentioned a budget. All my vehicles need to have decent HP/TQ.

Here are the SUVs Ive had in the last 2-3 years...Please keep in mind most of them were my work vehicles, but when I was back home I would take the family around in them. So Ive spent a lot of seat time in each one. Way more then a average person. Also all of them needed to be AWD/4WD..

2015 and 2016 Chevy Tahoe. Black on Black LTZ trim, every option and rear entertainment, and rear captain seats...I absolutely loved these SUVs. The tech in there for a Chevy is amazing, very user friendly. Power was okay, it got out of its own way. Handled really well. I did take the 15 out on a road course and EVOC pad for training with a few of my clients, handled really well for what it is. It has a decent interior space inside, you would think you would have more due to the exterior size. I must mention it is super quiet on the inside. Probably the quietest out of all the SUVs Im going to mention (Escalade is the same SUV and Tahoe), the RR comes close to this tahoe for interior silence.

2015 and 2016 Escalade. 1 Black on Black and 1 Silver on Black. Both were Premium Trim loaded to basically Platinum Trim. I had the Blk/Blk longer then the Silver one. I hate Silver vehicles... Escalade is just a fancied up Tahoe, literally. The huge downside of the Escalade to the Tahoe is the infotainment console. There are no physical button or knobs, its all touch. So if your OCD like myself, its fingerprint hell...Plus that infotainment in the escalade sucks...Audio was better..Power was more since its shares the drivetrain with the GMC Denali, which both have bigger V8s then the Tahoe and its noticeable. The suspension and setting are awesome compared to the Tahoe. I liked the exterior way more then the Tahoe.

2014 BMW X6M Black on White....Only had this for 6 months or so. It was a cool little SUV. It was pretty quick as well. Stock it sounded like shit though, with a full exhaust it helps...The interior is very dated, the updated 16s are way nicer! Handled like a BMW M car should even though it is a SUV...Audio sucked as well. Keep in mind this one is $115K, the Tahoe and Escalades are sub 100K (Tahoe being 68K). The Tahoe Audio and Tech was way better then this X6M, by a lot....I really dont have anything else to say about this SUV. It couldn't use it for work so we got rid of it...

2015 Infinity QX80 optioned out with rear entertainment, Black on Black...I hate how the outside looks. But the inside is so roomy and comfy. Those seats for some reason were really nice to sit in. When you are in the SUV if feels like you have so much room around you, good design feature for infinity...Audio was good, ride was okay, power was okay as well. Escalade was faster...It felt like a cheaper japanese vehicle when you close the doors. Not that quiet inside compared to the other SUVs...Only real amazing thing I can say about the SUV is the room on the interior...

2015 LX570 White on Black. They comes fully optioned already, dont think you can get any additional options other then colors...I absolutely loved this rig!! It drove amazing on road, suspension setting were spot on and you could definitely tell the difference when you choose each one...The amazing part is when you take this beast off road. This thing is so capable off road its mind blowing. Tech in there is good for what it is. Audio was pretty good as well...It was very roomy inside as well. The ONLY thing I could say the SUV needed was more power. Add a TRD Supercharger on it and its good to go! This thing was so amazing I would honestly think about getting another one in the same body style of the new updated versions. I like the new updated (2016) interior a lot, but not really sold on the exterior. Plus these things hold there value so well. If someone had a budget and wanted to stay a little below 100K this is the SUV I would heavily suggest. Talking about it now makes me wish I had one sitting in the garage. haha.

2015 Range Rover Full Size. Black on Black V8 SC. Pretty optioned out short wheel base...Very classy, interior and exterior. Power and Tq is there anytime you need it. Very capable off road as well. Interior is on par with the Tahoe/Escalade. Tech is great in it as well. Audio is amazing, had the optional Meridian. Over all very slick SUV, ride is smooth as you would expect for a Range. I would suggest not getting one new, get a slightly used one with very low miles. Pretty easy to find since they sell a lot of them. They DO NOT hold there value at all. Wife loves this vehicle, which we might trade her daily driver car in for one. If we do I would rather have it optioned with the Long Wheel Base and rear executive seating and it be a Autobiography Ed...And No I would never get a new one, unless its a lease..

2016 Mercedes G63 Black on Black with Desgnio Interior option. This is my current SUV, which I just got 3-4 months ago. I tried to get a used low mileage one but they are the hardest thing to find they way I wanted it with low miles. And they ones you do find they want a lot for it...So I just bought a new one that, which I was lucky to get since they sell before even hitting the showroom floor. They hold there value really good as well. Its a love and hate with this truck. Ill say the dislikes first, keep in mind what price range this truck falls into so Im judging it on that...The ride is harsh but I already knew that, rides like a Super duty. Conviniece features are scarce in this truck, no Key-less go option. And the last thing is the interior room is pretty cramped...Its a tetris trying to get all my gear and work stuff in the back trunk area....Now the good stuff. POWER POWER POWER! Hahaha. Its stock right now but it shares the same motor that is in the wifes Daily (CLS63). I modded the CLS though so cant compare the two. I plan on Tuning it with a full exhaust...Handles turns way better then you would expect looking at it...Audio is okay stock, installed a sub/amp and now the audio is amazing. Its amazing offload! There is may be 1 or 2 SUVs that can compare offraod wise to the G. I will be lifting mine a little and stuffing 35s on there...Lease rates suck on this rig, so buy or finance...I do love it though...They are releasing a updated bigger version of the G for 2018 I believe. Which will have all new tech, bigger, and all new interior.

I seen the new Ford Explorer was mentioned. I have spent some time in many new Explorers. Both Civilian and LE uplifted versions. Tech is pretty good, same as all other higher trim fords. The eco boost is a stout little motor, it scoots pretty darn good for what it is...I just hate driving it, I can never seen to get comfortable in it. If I could it would be a amazing SUV for its price range. Nothing else bad to say about the new Explorer. If this is the price bracket your looking at (platinum and sport trims) then take one for a extended test drive and see if its comfy for you. If so this is a great buy on a new SUV.

Damn this was a fucking long post...Figure I share some info since Ive spent a lot of time in SUVs, also on long distance drives...Wish you best of luck on the purchase bro!

-Willis

Ironguruera
11-16-2016, 03:01 AM
Nice post Willis! Lots of nice rides there! I'm surprised u didn't like the x6m more. The roofline of the x6 looks much better then the x5 but utility wise the x5 has a much easier rear seat access with the higher roof line. The cargo space in both of them isn't great. I looked at the x5 with 3rd row and with the 3rd row up I would have to hold the fucking stroller on the roof with my jacked arm 😂 was a no go for us too. The M version of all BMW stuff is the only BMW vehicles I like. They have good power now.

Willis
11-16-2016, 03:47 AM
Thanks bro! And the new model X6M interior is leaps and bounds better then the 14. It just felt dated and nothing was "really good" or stood out as great...I do like the new 750i loaded up with all the options. Now that a smooth interior vehicle...I lean towards Benz more, have had more Benz then BMW. And the sound AMGs make is incredible. The CLS63 (V8TT) we have has custom downpipes and center section exhaust, and a few other go fast mods ;-) But that thing sounds like a beast, it puts down mid 700s tq and high 600hp. So it scoots. haha.

I went to Figspeed today to scoop up some parts for the 56 Chevy, which I believe is close to your work...

Ironguruera
11-17-2016, 01:24 PM
Thanks bro! And the new model X6M interior is leaps and bounds better then the 14. It just felt dated and nothing was "really good" or stood out as great...I do like the new 750i loaded up with all the options. Now that a smooth interior vehicle...I lean towards Benz more, have had more Benz then BMW. And the sound AMGs make is incredible. The CLS63 (V8TT) we have has custom downpipes and center section exhaust, and a few other go fast mods ;-) But that thing sounds like a beast, it puts down mid 700s tq and high 600hp. So it scoots. haha.

I went to Figspeed today to scoop up some parts for the 56 Chevy, which I believe is close to your work...

Not familiar with that shop but I know where u are talking about. U should have hit me up I was at work. What do u have done to the 56? U sound like a pro street guy lol. Yeah BMW's don't sound good stock IMHO. The e46 m3 is the more horrible rice sounding car they ever made lol.

xdude
11-19-2016, 07:53 AM
tried the 4runner , that had a good feel to it , the cab was a little cramp, but more of a "Cherokee" feel .
funny the salesman did not really know it, I mean he liked it, was able to quote all the features ( but they were all the same on all toyota's)
but ask about the 4 wheel drive and the guy was clue less.. he was honest and saying we can look it up when we get back rather than just make something up. the 4 runner was about the same cost as the highlander, but more of a truck feel.

I also took out and explorer ,and apparently the saleman made his quota for the month, because he just really didn't seem to care.
he asked how much i wanted to spend as opposed to features .( I hate that )
brought a grey one out , something boring. I clear said I wanted something that didn't look like a mini van .He actually said you can look it up on the web and see the different packages. gave me a card and said bye...

they had no 16's just 17's because the dealer was out ( but there are nice clearances on the 16's) go 15 miles in any direction and they have plenty in stock .
Only thing I can think of he is knew I would be looking into 16 else where.

when I bought my last Jeep there was a website, I think you paid $10 and got the actual cost to dealer, incentives , area incentives etc.
I can not find it .. anyone recognize it . I thought it was Edmunds but they just kept pushing me to truecar

Ironguruera
11-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Those websites are a scam. The dealer doesn't give a fuck what some website says they have into it. Nor do they have to honor that price. Simply gives u and idea of markup and what a "good deal" truly would be but getting the dealers to play ball is all up to you!

2 biggest and most important sales guy car lines are.
"What do u want to spend payment wise?"

"Up to how much monthly"----this is where they make a ton of money with just one line. They will purposely go to the top of your price range vs giving u a deal. U have to know msrp and use financing calculators before u go so u have an idea what a good vs bad deal is based of monthly payments.

Dealers never wanna negotiate the total price of the car. They wanna talk monthly bill. If they can eek $20-$100 a month out of every sale....that's how they make their money.

However there isn't huge markup in new cars anymore. It's about dealer incentives and what time of year u buy that can get a better deal ESP on last years models etc.

Dealers make money fucking ppl on the trade in values and used car sales. Most new cars are $1-3k profit margin at best. Most salesmen only make per unit spiffs of a $150-$350 per car they sell then they get bonuses for say 10 cars sold they get a nut. 15 cars out another bonus etc. by hitting these bonuses they get paid but ask any salesman.....they would rather sell a used car and day of the week. They fucked the person trading it in for $3k then they sell it for $7k.....they call that a 4 pounder aka $4k deal.

xdude
11-19-2016, 05:23 PM
"Up to how much monthly"---.
I got that once , and I just laughed at the guy.. he came back with 3 monthly payments, all some how ending in nice round dollars of 9
like 199, 239, 279 or something like that and then the months of the loan .
I said " so are you going to give me an interest rate and I have to back fill the price ?"
also , carefull on the payment amount, I know someone that brought the business calculator
and basically proved that what they were saying is not what they were charging ...

Of course I also had a strange incident where the sale man had to call me to get approval to charge me less interest.
( he miss quoted the factory promotional rate ). BTW factory financing is the only time you should believe an interest rate .

xdude
11-21-2016, 08:37 PM
oh boy...
so yesterday a co worker said we had access to truecar through a benifit site .
I said oh, and followed the link , it was an internal site , so I fool around during downtime at work
I get through searching a few prices and and options on JGC and the listed the latest incentive etc.
and it said click here for "truecar price"

well boom that triggers several emails to 3 local Jeep dealers saying I was interested in this model Jeep.
and apparently they did not get the details of what I was looking at ( or played dumb)
because they just sent me anything they had on their lot .

Today I was in a web based class today and was on the phone continuously for the 8 hours .
all day there was beeps indicating some salesman trying to call.

Ironguruera
11-22-2016, 08:08 PM
oh boy...
so yesterday a co worker said we had access to truecar through a benifit site .
I said oh, and followed the link , it was an internal site , so I fool around during downtime at work
I get through searching a few prices and and options on JGC and the listed the latest incentive etc.
and it said click here for "truecar price"

well boom that triggers several emails to 3 local Jeep dealers saying I was interested in this model Jeep.
and apparently they did not get the details of what I was looking at ( or played dumb)
because they just sent me anything they had on their lot .

Today I was in a web based class today and was on the phone continuously for the 8 hours .
all day there was beeps indicating some salesman trying to call.

Lol!!

xdude
12-11-2016, 08:17 PM
well the final decision , after a bunch of test drives, I finally went to pricing on the final 3 , Toyota offered me the MSRP ( that is right, no negotiation, take it or leave it ....so I left it ) Kia offered a little off, and Jeep offer a nice savings that surprised me. So 2017 75th anniversary edition limited

Slayer
12-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Looks nice X! Does it have a Hemi?

xdude
12-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Looks nice X! Does it have a Hemi?

No , I feel you can drive faster if you can drive by gas stations :)
those hemi's get around 12 MPH...

Ironguruera
12-12-2016, 06:31 PM
No , I feel you can drive faster if you can drive by gas stations :)
those hemi's get around 12 MPH...

Might be a cunt hair more then that but yeah pass everything but the gas station! If u have money to burn sure but these days 4 and 6 Cylinder motors make plenty of power and get good economy!

Looks nice! Enjoy!

xdude
12-12-2016, 09:25 PM
besides if you are going all out... get the SRT version... 0-60 in under 3 seconds

Model: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
MSRP: From $66,895
Horsepower: 475 hp
MPG: 13 city / 19 highway
Engine: 6.4 L V8
Curb weight: 5,104 lbs
Towing capacity: 7,200 lbs
Torque: 470 lb-ft

http://www.jeep.com/grand-cherokee-srt.html

or you can get what I got and a Laredo for the wife and still have a enough for a living room set

Ironguruera
12-12-2016, 10:54 PM
U made a huge typo. 0-60 in under 3?? No way in hell with that fat 5100 curb weight and only 475 hp. I had a 425 hp 2005 GTO that was 3700 lbs. still slow lol.

Pics of living room
Set? Wife and I want a new couch but we are torn because we have a 1,3,5 yr old. It will be a piece of shit in 2 yrs 😂😂 probably going to get a nicer one but not go crazy. Rather get the wife new titties like she wants if we are going to go crazy 😂😂

Willis
12-13-2016, 01:08 AM
They will release the HellCat version soon. Did you get it with the Desiel motor? That would be sweet! Keep in mind toyota doesn't really budge, but they do hold there value and super reliable.

xdude
12-13-2016, 06:34 PM
U made a huge typo. 0-60 in under 3?? No way in hell with that fat 5100 curb weight and only 475 hp. I had a 425 hp 2005 GTO that was 3700 lbs. still slow lol.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/jeep-confirms-hellcat-powered-grand-cherokee-to-dealers-reveals-0-60-time/

so it is a crap 4.6 seconds for the srt the hell cat at 707 hp is 3.5 seconds

my question is how is it in the snow ...LOL

it is funny , jeep makes several Cherokees that you would never take 4 wheeling .or camping for that matter.
the sumit , srt, hellfire , and the trail hawk srt

I remember reading a review of the sumit ..."it is like 4 wheeling in a barca-lounger, it can do it...but who would do it"
you are going to get mud on that nice leather?

Willis
12-13-2016, 10:50 PM
http://blog.caranddriver.com/jeep-confirms-hellcat-powered-grand-cherokee-to-dealers-reveals-0-60-time/

so it is a crap 4.6 seconds for the srt the hell cat at 707 hp is 3.5 seconds

my question is how is it in the snow ...LOL

it is funny , jeep makes several Cherokees that you would never take 4 wheeling .or camping for that matter.
the sumit , srt, hellfire , and the trail hawk srt

I remember reading a review of the sumit ..."it is like 4 wheeling in a barca-lounger, it can do it...but who would do it"
you are going to get mud on that nice leather?

Why wouldn't you take it offloading. You'll just be more comfy. hahaha. I take my 16 G63 off roading. hahaha!

Slayer
12-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Isnt there a gas guzzler tax on that SRT and Hellcat?

xdude
12-14-2016, 05:40 PM
either way they are not your grandpa's Jeep
taking back the fastest production SUV in the world tittle I assume..

completely crazy IMHO

Willis
12-15-2016, 04:37 AM
^^^Thats going to be a real hard title to take back...The fastest title and the quickest title...I think Tesla will keep there quickest production SUV title for a long time...I cant remember who holds the fastest, it might be the new Bentley Bentayga but not 100% positive....But that is just in stock form...There are a handful of SUVs out there the will demolish most sports cars when you do small mods...

xdude
12-16-2016, 09:34 PM
well I ran into my neighbor across the street .. He said I like your Jeep
then said 75th anniversary limited right?
I said wow you know your jeep ,
I then found out he was a Jeep Saleman , didn't even know..
any questions just ask ..

xdude
08-10-2017, 07:07 PM
just saw this maybe I should have waited to spend almost 2.5 times as much

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/08/the-2018-jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-costs-almost-90k.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JeepForum.com_sold&utm_source=JeepForum.com20170810

Auto News The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Costs Almost $90K

The most powerful SUV ever will come at a price.

The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk will start from $86,995 including destination when it arrives dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2017. Customers interested in securing one of the 707-horsepower Grand Cherokee Trackhawks can place an order with their local Jeep dealership starting August 10.

Powered by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk features 707 hp and 645 pound-feet of torque, allowing it to go zero-to-60 mph in just 3.5 seconds. It does the quarter mile in 11.6 seconds at 116 mph and has a top speed of 180 mph. The powerplant is paired to an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission that promises to deliver improved shift response, quality, and consistent performance and durability.

SEE ALSO: 707-HP Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Dethrones Bentley Bentayga

knights
08-11-2017, 10:12 AM
the amount of HP stock vehicles from factory are coming out with is CRAZY! I remember when 250HP was a HUGE DEAL!

xdude
04-10-2019, 07:58 PM
dragging this old thread up because there is a follow...
I got in a front in collision.. and got the word today it is totaled
with out even thinking about "Bear" gave his life so I could walk away

Yes I named my Jeep "Bear", you got a problem with that...

he died way to soon

knights
04-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Wowsa, glad to hear you’re okay bro.

Slayer
04-10-2019, 10:26 PM
I just saw an article on the new Jeeps coming out. 1 of them has the Hell Cat engine in it! 700 plus hp!!!

xdude
04-11-2019, 03:42 AM
I just saw an article on the new Jeeps coming out. 1 of them has the Hell Cat engine in it! 700 plus hp!!!

I saw a review in regards to high end Jeep GC. and it was something along the lines of
"Jeep continues to answer questions that no one is asking. ..but they are lot of fun to test drive"
those come with a race track experience too, I know someone that went and the instructor had a switch to change the computer software and shut off the safety features.
"so he could burn the tires"

my limited had enough power, and it had this console button that switch from eco to sport perf (and a bunch of other settings)
which was great for acceleration, without the constant low mileage of a big engine...

I know this sounds strange but I am thinking of getting the same thing... after all I liked the ride, and I know how it handles in a front end collision..and I walked away
does that sound crazy?

Slayer
04-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Nope! You get what you like!

Aventia
04-11-2019, 12:56 PM
I saw a review in regards to high end Jeep GC. and it was something along the lines of
"Jeep continues to answer questions that no one is asking. ..but they are lot of fun to test drive"
those come with a race track experience too, I know someone that went and the instructor had a switch to change the computer software and shut off the safety features.
"so he could burn the tires"

my limited had enough power, and it had this console button that switch from eco to sport perf (and a bunch of other settings)
which was great for acceleration, without the constant low mileage of a big engine...

I know this sounds strange but I am thinking of getting the same thing... after all I liked the ride, and I know how it handles in a front end collision..and I walked away
does that sound crazy?

Does not sound strange or crazy at all you are a purist and you like a specific model because it always served you well. Yes there are faster, better handling and better gas consumption vehicles out there but you know what you like, period.

Im a bike person and Im in the market for a 77XLCR which is a 42 year old bike that literary runs like shit and it ran like shit when it was new, why do I want it? because it does something to me when I see it.

Go for it find the same model and buy it.

xdude
04-12-2019, 02:01 PM
yeah but there is a difference between classic motor bike and a current versions of a Jeep..

I am thinking of the JGC limited X.

Slayer
04-12-2019, 03:03 PM
My friend had one of those when we were younger. Black HD cafe racer. It was cool looking.

Aventia
04-12-2019, 05:11 PM
My friend had one of those when we were younger. Black HD cafe racer. It was cool looking.

Thats it I was about 13 and I was looking at my pops playboy magazine and I still remember Barbi Benton was the centerfold. Two pages after the centerfold there she was in all of her
black beauty XLCR my heart was pumping I never saw anything like this before, it was like the Batmobile only cooler. It was at that moment that I became aware of Motorcycles and the life long love affair was born.

This is a prime example where function does not follow form. The bike is beautiful to look at but a complete dog to ride. I swear a skateboard accelerates faster and with more intention. There is no suspension whatsoever. It will rattle your rear molars out of your mouth and a big wheel has a shorter stopping distance.

Since I believe all motorcycles should be ridden and ridden hard I will never get an XLCR and that is the Irony.

xdude
04-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Barbi Benton was the centerfold. ....... and the life long love affair was born.

I agree.....Man, Barbi was unnaturally super hot... I remember thinking she was a great actress, when I saw her on Fantasy island , along with Charlie's angels and watch any chance I could

Catching the reruns now, I realize my hormones may have had something to do with my opinion.in fact I am pretty sure of it.

apparently it got you into motorcycles.... hey I want to stress I am not judging , I probably would have gotten in to motorcycles too, if I notice it ...LOL

xdude
04-18-2019, 05:08 PM
well I have got it down to a JGC limited with the luxury package...

anything over that ( and there are several models over that ) is over kill

xdude
04-20-2019, 08:04 PM
well I pick it up Monday ...here is similar one,

https://content.homenetiol.com/2000292/2114833/0x0/f1b5addffd134b9a8f4c38a7044727ee.jpg

Slayer
04-20-2019, 10:38 PM
Looks nice X! Is that all wheel drive? Is it a 6 or an 8?

xdude
04-21-2019, 05:25 AM
Looks nice X! Is that all wheel drive? Is it a 6 or an 8?
thanks
it is a 6 like my previous one, but has a rack of buttons that change the tuning on the fly, so there is different driving modes ( eco , sport normal etc.) which gives you that power boost when you are stuck behind a slow driver, with out the over head of a v8 killing your mileage.sport mode also has a nice low rumble. it's a big 6 so plenty of power , can even handle towing ( if I had the tow package)

it is 4 wheel drive... that is the big difference from Laredo to limited , Limited has a knob for terrain... it makes driving in the snow fell like you are on dry pavement...( in fact you got watch it because you feel fine , but all cars are 4 wheel stop)

any how be good to be out of the Corolla I am renting, tough to get in an out of, and way to low to the ground

Slayer
04-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Sounds great X! We want pics when you get it!