PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how not to sabotage contest prep.

flward
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
It's been about 8 years maybe a little longer since I last competed. The jitters are really setting in. I know that I am doing okay and should be happy just getting my feet wet again after my long lay off. I'm 4 weeks out till the Armbrust Pro Gym classic and I am seeing other competitors and they look like they can get it done now without hesitation. From the only two shows I've done I am looking way better than before and should on target by the preliminaries. I'm not sure what to do at this point being that I am keeping my promise to my wife to do this one clean. I eat clean, my supplementation is dead on but those guys that are posting 4 weeks photos look awesome.:confused:

Oldschooliron
07-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Wait....u are doing a non natural bb show......without gear?

While I do know a natural my universe that has a great build......he is still smaller then a same weight/height bb on gear.

I have nothing wrong with doing natural bb. Then compete in those events.

Post some cropped photos and we will help u however we can bro!

Orange24
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Agree let's see some pics

Fit Guru
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Ward you waited a long time to ask for help! 4 weeks out?? I am a contest coach shoot me a PM and we see what's up. We can also leave post here so others can know what's going on.

flward
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I know bro; I never done a show natural before, but this one is a gift to my wife, so it is what is. But like anyone who's busting his ass I still would like to do good. I mean she even think using clen a problem.

Fit Guru
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
4 weeks left? You need to hammer the cardio and drop the carbs. Abs should be in good by now. On the plus side. Great muscle bellies and size. Just concentrate on getting leaner then the last 3 days drying out. You can do this!! And Props to doing it natural!!

flward
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks Bro.

Oldschooliron
07-28-2012, 01:27 AM
4 weeks left? You need to hammer the cardio and drop the carbs. Abs should be in good by now. On the plus side. Great muscle bellies and size. Just concentrate on getting leaner then the last 3 days drying out. You can do this!! And Props to doing it natural!!

Agreed. Great size bro but u need to really lean up fast. Your competitors are using every aas trick in the book right now to get shredded.

Fit Guru
07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Conditioning wins shows. I've Been judging in the NPC for 23 yrs and Most judges will always put a smaller guy at 3% bf over a more muscular guy with 7%. Granted shape and proportation are the same .

Fit Guru
07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
That's proportion! Lol

Fit Guru
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Flward... Update?