PDA

View Full Version : Adding in Cardio?

Ironguruera
12-08-2016, 01:04 AM
Well I must admit I didn't see myself making this post looking back a few years ago lol. I've never been a cardio fan. Maybe I'm jaded because I lettered in swimming in HS. Swam for a few years. Got so burnt out on it.

Anyways recently my work made us start parking off site. It's a 10-15 minute walk unless u get lucky and can park close. They do offer a random shuttle but I hate walking. It's slow and lame! I only enjoy it when walking my dogs with my kids or my father and not trying to get someplace. I have a few nice bicycles so I said screw walking! I would rather cruise in style in 3-5 minutes! I stuff my bike in my car and roll out! I ride it back and forth a total
Of 4 times a day. Other day I wanted to try this sandwich shop and it was equidistant to my car so I just rode there. It's been awesome! I have a very cool bike from bikesdirect.com. It has 700 sized rims like a Tour de France style racing bike but the handle bars are strait. I also put 90 deg bars at the ends of the handlebars. It's a fast smooth bike for $400. Very impressed with it! Had it a few years and didn't use it much.

Although it's a short ride my heart rate def gets going! My legs are hard as granite and def more toned! Even my wife was like have u lost weight? I am def lighter on my feet and more nimble now. We adopted this little rat/hamster/chihuahua thing for my pit bull to have a buddy. He punked me the other day in the yard wanting to play and man I chased his little ass. It was a blast!

I'm really shocked those 4 short jaunts have made such a noticeable difference in my life. I've always loved riding a bike since a child as my fav method of cardio. I also got a sweet bmx bike to relive my childhood and ride around with my kids lol.

Anyone else like bicycling and cardio?

xdude
12-08-2016, 09:41 AM
funny I think I have the same bike ( 700mm tire and flat handle bars) although it is a road bike and not for pot holes . Very stiff.

I have not rode in a few years due to heart medication causing me to be a little susceptible to dizziness ( pumping at 20+ MPH and taking a quick turn and next thing you know you are in the road)

used to love it ..
but I say go for it , used to have a co worker that rode 25+ miles to work from about march until the first snow.
of course we have showers at work.

MuscleAddiction
12-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Have a spinning bike in gym for cardio but hurts my butt...stepmill and treadmill @ 10% incline for my cardio.

Ironguruera
12-08-2016, 01:55 PM
funny I think I have the same bike ( 700mm tire and flat handle bars) although it is a road bike and not for pot holes . Very stiff.

I have not rode in a few years due to heart medication causing me to be a little susceptible to dizziness ( pumping at 20+ MPH and taking a quick turn and next thing you know you are in the road)

used to love it ..
but I say go for it , used to have a co worker that rode 25+ miles to work from about march until the first snow.
of course we have showers at work.

Yeah showers would be choice! I will smell like a dead hookers ass come summer I'm sure.

Yeah no potholes or curb jumping off with those 700! I let my wife's friend borrow it and when they tuned the front derailleur for me he said back wheel was jacked up! I'm real careful with it so doubt it was me. She's used to a $4000 down hill mountain bike so she's used to being rough on a bike lol.

AnalogMan
12-08-2016, 02:05 PM
I love riding , headphones ,shorts into the "Sun" I have 2 Bikes ,one for Cardio and one (Beast).....AnalogMan

Ironguruera
12-08-2016, 02:07 PM
I love riding , headphones ,shorts into the "Sun" I have 2 Bikes ,one for Cardio and one (Beast).....AnalogMan

Nice! Thanks for the pics! 😎🚲 good stuff guys. I've never been on a street bike but I would imagine it's all the freedom of a bike with power just a throttle twist away!

Slayer
12-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Nice bike AM!

AnalogMan
12-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Thank You Brother , I'm going to post more, and put up some good stuff. I have seen there are " really good " people on M.C. ,and your one of them.. So is Iron ,it's all my pleasure..........AnalogMan
Nice bike AM!

xdude
12-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I have occasionally done a a cruiser ... big spongie tires with almost no tread. super smooth ride .

Slayer
12-09-2016, 12:37 PM
3326Here is a pic of my bike. I just put it in storage in my basement.

AnalogMan
12-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Very Nice. Looks like a 18/300 rear , 21/90 front. (Billet) .. My guess it's a "EVO" engine. Plus it looks a lot like mine, a "Pro Street", stretch ,soft tail,(shocks under it),can see them, a guess... Belt drive, probably a "baker"6 speed... Very Nice brother.......................A.M.

Slayer
12-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Good eye AM. Its an Ultima 127ci and an Unlimited 6 speed. 48 degree softtail frame with 42 on the frame,+6 on the trees,5in stretch and -2 on the down tubes. 106" total length.

Ironguruera
12-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice rides guys!

ordawg1
12-10-2016, 11:59 AM
I love cardio - bike - elliptical- row etc . I just wish I could figure how to beat the elevation factor . I " think " I am doing well - then I go on vacay and start hiking at elevation and get my ass kicked !! I tried a mask - but I look like a damn terrorist and the thing was a piece of shit so I tossed it -Pops

Ironguruera
12-10-2016, 02:44 PM
I love cardio - bike - elliptical- row etc . I just wish I could figure how to beat the elevation factor . I " think " I am doing well - then I go on vacay and start hiking at elevation and get my ass kicked !! I tried a mask - but I look like a damn terrorist and the thing was a piece of shit so I tossed it -Pops

I've read those masks are a scam anyways. At best they teach u how to diaphragm breathe but that's it.

Elevation is a real humbler!

Maybe it's time to finally use that elliptical we have lol.

Asked wifey for new pedals for my bicycle for xmas. It has cage ones now which are good for cranking in top gear but for my daily commute they are annoying to get my flintsone wide shoes into!
Hoping I have some time on Sunday to ride the bmx bike with the kids. The 5 yr old really likes when I practice riding wheelies lol.

Bill the Bodybuilder
01-08-2017, 12:50 AM
I loved cardio when I was younger. Shadowboxing in the morning before breakfast, a run later on, and even pick up games with friends at night. Now that I'm 46, I'm lifting every day, but I'm not trying not to have all this excess fat. I've started jogging in the morning before work, but it's fucking killing my knees. Thinking about switching to biking.

ordawg1
01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
I loved cardio when I was younger. Shadowboxing in the morning before breakfast, a run later on, and even pick up games with friends at night. Now that I'm 46, I'm lifting every day, but I'm not trying not to have all this excess fat. I've started jogging in the morning before work, but it's fucking killing my knees. Thinking about switching to biking.

No reason to pound your joints - do cardio like elliptical - rowing - swim etc -OD

Ironguruera
01-10-2017, 08:06 PM
No reason to pound your joints - do cardio like elliptical - rowing - swim etc -OD

Agreed! When people say they run I say....I'm sorry. Horrible for the joints unless u run on dirt, or turf etc. man was never meant to pound pavement

MuscleAddiction
01-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Agreed! When people say they run I say....I'm sorry. Horrible for the joints unless u run on dirt, or turf etc. man was never meant to pound pavement

We were meant to run in the bush :)

Slayer
01-11-2017, 11:13 AM
MA, is there an alternative meaning to that?!?! LOL!

MuscleAddiction
01-11-2017, 11:15 AM
MA, is there an alternative meaning to that?!?! LOL!

:)

Ironguruera
01-11-2017, 04:33 PM
We were meant to run in the bush :)

Lmfao!!! Well played sir!

ordawg1
01-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Bush DIVING - lol-OD

Bill the Bodybuilder
01-13-2017, 12:21 AM
I mean, ideally, I should be keeping cardio to a minimum, so that I can continue to see strength muscle gains, and let caloric intake dictate my fat levels. But now that I'm killing it in the gym, I seem to be hungry literally all the fucking time. I admit I have yet to truly embrace a strict body building diet. That's got to be the next step...

Slayer
01-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Gains take calories!

Ironguruera
01-14-2017, 02:19 AM
I mean, ideally, I should be keeping cardio to a minimum, so that I can continue to see strength muscle gains, and let caloric intake dictate my fat levels. But now that I'm killing it in the gym, I seem to be hungry literally all the fucking time. I admit I have yet to truly embrace a strict body building diet. That's got to be the next step...

Diet is hands down the largest key/trick/tool we have. Spend most of your energy money and efforts on the diet and it will reward u far more the anything else gains, cut or mass etc u are after.