EH? :llama:

Ironguruera
12-08-2016, 05:56 PM
You would think my tendons have taken some abuse...AnalogMan ,:tongue: LOL

I was 9 when that worlds gym membership expired 🙈

MuscleAddiction
12-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Did world gym turn into Planet Fitness?

No, Worlds Gym is still in places here in California. My buddy owns the two in San Diego, and we have one here in SF.

xdude
12-08-2016, 09:27 PM
No, Worlds Gym is still in places here in California. My buddy owns the two in San Diego, and we have one here in SF.

you are lucky ......around here is a different story
worlds became planet
gold's closed and be came blast fitness
another couple of gold's became best fitness.
the rest of gold's closed

one Power house became fitness junkies and then closed
another became mill city , and then choice fitness, and of course they have taken away weightlifting area to create an indoor track for personal trainers that are never booked .that is my gym. there is this roped off area that no one uses, and you can't cut across.

several years ago the big gyms were all leverage buyouts, that is where you borrow a sh*t load of money to buy the company, raise franchise fees through the roof , and then as the franchisers leave either contract end or go under, the loans don't get paid and every one gets laid off . Wall street gets fees for the raising the money for loans, the buy out and of course they have left long before everyone realizes the deal is sh*t

BTW planet fitness went public a few years back .. and that is a scam job ..
a company goes public, and wipes out the all debt, in planet fitness case, the major owners sold the stock and cashed out...
and the company still has significant debt and should be debt free.

I think the days of the big national chain gym, with weightlifters and body builders are over.
you have to find your local pit gym and don't let them become a take over target..

xdude
12-08-2016, 09:30 PM
sorry for the rant, my first gym membership was in 89 myself

ordawg1
12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
I believe that the first Worlds gym was in Venice . CA - but I am not positive. ( Billy Pearl ) I worked out around the corner at Golds - Venice Cally . I am thinking it was mid to late 70 s. My first gym was in S .Cal around late 60s - been a LONG time - but I " think" my memory is at least pretty good -lol-OD

Ironguruera
12-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Golds switched to EOS by me. When it was still golds they started a $10 a month to month deal and every teenager in town joined.

MuscleAddiction
12-09-2016, 03:11 PM
I believe that the first Worlds gym was in Venice . CA - but I am not positive. ( Billy Pearl ) I worked out around the corner at Golds - Venice Cally . I am thinking it was mid to late 70 s. My first gym was in S .Cal around late 60s - been a LONG time - but I " think" my memory is at least pretty good -lol-OD

You are correct, it was in Venice Beach...

The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym. Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.

ordawg1
12-09-2016, 06:38 PM
You are correct, it was in Venice Beach...

The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym. Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.

There was some big guys at Golds in those days . The names you mentioned plus more . The gear was harsh - no PCT ( what the fuck was that ? ) and all we knew is we injected and swallowed mucho gear - ate big - and got big .I am talking pure abuse - but it worked and many are still around so ??
The gear was expensive -but we could care less- lol - was a different world back then .Seems like youngsters today are a bunch of pussies . lol-OD

MuscleAddiction
12-09-2016, 06:46 PM
There was some big guys at Golds in those days . The names you mentioned plus more . The gear was harsh - no PCT ( what the fuck was that ? ) and all we knew is we injected and swallowed mucho gear - ate big - and got big .I am talking pure abuse - but it worked and many are still around so ??
The gear was expensive -but we could care less- lol - was a different world back then .Seems like youngsters today are a bunch of pussies . lol-OD

Lmao...this is true!

xdude
12-10-2016, 06:47 AM
you gotta wonder what happened to the really big guys from those days. I mean no pct, no real bro science, no internet
they must have really screwed you their hormone system

then again , we got guys really getting big, taking higher doses then ever and doing cycles,slin and hgh
all based on bro science that is not necessarily a medical evidence , but the guy that got really big

back in the old days you had to at least read a book ..

ordawg1
12-10-2016, 11:47 AM
you gotta wonder what happened to the really big guys from those days. I mean no pct, no real bro science, no internet
they must have really screwed you their hormone system

then again , we got guys really getting big, taking higher doses then ever and doing cycles,slin and hgh
all based on bro science that is not necessarily a medical evidence , but the guy that got really big

back in the old days you had to at least read a book ..

What book ? It was just learning from others and most guys did just fine . Sure - some guys screwed up their body - but they still do it today and even more so. We learned gear by what we and others used - we ate like pigs - and got big . Sure makes you wonder if the world wasn't better off back then ? Pops

xdude
12-10-2016, 02:09 PM
What book ? It was just learning from others and most guys did just fine . Sure - some guys screwed up their body - but they still do it today and even more so. We learned gear by what we and others used - we ate like pigs - and got big . Sure makes you wonder if the world wasn't better off back then ? Pops

yeah that is what I was thinking,

back then they were using stuff, some knew more that others, and some not really knowing what they were doing
Now some know more other still, but the ones that don't are taking much higher doses, and probably screwing themselves up way more

Ironguruera
12-10-2016, 02:56 PM

I assume Dan duchaines book. It's legendary in the sport esp for when it came out

xdude
12-10-2016, 06:36 PM
duchaine was the 90's whipper snapper :)

what he die of heart attack? dnp overdose?

Ironguruera
12-10-2016, 08:10 PM
duchaine was the 90's whipper snapper :)

what he die of heart attack? dnp overdose?

Kidney disease

AnalogMan
12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
So what about Walter Marcyan ,won the Central AAU Light Heavyweight Championship at 19 years old

In the early 1940s Walter moved to Santa Monica ,where he stated training at the new Famous "Muscle Beach" that still exists today. Where many legendary pioneers of bodybuilding trained .
In 1946 Walter open the first of his 7 gyms in L.A. "House of Health" , he was the first to offer personal training.

In the early 1950s he participated in the first organized body building competitions, did quite well.
He has his name on equipment in gyms all over the world now........................A.M.

Bill the Bodybuilder
01-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Actually, XDUDE, thanks for the history. I love that shit. Sooo, 6 months ago, i was in Clarksville TN, and knew I was going to be moving to North County San Diego soon, so I got a Planet Fitness membership so I could go to any of them in the country. My "comeback" has advance to the point that now I need bigger dumbbells and free weights instead of smith machines. On the look out for a pit gym here in my area (Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos), but no luck so far. One thing I can say about Planet Fitness is there is a ton of free pussy there. LOL

Ironguruera
01-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Actually, XDUDE, thanks for the history. I love that shit. Sooo, 6 months ago, i was in Clarksville TN, and knew I was going to be moving to North County San Diego soon, so I got a Planet Fitness membership so I could go to any of them in the country. My "comeback" has advance to the point that now I need bigger dumbbells and free weights instead of smith machines. On the look out for a pit gym here in my area (Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos), but no luck so far. One thing I can say about Planet Fitness is there is a ton of free pussy there. LOL

What's that gyms address u speak of? 😂😂 I'm a good boy now!

Any half way decent gym can get the job done. Nice gyms just spoil us! Hope u find a better place to train bro.
I've been up to your neck of the woods when my buddy was stationed in fork Campbell in the military we went all over in that area