PDA

View Full Version : "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Old Iron
12-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this?

Not looking to "cheat" by eating garbage, just looking for ways to make eating a little more palatable.

kazman68
12-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Funny you mentioned this...I was going to talk to you about this in an upcoming message. MY opinion is NO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hXTerPneA 13:40

kazman68
12-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Dave
s response is harsh and that wasn't aimed at you friend, it's just he has beat it like a dead horse over the years. Good question!

kazman68
12-12-2017, 02:22 PM
I would also say based on personal experience, I have done it both ways and clean food yields superior results, hands down, moreover since your natural you don't have the 'feedlot efficiency' benefit from aas. But again, no doubt clean foods are far and away better for finished product.

Old Iron
12-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Thanks Kev.

MuscleAddiction
12-12-2017, 11:49 PM
In our lifestyle food is not for pleasure...it's for a purpose.

Old Iron
12-13-2017, 12:06 AM
I know, it'd just be nice to eat a meal w/o having to run my fist through a wall just to get it down the hatch (figuratively speaking of course).

So many think the weightlifting is the hard part--that's the easy part, the food is the hard part.

kazman68
12-13-2017, 12:50 AM
I know, it'd just be nice to eat a meal w/o having to run my fist through a wall just to get it down the hatch (figuratively speaking of course).

So many think the weightlifting is the hard part--that's the easy part, the food is the hard part.

It is, put on an inspirational video and focus on that instead of what your eating, it's a means to an end, it's a mindset. Your stong you can do it.

kazman68
12-13-2017, 12:51 AM
In our lifestyle food is not for pleasure...it's for a purpose.

Absolutely ^ why I get pissed when people think it's all aas, they have no clue how hard the dieting is.

Ironguruera
12-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this?

Not looking to "cheat" by eating garbage, just looking for ways to make eating a little more palatable.

No sure what u are talking about?

MuscleAddiction
12-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Absolutely ^ why I get pissed when people think it's all aas, they have no clue how hard the dieting is.

Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.

MuscleAddiction
12-13-2017, 11:22 PM

Absolutely! Spices, condiments (low sugar ones), olive oils (flavored), vinegars, and creating meals with flavor is fun, mindset my brother...mindset.

kazman68
12-14-2017, 12:55 AM
Absolutely! Spices, condiments (low sugar ones), olive oils (flavored), vinegars, and creating meals with flavor is fun, mindset my brother...mindset.

Right on although I differ in that keto works best for me, I get plenty of energy can train for hours and muscles swell while the fat drops. Once I'm back down to -5-6% will incorporate more than one cheat meal, used to do complete weekend on re-feeds. Along the lines of Dr Mauro Di Pasquale Anabolic diet but with cleaner proteins and healthier fats.

Big Hoss
12-14-2017, 02:03 PM

^ Amen to that that one brother! Meal planning is half the battle!

Big Hoss
12-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.

MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.

kazman68
12-14-2017, 02:22 PM
MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.
Yep consistency is the key in the gym and in the kitchen!

ordawg1
12-15-2017, 01:31 PM

This is a great thread !! MA adjusted my diet and moved my protein up the ladder - lowered my carbs and gave me some great fats . Plus- changed my intensity in gym and " Boom " the weight is rolling off - but is fat - not muscle .Keep in mind at my age - I am not trying to get6 huge - just want to look good - feel good -and enjoy life . Hard to enjoy life when one is out of breath - looks like crap - and eating crap !! Diet is everything . Orange has also found this out and he is looking great like MA .
Gear has it's importance - but I hear people all the time saying that a guy is big from gear !! That is pure BS - more like intensity - and great diet - at ANY age ~ Thanks-Pops

ordawg1
12-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Forgot to mention ~ I am moving in with MA and Nikkers after I get back from Caribe (-: - my diet will be stellar !! They don't know yet lol - Pops

knights
12-15-2017, 02:32 PM
LMFAO! We should build a MC sports complex complete with apartments!

Forgot to mention ~ I am moving in with MA and Nikkers after I get back from Caribe (-: - my diet will be stellar !! They don't know yet lol - Pops

AnalogMan
12-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Improving your diet is a fast and easy way to extend your life. There are several different kinds of diets, and each one can have it's benefits.
Eat better , get enough rest, although you may think more sleep means less time living, the amount of quality sleep can help you live longer.
Your diet plays a huge role in the quality and length of your life. It can reduce the likelihood that you'll contract major diseases and perpetuate a healthy and happy lifestyle that would add several years to your life.

Wouldn't it be great to spin back the hands of time and get an extended look at life? Well , although there may not be a way to go back in time, there is a way to extend it..............AM

kazman68
12-15-2017, 03:38 PM
This is a great thread !! MA adjusted my diet and moved my protein up the ladder - lowered my carbs and gave me some great fats . Plus- changed my intensity in gym and " Boom " the weight is rolling off - but is fat - not muscle .Keep in mind at my age - I am not trying to get6 huge - just want to look good - feel good -and enjoy life . Hard to enjoy life when one is out of breath - looks like crap - and eating crap !! Diet is everything . Orange has also found this out and he is looking great like MA .
Gear has it's importance - but I hear people all the time saying that a guy is big from gear !! That is pure BS - more like intensity - and great diet - at ANY age ~ Thanks-Pops
100% spot on as per usual ).

ordawg1
12-15-2017, 11:34 PM

Hmmmm - sounds like a plan - will contact Nikkers right away - don't tell MA !! lol
Some great people on this board - lots of knowledge - you guys rock !! Pops

Orange24
12-15-2017, 11:41 PM

Haha they don’t know yet:)

MuscleAddiction
12-16-2017, 02:15 PM

We have an extra room and right next to it is the gym, and kitchen is upstairs, and the beach is 5 minutes away for some good ol' cardio on the beach...did you also want Nikki to train you in her in her yoga pants too :)?

ordawg1
12-16-2017, 02:28 PM
We have an extra room and right next to it is the gym, and kitchen is upstairs, and the beach is 5 minutes away for some good ol' cardio on the beach...did you also want Nikki to train you in her in her yoga pants too :)?

Hell yes !!! I LOVE then yoga pants !! lol-Pops

ltyson
12-16-2017, 06:33 PM
We have an extra room and right next to it is the gym, and kitchen is upstairs, and the beach is 5 minutes away for some good ol' cardio on the beach...did you also want Nikki to train you in her in her yoga pants too :)?I will take the room if OD doesn't :) lol

Ltyson

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SFDan
12-17-2017, 02:11 PM

I’m in and I’m packing up shit right now!

kazman68
12-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Hell yes !!! I LOVE then yoga pants !! lol-Pops
Hell yes, ah the curves )