PDA

View Full Version : Anyone blend eggs w/ protein shake?

thegodfather
08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Every once in awhile i'll just crack a few eggs and dump them into the blender, but ive realized that the absorbtion of the egg protein is quite poor compared to them being cooked. So my question is does anyone cook their eggs (hard-boiled) and then blend them in a protein shake???

Manny1983
08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Every once in awhile i'll just crack a few eggs and dump them into the blender, but ive realized that the absorbtion of the egg protein is quite poor compared to them being cooked. So my question is does anyone cook their eggs (hard-boiled) and then blend them in a protein shake???

I could see blending in raw eggs but blending in hard boiled eggs sounds disgusting

Oldschooliron
08-06-2012, 01:36 AM
I could see blending in raw eggs but blending in hard boiled eggs sounds disgusting

Lol. Yeah go raw or just eat the damn things as usual. Fwiw blending raw eggs is said to mess with the protein structure and lose lots of it potency.

thegodfather
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys, i appreciate that.

Bruiser
08-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I go through a dozen eggs a day and never cook them. I put 3 raws in my 4 shakes throughout the day (I have a shake between each meal). Never had any issue and have seen a huge difference in growth and recovery since I started doing this. When I'm really trying to push calories I'll up it to two dozen a day.

Orange24
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
The bioavailability is cut in half. Not to say that egg protein isn't powerful though