PDA

View Full Version : A question about cutting?

teddybear
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I have been cutting down(lowering body fat %) for weeks now.My question to other guys who have cut in the past is did you lose strength as you cut down,because I have. my bench is down 30 lbs, so are my dead lifts.But I look better in the mirror so is it normal to lose strength while you cut ?

NTL
06-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I have been cutting for about 2 months and can tell my strenght is down some. If you have droped your calories your going to lose energy.

PJ1127
06-26-2012, 10:55 PM
If you have droped your calories your going to lose energy.

^^^This... Thats why I keep bulking up haha

zedhed
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Its very difficult to maintain or gain strength during a cut. If you do a very gradual cut you will most likely find that you wont loose as much as if you did a hard cut tho. Make sure that your getting 1.5-2 grms protein per Lb of body weight and that will certainly help out.

heavylifter
06-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah. I lose strentgh when cutting. Proviron helps but.... Need the calories to stay strong.

BeastInTheEast
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
It really depends on your diet, it's just one of those small sacrifices you make when dieting but it does come back so until your done just do the best you can, i'm starting to experience the same exact thing. At this point i just go for a good pump which is also pretty tricky. It's all worth it though!

mondtster
06-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Definitely happened to me recently.

Southernlord
07-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Losing weight means losing leverage. I've maintained strength quite well in the past with aas and intermittent fasting. Strength loss is inevitable though.

Brown
07-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I hate the trade off .

Vannesb
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Diet is the key a lot of people will carb load on work out days and off days cut out almost all carbs and increase protien. I dont loose strength when I am cutting but I loose BF very easy.

Tikijoe
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
I dont loose strength when I am cutting but I loose BF very easy.

You are a lucky man! Tryin to get these abs to show will be the death of me.. Lol

anvilchin56
07-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Great book by Dr Mauro DiPasquale--The anabolic solution for bodybuilders. excellent ideas about cyclical carb loading similar to what Vannesb said above- great info

SPECIALFORCE
07-19-2012, 10:59 PM
A decrease in calories leads to weight loss and a decrease in energy this eventually leads to a decrease in strength.

flward
07-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I normally lose strength when restricting calorie along with carbs, but in past what I found to help me out is to pop amino before and during a workout. You will lose strength during cutting but I find that this helps me to get a not lose as much strength. If you decide to try this I hope it works as well for you as it does me.

10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't worry about strength loss, cuts are worth a little strength loss

kazman68
10-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Don't worry about strength loss, cuts are worth a little strength loss

I agree...woman don't care about how much you can bench, it's how you look, and they love abs.

Ironguruera
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree...woman don't care about how much you can bench, it's how you look, and they love abs.

For sure. While my wife does love my arms. The abs drive her wild. My friend has a much higher bf% and she thinks he looks stupid. "He looks swollen and puffy, not lean and jacked like you".

SisterSteel
10-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I can't agree with the statements above. I personally like size AND strength to my man.

When dieting you will lose some strength, but if you train your CNS to fire your muscles in sync properly you'll be able to retain most of your strength. Also, remember Power = Force X Dist / Time so work on getting faster. Speed lifts have a great deal of carry over to absolute strength.

I also don't think someone should be very restrictive in their Kcal amounts when they're dieting.

kazman68
10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I can't agree with the statements above. I personally like size AND strength to my man.

When dieting you will lose some strength, but if you train your CNS to fire your muscles in sync properly you'll be able to retain most of your strength. Also, remember Power = Force X Dist / Time so work on getting faster. Speed lifts have a great deal of carry over to absolute strength.

I also don't think someone should be very restrictive in their Kcal amounts when they're dieting.

That;s because your in a class by your self Sister :)