PDA

View Full Version : carbs and sleep?

xdude
06-12-2020, 01:23 PM
SO I have issues with sleep and it seems to peak with summer soltice.
the last few years I have given up and gone to bed at 830-900 because regardless I wake up at 430 with the dawn
I also typically trying to loose a few, and cut out carbs...
the other night went to Mexican takeout and had some rice for the first time in a while and I sleep like a rock.
SO does carbs help with sleep ?
I might have been just due for a good night's sleep

MuscleAddiction
06-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Exhaustion will give you a good night's sleep lol, sounds like you were there. Carbs before bed usually I believe would disrupt sleep, I too go to bed at 8:30-9pm every night, my last two meals are no carb only fish or chicken and veggies. Sometimes I will have nonfat Greek yogurt with a scoop of chocolate protein but obviously no carbs in that too, just protein. All you can do is experiment as we all are different and respond to things differently...I need my sleep, if I could have it my way I would get 9-10 hours a night, but that only happens on occasion.

MuscleAddiction
06-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Then I looked it up and this is contradictory lol...Carbs which quickly raise blood sugar (those with a high glycemic index) may hasten sleep, especially when eaten four hours before bedtime, the researchers report. Such carbs may boost tryptophan and serotonin, two brain chemicals involved in sleep, the study suggests.

So when they say "such carbs" which are they talking about, low or high glycemic? Again you just need to experiment with it and your body and see, obviously if you want to lose a few pounds carbs before bed I remove for that purpose.

ordawg1
06-12-2020, 03:13 PM
You guys sleep way more than I do-if I get 5 hours per night it is extreme !! lol-Pops

xdude
06-12-2020, 07:57 PM
I gotta tell you.. what usually happens to me is I crash and wake some a few hours later then I am up for an hour or 2 and crash again then get up at 4 or 5 AM
I would say I am lucky to get 6 hours a night...I just wish it was better timing, people are typically awake at 9 PM, and not at 4:30

Mexican rice is white rice with tomato paste so I would say high glycemic index...

well last night I crashed, and woke at 4 AM , did a bathroom break climbed back into bed and was out cold til 7:30AM
very refreshing

Reynolds
06-13-2020, 10:38 AM
If I eat before bed (within three hours) I have horrid acid reflux no matter if it's protein, carbs or just an apple. Such fun!

Orange24
06-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Lately I’ve been having terrible sleep. Waking up at 3:30 on the dot every night and having a vowel movement. It’s driving me bonkers. Stomach problems and orange go hand in hand tho! Making my last meal around 6:30 usually helps quite a bit though. However, sometimes a snack before bed happens and I usually run into trouble. Still for the last week though, 3:30am and it’s time to go. Definitely a season of anxiety though, non stop 24/7 with kids and been home not working since mid March.

AnalogMan
06-14-2020, 12:50 PM
The Creepy Crawler: You fall asleep just fine. But then you wake up at an unreasonable hour, maybe 3 or 4am., and no matter how hard you try, you can't fall back to sleep. You may resort to 'creeping' around the house or surfing the internet instead. The technical term for this problem is Sleep Latency Insomnia.

Antenna Head: You climb into bed at a reasonable hour and lie there as your brain becomes an antenna for every thought on the planet. Your head goes into 'rewind' mode as you think about what you should've done, what you might have said, and what you still need to do. Then around 1 or 2 am when you are fully maddened, you might doze off. This is termed Sleep Onset Insomnia.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin a hormone thats lifts depression, elevates mood, and promotes good sleep. 5-HTP occurs in your body naturally, but you can also take it as a supplement. You get twice the benefit from 5-HTP, because in the body, it goes on to make both serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin helps improve mood, and melatonin regulates sleep. Great for Creepy Crawlers and Antenna Heads.

Sleep is crucial, human growth hormone (HGH) and insulin growth factor (IGF-1) are typically produced at night. IGF-1 is triggered by the presence of HGH and is released by the liver and skeletal muscles to help build and repair tissues. IGF-1 shares the same receptor sites as insulin, the peptide hormone that regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism. When insulin is present because you've indulged in a high-carb snack before bed, IGF-1 is pushed aside. Eating carbohydrates at night hampers the muscle-repair process because insulin levels increase, preventing IGF-1 from binding to receptor sites. Avoid eating carbs after your evening meal and try consuming smaller meals low in high-glycemic carbs throughout the day.

3-4 hours before bed: Complex Carbs if you choice. Brown rice is a complex carb..........AM

MuscleAddiction
06-14-2020, 06:44 PM
The Creepy Crawler: You fall asleep just fine. But then you wake up at an unreasonable hour, maybe 3 or 4am., and no matter how hard you try, you can't fall back to sleep. You may resort to 'creeping' around the house or surfing the internet instead. The technical term for this problem is Sleep Latency Insomnia.

Antenna Head: You climb into bed at a reasonable hour and lie there as your brain becomes an antenna for every thought on the planet. Your head goes into 'rewind' mode as you think about what you should've done, what you might have said, and what you still need to do. Then around 1 or 2 am when you are fully maddened, you might doze off. This is termed Sleep Onset Insomnia.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin a hormone thats lifts depression, elevates mood, and promotes good sleep. 5-HTP occurs in your body naturally, but you can also take it as a supplement. You get twice the benefit from 5-HTP, because in the body, it goes on to make both serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin helps improve mood, and melatonin regulates sleep. Great for Creepy Crawlers and Antenna Heads.

Sleep is crucial, human growth hormone (HGH) and insulin growth factor (IGF-1) are typically produced at night. IGF-1 is triggered by the presence of HGH and is released by the liver and skeletal muscles to help build and repair tissues. IGF-1 shares the same receptor sites as insulin, the peptide hormone that regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism. When insulin is present because you've indulged in a high-carb snack before bed, IGF-1 is pushed aside. Eating carbohydrates at night hampers the muscle-repair process because insulin levels increase, preventing IGF-1 from binding to receptor sites. Avoid eating carbs after your evening meal and try consuming smaller meals low in high-glycemic carbs throughout the day.

3-4 hours before bed: Complex Carbs if you choice. Brown rice is a complex carb..........AM

I am #2 for sure, but cannabis and sex help with the Antenna Mind...last night had an edible, couple of puffs, and sex...triple threat stack lol, slept for 10 hours, 2 pee trips which isn't bad for all the water I drink.

Reynolds
06-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Lately I’ve been having terrible sleep. Waking up at 3:30 on the dot every night and having a vowel movement. It’s driving me bonkers. Stomach problems and orange go hand in hand tho! Making my last meal around 6:30 usually helps quite a bit though. However, sometimes a snack before bed happens and I usually run into trouble. Still for the last week though, 3:30am and it’s time to go. Definitely a season of anxiety though, non stop 24/7 with kids and been home not working since mid March.

Watch out for those vowel problems!

:thumb:

Orange24
06-15-2020, 12:33 PM

Lol

migelsr
07-27-2020, 08:45 AM
So what about BBers that diet down with plenty of carbs?

MuscleAddiction
07-27-2020, 10:40 AM
So what about BBers that diet down with plenty of carbs?

They need them to support their muscle mass, if you are talking about pros they have higher calorie requirements, so carbs are needed.

xdude
07-27-2020, 02:21 PM
man I could probably use some carbs last night
woke up 3 times , although I was able to roll over at 4:30am and sleep late until 6:30

migelsr
07-30-2020, 10:05 AM
So what about BBers that diet down with plenty of carbs? My doc recommends purchase in https://musclesfax.org/injectables-steroids

Seems useful.

GhostProfit
08-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Seems useful.

Doc recommended, I don't believe this is helping your cause brother. Just pushing peoples buttons!

GhostProfit
08-14-2020, 02:58 PM
Another one, some people. He defiantly knew what and were to place his redirect.

xdude
08-14-2020, 04:28 PM
I was having some serious problems this week, I was ready to take the stuff that killed Micheal Jackson by Wednesday...last night was good though

MuscleAddiction
08-16-2020, 03:51 PM
Another one, some people. He defiantly knew what and were to place his redirect.

He gone!

MuscleAddiction
08-16-2020, 10:03 PM
I was having some serious problems this week, I was ready to take the stuff that killed Micheal Jackson by Wednesday...last night was good though

Sleeping?

xdude
08-17-2020, 06:52 AM
yes sleeping, funny last night I slept all the way through. I usually have trouble sleeping the whole summer. and late September and October I have trouble getting up.
I know you supposedly don't catch up but I seem too.October is some good quality sleep

Jack Body
09-10-2020, 12:53 PM
You need to sleep for 1.5 hours, alternating with 4 hours of wakefulness

Jack Body
09-11-2020, 07:28 AM
Hi all, I have a female friend who lifts and is also trying to get rid of her “mum tum”. Can anyone suggest a few fat-burning steroids that would suit a first-time lady?

MuscleAddiction
09-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Hi all, I have a female friend who lifts and is also trying to get rid of her “mum tum”. Can anyone suggest a few fat-burning steroids that would suit a first-time lady?

This was asked by another member who was banned for promoting AAS from another source but I will say the same thing I said to him and listen...AAS do not burn fat, diet does, and in your other post you claim you are a diet expert, which leads me to believe that you are not because if you were you would know that, so don't reply with a link to a steroid source like the other member did. Diet and exercise will help burn unwanted bodyfat without the use of AAS.

MuscleAddiction
09-11-2020, 11:44 AM
You need to sleep for 1.5 hours, alternating with 4 hours of wakefulness

??? This makes 0 sense

xdude
09-14-2020, 07:19 PM
So the usual end to summer, or at least cooler temperatures I sleep all through the last 2 nights. solid 8 hours.

Slayer
09-14-2020, 10:44 PM
Shit!!! I wish I could get 8 solid hours! The most I get is 3 to 4 and then I’m up every 2 hours till I get up! Enjoy!!!

xdude
09-15-2020, 08:44 AM
So the usual end to summer, or at least cooler temperatures I sleep all through the last 2 nights. solid 8 hours.

I had to say something, man last night was rough, 3 hours great followed by 2 hours wide awake and 2 more tossing and turning, fell back at 5 for a couple of hours.

Trofim
09-15-2020, 11:45 AM

LoL! You are nice)