PDA

View Full Version : Favorite exercises for each body part?

MuscleAddiction
03-19-2021, 02:07 PM
Let's get a discussion going here, what are your favorite exercises for the following...

Quads: Leg Press
Hamstrings: Lying Leg Curls
Glutes: Sumo Squats
Calves: Standing Calf Raise
Chest: Incline Smith Press
Shoulders: Side Laterals
Back: T-bar Rows
Biceps: Cable Preacher Curls
Triceps: Skull Crushers
Abs: Hanging Leg Raises

Those are my top ones, I have MANY more but love these and always incorporate these into my workouts...

Next?

Reynolds
03-19-2021, 02:41 PM
Let's get a discussion going here, what are your favorite exercises for the following...

Glutes: Sumo Squats
Calves: Standing Calf Raise
Chest: Incline Smith Press
Back: T-bar Rows
Biceps: Cable Preacher Curls
Triceps: Skull Crushers

Those are my top ones, I have MANY more but love these and always incorporate these into my workouts...

Next?

Quads: Lunges
Hamstrings: Lunges
Glutes: Lunges
Calves: Seated Calf Raise
Chest: Incline/Flat Dumbell Press or Flys
Back: Wide Grip Rows
Biceps: Seated Incline Dumbell Curls
Triceps: Various Cable Extensions
Abs: Chick Fila Nuggets!!!

ltyson
03-21-2021, 11:38 PM
As you stated getting to one favorite for some body parts is so hard but here you go....

Glutes: Squats
Chest: DB shallow incline
Back:Pulldowns
Biceps: DB Hammer Curls
Triceps: V bar press downs

But you do make me ask... for the incline smith... I am assuming since it is your favorite... that the sort of locked path of motion does not give you any shoulder or elbow issues? I will have to try these as I think I will like them a lot, but was always scared that the fixed path of motion would not allow my arms or shoulders to move in a more natural path per say. So will have to try them for sure now.

Ltyson

MuscleAddiction
03-22-2021, 11:27 AM
As you stated getting to one favorite for some body parts is so hard but here you go....

Glutes: Squats
Chest: DB shallow incline
Back:Pulldowns
Biceps: DB Hammer Curls
Triceps: V bar press downs

But you do make me ask... for the incline smith... I am assuming since it is your favorite... that the sort of locked path of motion does not give you any shoulder or elbow issues? I will have to try these as I think I will like them a lot, but was always scared that the fixed path of motion would not allow my arms or shoulders to move in a more natural path per say. So will have to try them for sure now.

Ltyson

I love DB Incline too for that reason of not being locked in, but for me I can really focus on just the pecs when doing them in my Smith, changing hand position helps too, my left shoulder gives me grief too, I will do Cable Crossovers, push-ups, and rotator cuff warm up exercises prior to the incline for warm up to get things going before I press. I also like doing decline as well in the Smith, but usually do more DB for them.

ltyson
03-22-2021, 10:55 PM
Thanks MA, I am going to give the inclines a try. I like the idea of them and really being able to focus on the chest as you press makes total sense. Will let you know how they go and what I think.

Ltyson