PDA

View Full Version : Tuna

tk12
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I eat a ton of tuna every week. Today my wife went with me when I was reloading- buying my tuna for the week.
Actually buy 70 cans every week-ha

My wife was embarrassed- said she's not going anymore....

Lunchbox
08-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Careful bro. To much tuna increses the amount of mercury in your system. I remember a post on EB about it with a members medical documents showing his levels.

Oldschooliron
08-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Careful bro. To much tuna increses the amount of mercury in your system. I remember a post on EB about it with a members medical documents showing his levels.

Yup. Shit is poison! On FDA website it says albacore every 9 days. Chunk light every 3.
I tested my urine here after 3 months of the tuna in those sealed pouches. I ate it daily for 3 months. There was a car salesmen in Maine that is suing a name brand tuna company. A co-worker told me about it so I was curious.

Just google heavy metal tests. It was like $30 ish for the kit. I also tested my optimum brand protein I was using then. It came back great. My urine.....not so much lol.

tk12
08-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Wow- I've been eating a ton of tuna every week for a year or so now.
Thats how I get my protein......
Good grief!

What do yall eat to get a zillion grams of protein daily?

NTL
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
At least 2 chicken breast a day. And yes I hate chicken.lol

Manny1983
08-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Wow- I've been eating a ton of tuna every week for a year or so now.
Thats how I get my protein......
Good grief!

What do yall eat to get a zillion grams of protein daily?

At the store literally right next to the tuna cans you will canned chicken breast, I eat those 4 days a week and 1 tuna can usually 2 times a week as a snack.

Depending on if your bulking or cutting you can also eat a protien bar or protien pudding, Greek yogurt is also pretty high in protien, string cheese. There are a lot more options to get protien.

Oldschooliron
08-12-2012, 01:03 AM
At the store literally right next to the tuna cans you will canned chicken breast, I eat those 4 days a week and 1 tuna can usually 2 times a week as a snack.

Depending on if your bulking or cutting you can also eat a protien bar or protien pudding, Greek yogurt is also pretty high in protien, string cheese. There are a lot more options to get protien.

I haven't tried it in ages manny last time I did it tasted terrible( canned chicken)

U know I don't go apeshit anymore counting protein . I just have protein at every meal and a shake or 2 or 3 or 4 lol. I don't really notice a huge diff. As long as I eat my 4 good meals a day I'm good.

B fast 1 cup oats and protein shake

Lunch chicken and brown rice

Cliff mojo bar for snack

Snack again Chicken breast or dinner left overs

Protein shake

Dinner ---filet and quinoa, chicken rice, fish veggies etc.

That's about it. I try to use a protein shake to curb appetite before bed or whenever I'm starving between meals.

I'm pretty picky with fish. If I was rich I'd eat nothing but filet and quinoa lol

Lunchbox
08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Every weekend I bake 2 whole chickens and break them down. Mix all the meat together and separate into 5 oz servings. Freeze and there is my protein for the week. Mist of the tine it lasts me a bit longer because of having something different for dinner with the GF.

After seeing Olds post on EB about Tuna, I cut my intake way way back.

Oldschooliron
08-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Glad to help guys. I was both pissed cause tuna was such a cheap easy meal........and horrified at my urine analysis lol!

Honeslty I was REALLY expecting the test to come back good......not get they hey u should be dead soon lol.

Damn toxic ass ocean.

Manny1983
08-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I haven't tried it in ages manny last time I did it tasted terrible( canned chicken)

U know I don't go apeshit anymore counting protein . I just have protein at every meal and a shake or 2 or 3 or 4 lol. I don't really notice a huge diff. As long as I eat my 4 good meals a day I'm good.

B fast 1 cup oats and protein shake

Lunch chicken and brown rice

Cliff mojo bar for snack

Snack again Chicken breast or dinner left overs

Protein shake

Dinner ---filet and quinoa, chicken rice, fish veggies etc.

That's about it. I try to use a protein shake to curb appetite before bed or whenever I'm starving between meals.

I'm pretty picky with fish. If I was rich I'd eat nothing but filet and quinoa lol

The Tyson brand doesn't taste bad, not good either but not bad lol.

I don't count protien either I eat when I'm hungry make sure I get protien some carbs fiber etc etc. after following my diet and adjusting so many times I have a basic understanding of how much and what I can eat to fall into my target calorie range and protien count

Sherk
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I never eat canned tuna. I grew up poorer than shit and that was a cheap, easy and healthy way for my mom to feed us as kids. So we ate it alot. Can't stand the shit now. I eat tolapia, halibut, fresh tuna and whatever else I catch on fishing trips and freeze. My favorite is swordfish. It's cheaper too that way too.

Manny1983
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I never eat canned tuna. I grew up poorer than shit and that was a cheap, easy and healthy way for my mom to feed us as kids. So we ate it alot. Can't stand the shit now. I eat tolapia, halibut, fresh tuna and whatever else I catch on fishing trips and freeze. My favorite is swordfish. It's cheaper too that way too.

I don't know how much $ I've spent trying to cook tuna steak. I always fuck it up. I love salmon, tilopia is great, mahi mahi, walleye

Sherk
08-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Any fresh caught fish is great. I love all sea food from shell fish to shark, except oysters and crap like that. One thing to keep in mind about buying fish is the smell. If it smells real fishy then the fish is old not fresh. It doesn't matter what kind of fish it is.