PDA

View Full Version : creatine year around

Orange24
08-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Any of you guys do this?

Manny1983
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Any of you guys do this?

I personally would not, it's kind of toxic to the kidneys especially at higher doses. Also when used for extended amounts of time, creatine may also increase your body's production of a chemical called formaldehyde, MayoClinic.com notes. In turn, this increased formaldehyde production may trigger its own set of serious side effects.

Oldschooliron
08-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I've been trying the kre-alkalyn creatine cause my Buddy said anavar has creatine loading effects to it.

So far I think creatine is useless snake oil lol. I won't be buying it again.

As far as yr round ? No I agree with manny. Should be cycled.

There's also a new liquid hcl form of creatine my buddy said is even better then the kre-alkalyn. To expensive for my cheap ass.

The more supplements I try. The more I feel if u didn't kill it or have to use a needle to put it into your body........don't waste your money lol.

Manny1983
08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Also I forgot to mention that when taking creatine if you don't drink enough throughout the day your risk to kidney failure increases since water will help flush your kidneys. I said spread out through the day because you can drink 1.5 gallons of water in let's say 2 hours but that water will be out of your system way before the end of the day leaving you in a dehydrated state, so it's best to drink your water at a consistent pace through the day. Typically I stop drinking water about 2 hours before bed so I'm not up all night pissing.

Fit Guru
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I've never had a problem at 10gr a day year round. Can tell a huge difference when off. 8-10 lb weight loss

bbcoach
12-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I really like the stuff. helps me gain little weight also. helps me with explosive moves. I am an athlete and have to be able to move!! It helps me run and jump faster.. I also recover quicker

ucsdguy29
01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
i bloat a lot on creatine and hate it...any remedies to decrease bloat? What about getting rid of facial baby fat in general?

babablacksheep
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I always used creatine but over the last year I've dropped it from my supp regiment.....only creatine I get is in a pre workout 2-3 times per week

SisterSteel
01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of creatine. It always seemed like nothing more than water weight gained.

Fit Guru
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of creatine. It always seemed like nothing more than water weight gained.

But it's water weight in the muscle.i have argued this point to people who don't know the physiological aspects of how it works.Creatine pulls water into the muscle cells NOT subcutaneously! I have my clients load up on creatine the week of the show.no way in hell would I have them do it if it made them hold water under the skin.Its the biggest misunderstood supplement on the market.i LOVE it for muscle gain and muscle strength.

SisterSteel
01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
But it's water weight in the muscle.i have argued this point to people who don't know the physiological aspects of how it works.Creatine pulls water into the muscle cells NOT subcutaneously! I have my clients load up on creatine the week of the show.no way in hell would I have them do it if it made them hold water under the skin.Its the biggest misunderstood supplement on the market.i LOVE it for muscle gain and muscle strength.

But it's still just water so it's not permanent. I just can think of other things I'd rather spend my money on.

Fit Guru
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
But it's still just water so it's not permanent. I just can think of other things I'd rather spend my money on.

That's cool.alot of people don't like it

chrisotpherm
01-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm not a fan of it either.

neoclassical
01-08-2013, 01:45 PM

I like creatine for this very reason. Within 3-5 days of taking it, I notice my muscles poping, and I look dryer.

HandyHeavyLifter
06-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I took the stuff a few years ago and still have some left over. I had to piss all the time and constantly drank water. My calfs also felt like they were going to explode while I was running. I take it that will not be a problem anymore since I have reduced my run distance and increased my lifting. However, doing side jobs that I do in the summer it can be hot and I dont want to dehydrate while working in some customer's 130 deg attic.

Fit Guru
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
There are so many misconceptions about creatine. People say it makes them hold water under the skin( total opposite of what it actually does) makes them pee( only if their drinking water above what the body needs) bloats them( have you ever seen creatine?its a fine white, tasteless, odorless powder)I have my bodybuilding clients load up on it a week out from the show. Why the Hell would I do this if it made you hold sub Q water??