PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Intermittent Fasting

rockholidae
08-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Wondering if anyone else has tried this "Intermittent Fasting". Been going at it for about 6 weeks now and ...... Wow!!! Whole new world. Feel great. Initially gave it a shot to see if my energy levels would improve and they definitely have.

chrisotpherm
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Tried it once before and felt lethargic and always grumpy.

NTL
08-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I did IF for a few months to decrease bf before starting my current cycle. I saw good results using IF and really enjoyed not having to eat every few hours.

Skyling35
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
It's something I'm playing with since I'm not much of a breakfast eater. I've been doing something along the lines of leangains intermentent fasting plan. It's working out very well for me. A lot better than when I tried to cram in breakfast.

MuscleAddiction
08-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Currently on IF and have been off and on for 4 months now...it works really well for me and yes not having to be a slave to eating every 2-3 hours is nice...especially when it seems all my meetings are in the morning anyway lol. I fast from 9 pm to 1 pm, eat for 8 hours my daily calories, and lean out! Defies the whole eat small meals every 3 hour deal.

Trying to see if it can be incorporated in my cycle starting tomorrow...but it may be difficult to consume 4400 calories in 8 hours and have them clean!!!

NTL
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Currently on IF and have been off and on for 4 months now...it works really well for me and yes not having to be a slave to eating every 2-3 hours is nice...especially when it seems all my meetings are in the morning anyway lol. I fast from 9 pm to 1 pm, eat for 8 hours my daily calories, and lean out! Defies the whole eat small meals every 3 hour deal.

Trying to see if it can be incorporated in my cycle starting tomorrow...but it may be difficult to consume 4400 calories in 8 hours and have them clean!!!
I found it too hard to get enough calories in on cycle with IF, but plan to go back to it when off cycle.

layddually
08-31-2012, 10:59 PM
I love IF for cutting.

babablacksheep
09-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Never tried it mabey I'll give it a shot this spring.....right now I'm gettin ready to eat,lift, sleep,and pin.....I've always ate pretty clean on my bulks but this time around I'm gonna eat anything and everything.....see what happens

Bigmike
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Tried it for several months and I hated it... small consistent meals brought on greater results than IMF ever did.

Fit Guru
09-17-2012, 04:47 PM
It's not for bodybuilders. You will starve all your muscle away.

Skyling35
09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
It's not for bodybuilders. You will starve all your muscle away.

Are you talking huge competitive bb if so I could agree with that. I haven't lost any muscle from before IMF till now but I'm not a huge massive bb type either.

Fit Guru
09-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Are you talking huge competitive bb if so I could agree with that. I haven't lost any muscle from before IMF till now but I'm not a huge massive bb type either.

Originally Posted by AlphaMalePharma (http://www.musclecoalition.com/showthread.php?p=14459)<br />
nothing worse than dieting for 8-10 weeks to get you abs to pop then switching back to bulking and they're gone in 8-10 days lol..this is why i will stick with IF from here on out<br />
<br />
IF was developed for weight loss on normal sedentary people. It was NOT made for weight training or bodybuilding men and women. It works on calorie deficit based on a 7 day cycle. A bodybuilder or just someone building muscle should never starve their muscle for 16-36 hours just to burn more fat( and muscle)there are many more, better ways to lose fat. IF is mostly used for weight loss not fat loss. No one in my world uses it or even knows what it is. It's a Fad weight loss program.
I copied and pasted from my earlier post on this subject.

Skyling35
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
There's many types of if. I do not have a caloric deficit at any point during a week. More me it just works. Certainly not gonna argue that it's the way to go for bodybuilders but in my case of being a weight class athlete for mma it helps to keep me right where I need to be and if anything I feel I've put on muscle.

I realize I'm a different catagory of training than bodybuilders but it certainly seems to have its place.

I always seemed to struggle with staying full and keepin weight down when I ate breakfast, but when I switched to if and consumed the same calories but skipped breakfast. Everything seemed to fall in place.

Fit Guru
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
It will work perfect for someone like you. That's basically what I said it was designed for. Weight loss.

mj_0360
09-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I am assuming that this is for losing weight or cutting? I dont see how this could help gain mass in any way.

Fit Guru
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Yea for weight loss. I wouldn't even say cutting per say. I believe anytime u fast more than sleeping you start tapping into muscle.

njguy
09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I use it