Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut carbs not calories!!

Cut carbs not calories!!

You guys that are scared to death to cut carbs remember this.... Protein builds muscle!!! When you cut 200 gr of carbs you HAVE to replace those calories with protein!!

Re: Cut carbs not calories!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    You guys that are scared to death to cut carbs remember this.... Protein builds muscle!!! When you cut 200 gr of carbs you HAVE to replace those calories with protein!!
    When I first started dieting (the right way) my nutritionist at the time didn't cut my calories at all for the first month of dieting. He just changed the macros, less carb more protien and fat, I started dropping fat right away. Fit Guru I'm 100% with you..(guys he knows his shit).

Maybe I didn't add enough protein back in or my cals where to low. The low carb thing kills my workouts and energy level. I realize in competition leaning mode more crucial sacrifices must be made......I just found I was so physically exhausted and my workouts where awefull..... if I go under 75 grams of carbs daily that is.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Maybe I didn't add enough protein back in or my cals where to low. The low carb thing kills my workouts and energy level. I realize in competition leaning mode more crucial sacrifices must be made......I just found I was so physically exhausted and my workouts where awefull..... if I go under 75 grams of carbs daily that is.
    What does your fat intake look like? Need to raise them as well as protein when cutting carbs.

Honestly kaz I stay around 10% bf without really counting macros. I just keep it simple. I eat about every 3 hours. I eat 3-4 solid meals a day plus 2-4 protein shakes depending if I'm lean bulking or cutting.

my diet is pretty much this every day

B-fast 8-9am
    1cup raw rolled oats (uncooked)
    2 dates (low glycemic non fructose)
    Sunflower seeds
    Ground flax
    Cinnamon
    Beef isolate Protein shake with bcaa

Lunch 12
    Brown rice
    Chicken/bean chilli

3pm Snack cliff mojo bar

5pm 3rd meal
    Chicken and bean chilli w/brown rice, or chicken breast. I try to eat just the chicken breast on non lifting days.

Workout days karbolyn (50grams carbs) 200cals/ 25 grams protein with 3-5 grams bcaa. Post workout another shake no karbolyn 3-5 grams bcaa

Dinner filet mignon or chicken breast and brown rice or quinoa with veg.

If I'm starving before bed maybe a protein shake.

I find that formula works well for me.

Some nights I may have 1 beer. 1-2 days a week I might have a chicken salad sandwich at this one shop as my cheat meal for lunch.

Looks like any fat I get would be from the chicken breast and filet. The protein I use has 0 fat and I use water or almond milk in the shake. Most times water.

I usually just take away the extra meal if I want to lean up and replace it with a shake to curb appetite.

How would I go about adding more fat? eggs and more meats?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Honestly kaz I stay around 10% bf without really counting macros. I just keep it simple. I eat about every 3 hours. I eat 3-4 solid meals a day plus 2-4 protein shakes depending if I'm lean bulking or cutting.

my diet is pretty much this every day

B-fast 8-9am
    1cup raw rolled oats (uncooked)
    2 dates (low glycemic non fructose)
    Sunflower seeds
    Ground flax
    Cinnamon
    Beef isolate Protein shake with bcaa

Lunch 12
    Brown rice
    Chicken/bean chilli

3pm Snack cliff mojo bar

5pm 3rd meal
    Chicken and bean chilli w/brown rice, or chicken breast. I try to eat just the chicken breast on non lifting days.

Workout days karbolyn (50grams carbs) 200cals/ 25 grams protein with 3-5 grams bcaa. Post workout another shake no karbolyn 3-5 grams bcaa

Dinner filet mignon or chicken breast and brown rice or quinoa with veg.

If I'm starving before bed maybe a protein shake.

I find that formula works well for me.

Some nights I may have 1 beer. 1-2 days a week I might have a chicken salad sandwich at this one shop as my cheat meal for lunch.

Looks like any fat I get would be from the chicken breast and filet. The protein I use has 0 fat and I use water or almond milk in the shake. Most times water.

I usually just take away the extra meal if I want to lean up and replace it with a shake to curb appetite.

How would I go about adding more fat? eggs and more meats?
    Maybe more lean red meat or salmon, fish oil or flax oil, and even uncooked olive oil..nuts are good but you have to watch the calories..you diet looks good maybe once a week do kind of a re-feed. Adding a fat source to your shakes will add more cals and slow the absorption, your definitely on the right track and I admire that... so many guys fail because of diet, experiment a bit and you will find what works right for you, not much loss of energy, but keeping lean and adding some mass all at once, also keeping sub 10% is a great idea for many reasons. I would add one low carb high protein, moderate fat meal or shake.

I have 2 friends with amazing physiques. One is a female. One I got into the iron game. They have both made me realize its all about quality food and nutrients. I had all the drive in my late teens early 20's. my diet sucked back then and really slowed my progress. I've made twice the gains in half the time once I got my diet going better. Even though I'm over 30 now and took years and years off I'm far past where I was.

Got a young guy at work. He trains 5-6 days a week. Barely looks like he hits the gym. I don't know how his routines look but his diet is fast food nutrient less crap. I'm trying to show him the light so he is rewarded for his dedication.

I get off work late and have a beautiful daughter now. Time is hard to come by, but I do pretty good with my 3 day split

It won't let me upload pics for some reason or I'd post a pic. Says something about privacy settings? I tried looking in my settings but I'm lost lol.

I do have some flax oil. I'll start adding that to my shakes again. I'm real damn picky with fish. My wife makes the only fish I'll eat. I don't order it at restaurants any more. It's either too fishy or slathered in crap. I try to have a cheat meal or 2 if nothing else so I don't go crazy lol. Ill try to make more of a day out of it.

Kaz I figured out the damn thing. Almost crushed the phone haha!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349634939.204868.jpg
    This is my set point i usually stay around with the above diet. No cardio, 2-3 gym sessions per week as time and life permit.

What I've found while coaching my clients is there's 2 categories , those that do what I say and cut the carbs and raise the fats, and those that say they will DIE if they don't have carbs. It's funny really put I've trained hundreds and the response is always the same in the "carb lovers" . Carbohydrates are NOT essential to human life but protein and fats are. Most people don't know this. If all u had to eat on an island was rice you'd die but you can live on meat and nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    What I've found while coaching my clients is there's 2 categories , those that do what I say and cut the carbs and raise the fats, and those that say they will DIE if they don't have carbs. It's funny really put I've trained hundreds and the response is always the same in the "carb lovers" . Carbohydrates are NOT essential to human life but protein and fats are. Most people don't know this. If all u had to eat on an island was rice you'd die but you can live on meat and nuts.
    Absolutely true! Your right, Fit Guru most people don't realize this, this is how I break it down to them:

ESSENTIAL Amino Acids = Protein
    ESSENTIAL Fatty acids = Fats
    NO ESSENTIAL carbs!