Thread: Encrypted Email Options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Encrypted Email Options

I'm bumping an old thread and I apologize but I would stay away from hushmail as well as hidemyass as they both have cooperated with law enforcement. Like previously mentioned, PGP is a must for email security. Although it may be daunting at first, it really is pretty simple (in progress of writing a guide) and once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder what took you so long to get started.

From my own personal experience, Countermail has been good to me. I would stay away from any US based services such as riseup and also safe-mail.net (it's been proven to have a few security leaks. also IP logs that you can't erase are never good)

Quote Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
    I'm bumping an old thread and I apologize but I would stay away from hushmail as well as hidemyass as they both have cooperated with law enforcement. Like previously mentioned, PGP is a must for email security. Although it may be daunting at first, it really is pretty simple (in progress of writing a guide) and once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder what took you so long to get started.

From my own personal experience, Countermail has been good to me. I would stay away from any US based services such as riseup and also safe-mail.net (it's been proven to have a few security leaks. also IP logs that you can't erase are never good)
    Thanks for the info bro, that's good to know.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Thanks for the info bro, that's good to know.
    No problem. Personal anonymity and security is #1 in this game. Can never be too careful. I will be posting a few guides soon on computer encryption