Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Encrypted Email Options

Re: Encrypted Email Options

I use anonymousspeech, the servers are overseas

I wish more providers used GPG. It can be used with free email providers like Gmail and it is just as good as the paid email providers, only it's free!!

To add to the list:

vmail.me -- not much is known about it, just throwing it out there
    guardmail -- "Our mail server is located in the neutral, non cooperative, East-European country Transnistria where no authorities have access to the databases"
    Neomailbox--offer both secure email and a proxy for $90
    anonymousspeech -- is NOT free, although they offer a 14 day free trial. A year is ~$90

I'm bumping an old thread and I apologize but I would stay away from hushmail as well as hidemyass as they both have cooperated with law enforcement. Like previously mentioned, PGP is a must for email security. Although it may be daunting at first, it really is pretty simple (in progress of writing a guide) and once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder what took you so long to get started.

From my own personal experience, Countermail has been good to me. I would stay away from any US based services such as riseup and also safe-mail.net (it's been proven to have a few security leaks. also IP logs that you can't erase are never good)

Quote Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
    I'm bumping an old thread and I apologize but I would stay away from hushmail as well as hidemyass as they both have cooperated with law enforcement. Like previously mentioned, PGP is a must for email security. Although it may be daunting at first, it really is pretty simple (in progress of writing a guide) and once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder what took you so long to get started.

From my own personal experience, Countermail has been good to me. I would stay away from any US based services such as riseup and also safe-mail.net (it's been proven to have a few security leaks. also IP logs that you can't erase are never good)
    Thanks for the info bro, that's good to know.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Thanks for the info bro, that's good to know.
    No problem. Personal anonymity and security is #1 in this game. Can never be too careful. I will be posting a few guides soon on computer encryption