Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is your favorite workout program and why?

Re: What is your favorite workout program and why?

Daym bro..Rock On man. You doing gr8!

V.I.P.

Anyone try sling shot training by Ronnie Rowland

Explain it plz bro.

V.I.P.

Honestly better off giving you a link. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...m#.UHsocIl5mc1

Cool,
    thanks bro!

So far my favourite routine has been a simple 4 day split
    Monday chest
    Tuesday back
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday legs
    Friday shoulders

3-4 exercises per body part with around 5 sets of 5-8 reps not including warm up sets.
    This set up has worked really well for me packing on size and strength combined with a massive food intake of course! I rarely use isolation movements so all the exercises were heavy compound movements and I know many people say it's a bad idea but I always did squat and deadlift on leg day as well as clean & jerk and leg press, leg press always last to just burn the fuck outa my legs and squeeze the list out've the workout.

I've been itching to try SL 5x5 but as I'm training for a MA tournament I've tried to tailor my training towards that. And due to my financial situation I've had to choose between gym membership and martial arts training. So at the moment the majority of my training is cardio, I do push ups, pull ups and weighted and non weighted squats although my weighted squats are having my girlfriend on my back while I do em I considered push ups with her on my back but I'm really aiming at speed and stamina rather than strength ATM. My strength isn't what it was but I still try handstand push ups against a wall, IMO that's a great delt exercise, they get easier as you get lighter and harder as you put on weight (duh!) and combining them with regular ohp I've reached 91kg (198lbs) ohp which I was very pleased with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyling35 View Post
    For me with mma I have never found a program that benefitted me in my sport without altering it.

I'm probably closest to a 5x5 program though because I normally only do Olympic lifts. I don't do exactly a 5x5. It's a hard balance to strike between not adding to much size and weight, and adding lots of strength.
    I assume you have a weight to stay under? I've almost always been heavyweight so meeting a target weight was never a problem but I've found at 110kg (242lbs) I don't have the stamina I need and I only do 3-5x2 minute rounds (usually 3 but finals are 5) last year I dropped from 109kg (239.8lbs) down to 102kg (224.4lbs) and my stamina rocketed.

Now when you do your workouts at home wear a backpack filled with enough weight to make that 109kg!
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Now when you do your workouts at home wear a backpack filled with enough weight to make that 109kg!

Great plan bro! I do sometimes train with a camel back (back pack with water bag and drinking tube) with a couple of extra weights inside. I've been thinking about getting a weighted vest too. I also use a 1/2lb sand bag inside each of my 16oz bag gloves for hitting the bag and I have 1lb ankle weights for kicking but I don't use em all the time

PS I weighed myself yesterday and I was 101kg (222.2lbs)

Sounds good bro. Be sure and do your Met Cons weighted! You can thank me later...
    Im hitting 228. Lightest Ive been in I dont know how long. And leanest too.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford