Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little bitty Tris :(

Bigmike

Little bitty Tris :(

Looking for you opinion on the best workout to grow those Triceps! My Bis trump my Tris and I'd love to work on that while on cycle. A good 20% increase in size w/o stupid shit like synthol would be amazing. As always I'm willing to work for it just push downs, reverse grip pull downs, weighted dips, and skull crushers aren't growing these bad boys any more.

Re: Little bitty Tris :(

Heavy close grip bench press! And what are you using for push downs? Rope or V-Bar? I've found that since switching from low weight/high rep (15-20) using a rope to heavy weight/low rep (8-10) using a V-Bar I have put on a ton of size on my tris.

Bigmike

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Heavy close grip bench press! And what are you using for push downs? Rope or V-Bar? I've found that since switching from low weight/high rep (15-20) using a rope to heavy weight/low rep (8-10) using a V-Bar I have put on a ton of size on my tris.
    Mostly the Vbar, I'll use the rope at the end and tie it using one hand at a time for a burn.

I use reverse grip bench. Close grip bench. Dips... and heavy heavy skull crushers. Wrap my elbows on those though.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

V.I.P.

I suffer from this as well.

I Kow for me that CGBP and V-Bar pushdowns have done wonders. That's actually all I do for tris since I'm into powerlifting and not bodybuilding. With just those and all the indirect work they get from bench and OHP, my tris have gotten HUGE! The reason I prefer using the V-Bar instead of the rope is becaue I can handle almost twice the weight.

I have been using this lat pull down machine at my gym. I stand up and turn around with my back facing the bar and push that bad boy down with my palms. Its like a machine for beginners so there's no detachable bar that gets all wobbly on you.

I work out at home and dont have the press down machines. So I use kickbacks. 2 second count with med reps and French press, lower reps same 2 second count.
    I also have used the Reverse Grip Bench Press and like that for my tries.
    Im happy with the results that I get.
    If your gonna do dips for triceps you wanna keep your bod vertical and your head tipped back a little bit. That will keep the focus on your tries not on your chest. Makes a big diff.

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    I work out at home and dont have the press down machines. So I use kickbacks. 2 second count with med reps and French press, lower reps same 2 second count.
    I also have used the Reverse Grip Bench Press and like that for my tries.
    Im happy with the results that I get.
    If your gonna do dips for triceps you wanna keep your bod vertical and your head tipped back a little bit. That will keep the focus on your tries not on your chest. Makes a big diff.
    Excellent point on the positioning of the body during dips. I tend to lean forward to much and should definitely work on that.

For me dips did more for my tris than anything. Also my Chest depending on how I did the dips.
    Do em like zed said for tris or lean forward more for chest.