Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Jits'rs here...

Any Jits'rs here...

Anyone else here train or compete in Brazilian Jiu - Jitsu? If you do where do you train? Do you train Gi or No Gi?

And for those of you who don't, maybe rolling around with me would get you motivated to try BJJ.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.
    I train at Gracie Barra I train both gi and no gi and compete whenever I get a chance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Any Jits'rs here...

This guy right here. No gi exclusively so far have always felt that it translated best to mma and put my focus there. Haven't competed in about a year but will again at some point.

V.I.P.
    Nothing like being choked with your own gi or swept by your belt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Nothing like being choked with your own gi or swept by your belt
    Yep another set of tools to work with no doubt. Good thing there's no shirts in mma and grab the shorts can end up being a point lol

I'll probably start working in a gi at some point.

It took reading these posts to remember what a gi is. I remember going to a karate summer camp at 7 or 8 years old. At the end they gave out all kinds of awards to the kids. Unfortunately my award was for dirtiest gi. Im guessing I spent most of the time getting my ass kicked and rolling around in the dirt. Sorry for going off topic this just brought up some old memories for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I train at Gracie Barra I train both gi and no gi and compete whenever I get a chance
    What's the next tournament you're thinking of competing in? European's, Pan's, Worlds,...???

Quote Originally Posted by Skyling35 View Post
    This guy right here. No gi exclusively so far have always felt that it translated best to mma and put my focus there. Haven't competed in about a year but will again at some point.
    No Gi Worlds is in a month (thereabouts).
    Last edited by SisterSteel; 10-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    What's the next tournament you're thinking of competing in? European's, Pan's, Worlds,...???

I trained with Benny Meng he didn't teach jj per say but his own style of self defense, striking,kicks,grappling, holds...I would describe it as a mix of kung-fu/tae kwon do and jj. He is world renowned one hell of a shifu. I would say rolling with you Sister would be a once in a lifetime experience. I would like to have some direct jj training it is such an effective form of ma, usually when a guy is on top of you, you think your done,but jjers are so strong on their back. I could say something else but I will stop myself
    Last edited by kazman68; 10-06-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post

Probably wont be looking for a tournament till the spring. In the process of getting ready to move and saving to move so unfortunately I won't be training mma or bjj till January but I've already got a sick gym lined up and will be back in the thick of it before long.

Not sure my jiu jitsu is quite on the level of the worlds yet I've done a naga and a Europa that had damn tough competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyling35 View Post
    Probably wont be looking for a tournament till the spring. In the process of getting ready to move and saving to move so unfortunately I won't be training mma or bjj till January but I've already got a sick gym lined up and will be back in the thick of it before long.

Not sure my jiu jitsu is quite on the level of the worlds yet I've done a naga and a Europa that had damn tough competition.
    When you do compete best of luck bro...