Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any Jits'rs here...

Re: Any Jits'rs here...

I began at Gracie Barra now with smaller school. I train mostly gi but train no gi as well. I've competed three times and will compete in the spring. Sister Steel, saw your comment about never testing at ibjjf tournament. How do you feel about the new testing protocol?

V.I.P.
    Just started getting back into my Gracie Barra gym I'm out of shape for sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I once met Robert Burnikea and that guy was one of the biggest dude I ever met... any how just saw he was now doing the MMA thing..
    I would think that kind of size would work against you ...not that I would ever want to mess with him...

anyhow saw go against some soon to be forgotten dude and burnikea was still huge.

I would think your best strategy would be run..and tire him out

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I once met Robert Burnikea and that guy was one of the biggest dude I ever met... any how just saw he was now doing the MMA thing..
    I would think that kind of size would work against you ...not that I would ever want to mess with him...

anyhow saw go against some soon to be forgotten dude and burnikea was still huge.

I would think your best strategy would be run..and tire him out
    If you look, most MMA fighter aren't really "big" because it takes a lot of oxygen and work to keep those muscle firing.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I know that is what surprised me .. but there he is on you tube doing some fight in Poland...
    he was over 20lbs heavier than his opponent..and came in at 275..
    when I met him he was 285 with a respectable 6 pack showing

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I know that is what surprised me .. but there he is on you tube doing some fight in Poland...
    he was over 20lbs heavier than his opponent..and came in at 275..
    when I met him he was 285 with a respectable 6 pack showing
    Yeah in Poland. That's not Bellator and it's definitely not UFC.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    They'll never test the competitors at any IBJJF tourneys.
    SisterSteel, how do you feel about the new testing protocols in IBJJF?

Quote Originally Posted by scgear View Post
    SisterSteel, how do you feel about the new testing protocols in IBJJF?
    Personally, I think it's ridiculous but than again I think any testing for performance enhancers is ridiculous. AAS or any other performance enhancer won't make a nobody into a world champion (in any sport). It allows the individual to recover so they can continue with their brutal training regimen. And also another point.... it's the fans that put the competitor into a position where they need to use. Think about it... the fans want to see more amazing feats and so the competitors have to step things up.

I know they tested what... 10 people at Pan's but where's the results? I haven't seen them, have you? I have also heard they are going to test at Gi Mundials this year. We'll have to wait and see. The reason question is will they post the results of those who pop positive? Are they ready for that? It would solidify the argument that many out there have in that AAS is running rampant in the BJJ World.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Personally, I think it's ridiculous but than again I think any testing for performance enhancers is ridiculous. AAS or any other performance enhancer won't make a nobody into a world champion (in any sport). It allows the individual to recover so they can continue with their brutal training regimen. And also another point.... it's the fans that put the competitor into a position where they need to use. Think about it... the fans want to see more amazing feats and so the competitors have to step things up.

I know they tested what... 10 people at Pan's but where's the results? I haven't seen them, have you? I have also heard they are going to test at Gi Mundials this year. We'll have to wait and see. The reason question is will they post the results of those who pop positive? Are they ready for that? It would solidify the argument that many out there have in that AAS is running rampant in the BJJ World.
    The only one I've seen so far was from Andre Galvao, and he posted his own results. And I agree, I think its ridiculous as well. Its not like there's a magic pill you can take and become proficient in bjj or any other sport. Training, hard training is how you get better.

V.I.P.
    I blame rose Gracie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]