Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck please help

Re: Truck please help

Unless u r using it to pull or tow with I'd go gas. If its a chevy no 5.3 get.a 6.0 dodge can't beat a hemi ford no thanx

V.I.P.
    Just towing my boat and dirtbikes and shit my dodge was a 4.7 v8 pulled it fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ummm if you can hold a wrench you can maintain a diesel lol less to worry bout than gas. Yes they cost more new but for the year range he's looking at he'll be able to get 1 for very close to the money he's getting. Fuel economy is better plain and simple towing or not

I had a 95 (think that was the year lol) gmc Sierra with the shitty 6.5 diesel got it with 290k still got over 17mpg with my plow mounted up and I got rid of it with 400k only thing to ever go wrong was the glow plugs the injection pump total cost to fix was right about 300 if I remember rite cuz I did the work myself Glow plugs I got for free

Duramax have prob with injectors and they r expensive

Quote Originally Posted by bigcivic View Post
    Duramax have prob with injectors and they r expensive
    Yeah 01-04 lb7 duramax I forgot what vin code it was but I think the injector problem was just in those years and chances are they have either been warrantied or replaced by now lol

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Just towing my boat and dirtbikes and shit my dodge was a 4.7 v8 pulled it fine
    I used my Dakota to pull a car hauler and a 66' Lincoln. My silverado struggled to pull same car.

V.I.P.
    Yea my dodge had plenty of power for sure being its a lighter truck w a big engine Im going to just have to start test driving I'm kind if nervous about rolling around w 10gs in my pocket to these random people houses though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

Yea my dodge had plenty of power for sure being its a lighter truck w a big engine Im going to just have to start test driving I'm kind if nervous about rolling around w 10gs in my pocket to these random people houses though
    That's why I take a buddy and carry. Don't ever tell them you are bringing cash tell them if you like the truck you will go to your bank.

Don't u know anyone that has a dealer license? If u do have them take you to a dealer auction. If not just don't go to their house with cash, deposit that shit and if you want their truck go with them to the bank and either transfer or get a certified check