Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What PL programs have/do you run?

What PL programs have/do you run?

I'm curious to see what programs all you powerlifters have run and what you think of them. Let's get this going and get some good info to help each other and anyone else looking to break into the sport.

1. What programs have you run?
    2. Pros and cons of each?
    3. How long did you run them?
    4. Gains you made?
    5. Were you natty or not?
    6. How much of the strength as kept afterwards?

Re: What PL programs have/do you run?

As far as programs go, I've only run Westside. I really enjoyed this style of conjugate training, but it beat the he'll outta my joints. I made a few small gains over 4 months (10-15 lbs on bench and DL). I kept all the gains and was running Superdrol at the time. I know for a fact that the beating my joints took really hindered the gains I could have made. It's a fun program to do just because you never get bored with it. There are so many variations to choose from for the Max Effort work. I don't think I ever did the same ME bench movement twice the whole time I did the program! Lol. Between boards, bands, Fat Gripz and inclines, I had enough options for 6 months with no doubling up! I do know that by doing the different variations it helped me build up my weaknesses which is why bench and DL are just jumping in gains right now.

Currently I'm doing a rotating conjugate system where I alternate DE and ME work week to week. Kind of a modified version of Brandon Lilly's new Cube Method. Since starting this 6 weeks ago, I've put 10 lbs on my bench and 60 lbs on my DL. I was running a low dose of Test E and Deca and have kept all gains and my strength is still moving up since coming off it. I'll be using Androgel and Superdrol the next four weeks to finish this training cycle and hopefully hit my goals I set. I WILL bench 300 and pull 400 by November 3! Currently at 275 bench and 375 DL.

I've read many but I chose to make my own because I didn't want to follow a template.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I don't compete but I do love powerlifting. I ran 5 3 1 for about nine months. I did my own Powerbuilder accessory work. I was bulking and eating my face off most of that time. I was natty half of it and not the other so its hard to qualify the results. I did put up a strict standing BB overhead press of 105 that I thought was pretty legit. The cons of if are that if progresses slowly and gets damn boring with the tiny incremental weight increases. I always wanted to go for heavy singles which is not the right way to use that program. I would recommend if I think for a few cycles, maybe four. Not ten like I ended up running.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I've read many but I chose to make my own because I didn't want to follow a template.
    Me too. I'll try to follow a template and then when "life happens" and I miss a session, I feel like I need to start over. Just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    I don't compete but I do love powerlifting. I ran 5 3 1 for about nine months. I did my own Powerbuilder accessory work. I was bulking and eating my face off most of that time. I was natty half of it and not the other so its hard to qualify the results. I did put up a strict standing BB overhead press of 105 that I thought was pretty legit. The cons of if are that if progresses slowly and gets damn boring with the tiny incremental weight increases. I always wanted to go for heavy singles which is not the right way to use that program. I would recommend if I think for a few cycles, maybe four. Not ten like I ended up running.
    Nice work!

I spent the longest on 5 3 1 in conjunction with a full on dreamer russian bear bulk. It was interesting. I'm more of a powerbuilder so all my bb accessory work had me pretty dead by the end of that nine months. I would never run it that long agian I really do better mixing my volumes every few months or so.

I've ran west side natty. Put 35 to bench and deadlift in 3 months.
    The only bad thing is people forget to Deload. It's so hard on your body you almost have to be using AS to recover sometimes.

I used the cube method recently. Using test and deca. I put 100 to my deadlift and squat in 10 weeks. 50 to my bench. It's really high volume some days. It really is a great program. It'll kick your ass.

I'm now using 5/3/1. Just to switch things up and all. I like the linear progression aspect, And max reps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRage93 View Post
    I put 100 to my deadlift and squat in 10 weeks.
    Dam thats a big gain!

Doesnt Superdrol hurt the joints?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovy View Post
    Doesnt Superdrol hurt the joints?
    Made me feel terrible in general. My buddy said it helped his joints oddly.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!