Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What PL programs have/do you run?

Re: What PL programs have/do you run?

I staryef PL in multiply gear and trained westside conjugate. That was cool. I got to train with the former 308 world record holder and I learned a lot. In about 8 months my deadlift went up about 50, bench 20, and squat 110. Those were all geared lifts though. Once I took off yhe gear and went from a toes out to the monolift to a shoulder width squat, I quickly realized I had to change things up. After about 10 months of ecperimenting I've found that old school pyramid peaking schemes work the best for me. Most of the time though I'm focusing on building my base strength and muscle mass with slightly higher rep ranges and small progressions in weight. Everything has been natty but soon that will all change.

I ran 531, then tried my own programming and the I hired someone to write my weekly workouts. Hiring someone was the best choice I made, became the strongest I have ever been.

5/3/1, 5x5 when I first started, and currently running phat if you count that

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I've read many but I chose to make my own because I didn't want to follow a template.
    Same here. After almost 30 years in the field, I don't see any reason to change now.