Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disability Claim

Manny, it takes time and is bullshit. There is a non profit advocacy group that will help. Each state is different. My X works for large non profit here. They help with all that. PM me. If you want I bet she can find a group in your state. And with what your doc is saying to your wife. Ask for a 2nd opinion. Don't know your insurance deal but?? Shit give it a shot.

Re: Disability Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    My girl is actually in the process of trying to get on disability because she has epilepsy and it just keeps getting worse. We asked her doctor before if she could get surgery to correct it but he said she does not yet meet the criteria to be recommended for surgery by which insurance would pay. We asked about disability he said basically you fill out the application and it's about 3-6 months before you find out but most people don't get approved until they've applied 3 or more times regardless of weather or not they qualify. Also he said his only role is to verify her condition and past treatment nothing more.
    You always get denied the first time, then you have to file a 2nd, wait to be denied, at the 3rd time, you can hire an attorney(which I did) The hearing lasted 10 minutes, I had a huge case file on his desk..I waited about 2 yrs to be approved in 10 mins. They want to discourage you...they have no problem taking out taxes for ssdi right away..and ssdi is not welfare! It's like insurance you buy into through payroll deductions, the more you've worked the more you can get from ssdi, some people are also eligible for ssi as well...for people who haven't worked ssi is all they can get to me if you haven't worked and get money from the government that's welfare. You do get back pay usually split into 2 payments and of course the attorney's get their cut as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    You always get denied the first time, then you have to file a 2nd, wait to be denied, at the 3rd time, you can hire an attorney(which I did) The hearing lasted 10 minutes, I had a huge case file on his desk..I waited about 2 yrs to be approved in 10 mins. They want to discourage you...they have no problem taking out taxes for ssdi right away..and ssdi is not welfare! It's like insurance you buy into through payroll deductions, the more you've worked the more you can get from ssdi, some people are also eligible for ssi as well...for people who haven't worked ssi is all they can get to me if you haven't worked and get money from the government that's welfare. You do get back pay usually split into 2 payments and of course the attorney's get their cut as well.
    the same thing happened to my mom

Yea that's pretty much everyone's story

Holy shit he got approved! Big lump sum and monthly check! The lady said " that was one of the fasted I'd ever seen"

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Holy shit he got approved! Big lump sum and monthly check! The lady said " that was one of the fasted I'd ever seen"
    Great news brother!

V.I.P.
    Yea my buddy got approved first go after he went to their doctor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back injury is the hardest to get approved for because it's also the easiest to fake. So they have to really take their time to weed out the losers. We were lucky with our 6 year old son though. He has Autism and he got approved in a matter of 4-5 months. It's been an absolute gift! We have been able to afford in home therapy for him and in a year's time he went from being completely non-verbal to reading at a 3-4 grade level! We have been SOOOOO fortunate.

That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    That's great news!
    Thanks man. He's my little angel. I couldn't imagine my life without him or him any different. That kid is an absolutely amazing person...