Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disability Claim

Disability Claim

Has anyone applied for disability or friend or family member? Was it approved first time? How long? Friend of mine has been out of work a year with back trouble. He seems to get around with a limp but I have no idea how bad you have to be. Only people I know on disability are just crazy!! Lol

V.I.P.
    Ta fairly easy to get w the right doctors it can take time though I've been on disability for a few months never permanent but I know people tht are just fat and they are on it I could go on it permanently because of my knee but that's not the lifestyle I want to live so I'll gut it out till I really can't walk anymore but to answer your question you need to right doctors the right paperwork patience and u need to stay on them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They actually sent him to the State disability Dr. I've heard this could be good because they just want to verify the disability.

They actually sent him to the State disability Dr. I've heard this could be good because they just want to verify the disability.

V.I.P.
    Yea they did that to my boy and normally fakes get scared ad don't go but my boy just went to them yea I have pain and yea they approved
    It they told him it's surprising how many people get scared and don't go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super easy. If you have past military history. Even easier. Mental is the easiest. Well for me anyway.

He said the exam was a joke. He also said everyone in the waiting room look like they've never worked a day in their life and he's a real clean-cut well-dressed person. He said the doctor told him to own everything. He was kind of coaching him through what to say about the pain so he could write it on-paper

V.I.P.
    Yup part of the problem in this country disability pays very well I was getting about 80% of what I was making weekly at work and then without the 86 miles of driving it's almost like I was making more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He said the exam was very confusing. One second seemed like the Dr was being sensitive then the next giving him test that didn't even relate to his injury. He said he has no idea how it went. I've heard 80% get denied first time but I have 2 other friends that were never sent to.a SSI Dr and approved in 3 months. Who knows?

Re: Disability Claim

My girl is actually in the process of trying to get on disability because she has epilepsy and it just keeps getting worse. We asked her doctor before if she could get surgery to correct it but he said she does not yet meet the criteria to be recommended for surgery by which insurance would pay. We asked about disability he said basically you fill out the application and it's about 3-6 months before you find out but most people don't get approved until they've applied 3 or more times regardless of weather or not they qualify. Also he said his only role is to verify her condition and past treatment nothing more.