Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Lift of the Day.... Post in here!

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Always done my preacher similar full range of motion I use barbell, and go to rock bottom, put my head down and actually pull the bar up and over my head at the top getting a full contraction. I also love cable preachers.
    Hmmm I like the sounds of this kaz. Can u elaborate on armpit and elbow placement on the bench ? Are your armpits jammed into the bench? Is the elbow at the top of the pad or more mid pad?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Best Lift of the Day.... Post in here!

Elbows are midpad like you said go all the way down and squeeze the muscle as you come up, keeping constant tension on the muscle, I have seen some guys kind of pause at the top and relax..bad bad..you want the seat kind of low, as you come up duck your head down and pull the bar over your head as far as you can. Keep your wrists straight the bar should end up near where the back of your head and neck meet. Again your squeezing the biceps through the whole movement really squeezing it at the top.. I use an ez curl bar and change hand placement from inner to outer each set. As you already know no bouncing at the bottom of the movement.If you try them next time you do biceps and still aren't sure if your doing them correctly perhaps I can post a picture. I train arms Friday, maybe I can get some one to snap a shot..I also need to find my usb cable so I can upload the photos. Also leave your ego at the door, doing them strictly and correctly you don't need a shit ton of weight. Edgar Fletcher used to do these and had massive arms, he would use a 10 and a 5 on each side. Pure mind to muscle connection. If you have ever done overhead curls on the lat-pulldown, the bar should end up in the same area, there similar movements so to speak.

Ok your key phrase was bicep curl on lat pulldown cable. I've done those and variations lots of times trying to get that peak.

I'll try to simulate your style Sunday.

You are right though. The muscle only sees load the weight isn't as important. Kai green has some cool vids on YouTube about being a bb vs a powerlifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    All I could muster was 60# dumbbells on preacher today with strict form all the way to bottom sister. I wasn't 100% today.
    i had to try 55# dumbells after seeing this and did 4 reps with good form. thought that was good considering i had never tried over 50#

Quote Originally Posted by chuckzilla View Post
    i had to try 55# dumbells after seeing this and did 4 reps with good form. thought that was good considering i had never tried over 50#
    Glad I'm motivated a few ppl. I think I can do the 65#. I do use wrist wrap supports. my wrists are my weak point. I do try to work them with various forearm exercises.

I'm going to try kaz's bar bicep action spoken about above this week. I'll start with the dumbs and see if 65 # is doable.

Glad I'm motivated a few ppl. I think I can do the 65#. I do use wrist wrap supports. my wrists are my weak point. I do try to work them with various forearm exercises.

I'm going to try kaz's bar bicep action spoken about above this week. I'll start with the dumbs and see if 65 # is doable.
    Good to hear, I should have used less words..not good at keeping things short very effective your getting a full rom and a great squeeze at the top, I used to have large flatter biceps when I was younger, football shaped like Sergio (not quite as big back then) I have definitely improved shape and peak, I'm like Arnold right bi is slightly shorter and more peaked, left is longer and fuller, although there isn't near as much difference as Big A's.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Good to hear, I should have used less words..not good at keeping things short very effective your getting a full rom and a great squeeze at the top, I used to have large flatter biceps when I was younger, football shaped like Sergio (not quite as big back then) I have definitely improved shape and peak, I'm like Arnold right bi is slightly shorter and more peaked, left is longer and fuller, although there isn't near as much difference as Big A's.
    Kaz the preacher bench was calling at me to try to play your magical bicep peak music on it. It wasn't bicep day I was very curious about the method u mentioned. I just played around with a few reps. It seems beautiful! I'll pound it mercilessly tomorrow for real and report back. I think I finally found the bicep peak move I like!

The preacher at my gym is a standup but it was still workable. I'd love Larry Scott's bench as the curve of his pad is pure genius! Bad news is its like $600 lmao.

Kaz the preacher bench was calling at me to try to play your magical bicep peak music on it. It wasn't bicep day I was very curious about the method u mentioned. I just played around with a few reps. It seems beautiful! I'll pound it mercilessly tomorrow for real and report back. I think I finally found the bicep peak move I like!

The preacher at my gym is a standup but it was still workable. I'd love Larry Scott's bench as the curve of his pad is pure genius! Bad news is its like $600 lmao.

Keep working at it spider curls are another great movement,reversing the pad and using it straight up and down, again forget about the weight concentrate on the movement.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exe...ider-curl.html

i use the wrist wraps also and do forearm exercises. going to give the 60# dumbell a try.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckzilla View Post
    i use the wrist wraps also and do forearm exercises. going to give the 60# dumbell a try.
    You can do it! I will use my freehand to barely assist if need be ESP to force out some last reps. another reason I like single arm over bar is that I can spot myself.